OK, let's do this: Tyrod Taylor

The problem is if we don't pick it up - he's not gonna sniff us. We're left with rookies/projects/and the rest of the leagues trash. For every dak, there's an osweiler deal, everything going on in cleveland, etc. Even the 1/2 overall picks haven't really put up much.

Unlike some I am ok with that because I think Tyrod is at his ceiling. So my Rookie should have much more growth room and with the running offense like we have it is perfect to bring a young QB along because I just don't see a big drop off is all

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlike some I am ok with that because I think Tyrod is at his ceiling. So my Rookie should have much more growth room and with the running offense like we have it is perfect to bring a young QB along because I just don't see a big drop off is all

Agreed. I'd rather have an unknown than keep someone who we know is not very good.

I strongly disagree with this statement where is the proof we would be getting worse.

Look at other teams that try the "bottoming out" strategy, from baseball to basketball to football. As a fan of the Brooklyn Nets, Sabres, and (formerly) the Pirates (who I have abandoned), it's pretty goddamn clear that bottoming out usually doesn't work, at least in the medium term. There is no Andrew Luck or Payton Manning coming out next year, so I fail to see why a willingness to go 4-12/3-13 with Cardale Jones/Brian Hoyer/Case Keenum constitutes a lick of common sense.

It's clear you're on a crusade against the guy, which I don't begrudge you (you bring good knowledge to the board). But I hope you're self-conscious that you're a full-blown crusader at this point.

Edited by dave mcbride

Look at other teams that try the "bottoming out" strategy, from baseball to basketball to football. As a fan of the Brooklyn Nets, Sabres, and (formerly) the Pirates (who I have abandoned), it's pretty goddamn clear that bottoming out usually doesn't work, at least in the medium term. There is no Andrew Luck or Payton Manning coming out next year, so I fail to see why a willingness to go 4-12/3-13 with Cardale Jones/Brian Hoyer/Case Keenum constitutes a lick of common sense.

Where did i say bottom out. I said don't pick up Tyrod's option. That is not bottoming out that is wanting to be better than AVG

Asking for Proof of something that is not yet known. Are you really going to go there?

He made the statement we would be worse with something that is not known yet I didn't open the strawman argument he did

Check out my third-to-last sentence.

Understood and agreed. I'm not betting on it happening though if the same management team remains in place. Their jobs, one would hope, are certainly on the line in 2017. Drafting a QB doesn't get them closer, but that's for another day.

Where did i say bottom out. I said don't pick up Tyrod's option. That is not bottoming out that is wanting to be better than AVG

Who is going to be the QB? Name me one player who is going to be realistically available and better than him next season. I don't see anyone in college, and even if there was that wouldn't preclude the Bills from drafting him and keeping Taylor. Among veterans, there is no one, unless you want to trade a #1 and change for Jimmy Garapolo. No way does Taylor come back to Buffalo if his option isn't picked up. He's better than a lot of starters out there, and teams want hope. He'd look like Joe Montana to the Bears, Browns, Jets, and even Arizona (Carson ain't long for this league).

Edited by dave mcbride

Two of the last three SB winners (Seahawks and Broncos) have had the run the ball and play tough defense formula. Should have been 3 of 3 if not for Darrell FN Bevell.

We can't even sniff the playoffs with this conservative formula and your talking about SB ok.

He made the statement we would be worse with something that is not known yet I didn't open the strawman argument he did

I don't agree with nearly everything you say but your arguments are intelligent. I didn't have you going with the "Show me proof" argument which is classic of someone soundly beaten.

Tell thy to the 9-2 Raiders or the Patriots lol

Glad you had a chuckle. I know I've busted your chops with the Sammy PUP/IR crap, but if you are willing to do the research, you will find that history bears out the theory of pass to score, run to win; your use of two outliers notwithstanding.

Who is going to be the QB? Name me one player who is going to be realistically available and better than him next season. I don't see anyone in college, and even if there was that wouldn't preclude the Bills from drafting him and keeping Taylor. Among veterans, there is no one, unless you want to trade a #1 and change for Jimmy Garapolo.

For the I lost track of how many times. Trubinksy, Watson, Rudolph and more will surface as the draft breakdown process starts

Who is going to be the QB? Name me one player who is going to be realistically available and better than him next season. I don't see anyone in college, and even if there was that wouldn't preclude the Bills from drafting him and keeping Taylor. Among veterans, there is no one, unless you want to trade a #1 and change for Jimmy Garapolo. No way does Taylor come back to Buffalo if his option isn't picked up. He's better than a lot of starters out there, and teams want hope. He'd look like Joe Montana to the Bears, Browns, Jets, and even Arizona (Carson ain't long for this league).

IMO, the choices for the Bills are limited to:

- Pick up Taylor's option

- Trade for Romo or Garappolo

- Sign a vet like Hoyer

So I guess I'm saying that I agree with you. For me, it's a tough pill to swallow, because the team around Tyrod needs to be really good if we're to win in the playoffs.

I don't agree with nearly everything you say but your arguments are intelligent. I didn't have you going with the "Show me proof" argument which is classic of someone soundly beaten.

how do you respond to a guy that wants to get in a strawman argument.

Not picking up the option makes us worse, Really? Where is the proof in that? I would argue it keeps us the same with a higher ceiling

IMO, the choices for the Bills are limited to:

- Pick up Taylor's option

- Trade for Romo or Garappolo

- Sign a vet like Hoyer

So I guess I'm saying that I agree with you. For me, it's a tough pill to swallow, because the team around Tyrod needs to be really good if we're to win in the playoffs.

Romo 100%. Tag Gilmore. Go for broke for 1 more year. Brady v Romo 3 times.