OK, let's do this: Tyrod Taylor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you had a chuckle. I know I've busted your chops with the Sammy PUP/IR crap, but if you are willing to do the research, you will find that history bears out the theory of pass to score, run to win; your use of two outliers notwithstanding.

I can name many teams passing to win specially in regular season. Although I will agree running game and defense is needed in playoffs.

But gotta get there first. If the passing game is improved to AVG this team goes to playoffs year after year with the way it is built right now. So QB isn't improving change the QB maybe that sparks the passing game.

i.e. How would Carson Wentz with this running game around him.

how do you respond to a guy that wants to get in a strawman argument.

Not picking up the option makes us worse, Really? Where is the proof in that? I would argue it keeps us the same with a higher ceiling

No one can "prove" anything about next season, including you. It's all about speculation. I speculate that the Bills' offense will be worse without Taylor because of the available options. And I've seen enough bottoming out to know that teams that deliberately bottom out are poorly run in the first place and take forever to climb back. There's no Andrew Luck out there to cover Whaley's ass either.

Not sure why you dislike Taylor so much. Why not just enjoy the ride while accepting his flaws?

Edited by dave mcbride

I can name many teams passing to win specially in regular season. Although I will agree running game and defense is needed in playoffs.

But gotta get there first. If the passing game is improved to AVG this team goes to playoffs year after year with the way it is built right now. So QB isn't improving change the QB maybe that sparks the passing game.

Wentz hasn't been very good TBH. We're probably around the same. Maybe worse.

For the I lost track of how many times. Trubinksy, Watson, Rudolph and more will surface as the draft breakdown process starts

Will they be better players than Taylor next season? Again, keeping Taylor doesn't preclude drafting a QB.

How much stock do you put in the fact that the Bills are #1 in the league in fewest turnovers given up? As I'm sure you know, QBs account for most of a team's turnovers, whether through fumbles or interceptions.

Jimmy G guarantees 2 losses to the Pats every year. Romo can go toe to toe with the best QBs.

He was a great player, but he has so many bone issues and he's getting very, very long in the tooth. It's all fantasy though - no way does Jones trade a player he loves to a place he thinks is akin to Siberia.

Don't take my posts as knocking anything about the passing game. Especially great passing games led by elite QBs (they are in woefully short supply).

And perhaps you are taking "run to win" too literally. Maybe "run to seal the deal" would be better. Great teams can pound the rock when needed to close the deal. NE*** included.

Anyway, when you have a few days with nothing better to do, crunch all the historical numbers and you'll see. It was coaches that coined the phrase "pass to score, run to win" and there's a reason for that.

No one can "prove" anything about next season, including you. It's all about speculation. I speculate that the Bills' offense will be worse without Taylor because of the available options. And I've seen enough bottoming out to know that teams that deliberately bottom out are poorly run in the first place and take forever to climb back. There's no Andrew Luck out there to cover Whaley's ass either.

Not sure why you dislike Taylor so much. Why not just enjoy the ride while accepting his flaws?

Because I have seen enough Bad to AVG at best QB in Buffalo for the past 16 years. I would like a QB that can actually get you better than .500.

And with Tyrod I was hopeful last year but then regressed bad this year. So why should I feel optimistic

Wentz hasn't been very good TBH. We're probably around the same. Maybe worse.

We likely would be right about where we are but with real room for growth not a QB at his ceiling

Because I have seen enough Bad to AVG at best QB in Buffalo for the past 16 years. I would like a QB that can actually get you better than .500.

And with Tyrod I was hopeful last year but then regressed bad this year. So why should I feel optimistic

I don't believe in QB records at all, but the team is better than .500 with him - 14-11, actually (56 percent win).

Another thing to keep in mind: it's a truism, but it's also true--things can always get worse.

This stands to reason and is really common sense. We won't be in a position to draft a QB that has any REASONABLE chance of stepping in and these young never weres like Garrapolo, Glennon, etc., won't have had 6 seasons in the league and two seasons in the same system. For better or worse, the Bills will have to retain TT while grooming a better QB behind him to be his replacement eventually.

This what I keep thinking over and over and over

Hell they traded Bledsoe to the Bills so you never know.

That was a washed up version of Bledsoe on the tail end of his career. Just my opinion but I think the Pats* weren't worried about Bledsoe making a difference. If they trade Jimmy G to us I would have to imagine they would have the same opinion. If they thought he was any good I could see them sending Brady out before trading Jimmy in the division.

We likely would be right about where we are but with real room for growth not a QB at his ceiling

I just want to point out that:

1) You have absolutely no idea where we would be with another QB.

2) You have absolutely no idea what Tyrod's ceiling is.

3) You have absolutely no idea what Wentz's growth potential is.

Will they be better players than Taylor next season? Again, keeping Taylor doesn't preclude drafting a QB.

How much stock do you put in the fact that the Bills are #1 in the league in fewest turnovers given up? As I'm sure you know, QBs account for most of a team's turnovers, whether through fumbles or interceptions.

Yes they would give me .500 play just like Taylor. But with an actual high ceiling.

Guess the argument comes down to can TT get better, I don't think so after 6 years and little to no improvement instead regression from one year to the next.

I don't want to marry myself to a QB that is at his ceiling and not good enough for the next 2 years min.