OK, let's do this: Tyrod Taylor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty obvious, just another butt-hurt EJ fan trying to over-compensate for the embarrassment and humiliation suffered the past couple years... and in this case, a butt-hurt Bledsoe fan too! ... I thought they all left for good in 2005, apparently not. :lol::)

Weakest QB crusade ever in here, especially compared to the epic RJ and Drew ones, mostly because the loudest crusaders just really aren't good enough to pull it off. :(

In all fairness, youve been letting it slip on your crusade against Ralphs trash lately too. So its everybody i guess 😀

Pretty obvious, just another butt-hurt EJ fan trying to over-compensate for the embarrassment and humiliation suffered the past couple years... and in this case, a butt-hurt Bledsoe fan too! ... I thought they all left for good in 2005, apparently not. :lol::)

Weakest QB crusade ever in here, especially compared to the epic RJ and Drew ones, mostly because the loudest crusaders just really aren't good enough to pull it off. :(

I'm genuinely asking, because you've been nothing but snarky and I can't seem to figure out your true opinion on the matter...

How good do you think Tyrod Taylor is (compared to the other starting QB's in the NFL)?

@YardsPerPass

2nd drive, one of the few misses on the day... Jags get pressure, but a good step-up by TT, doesn't see Watkins on the dig

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/803650045522284544

It's not a good step up. He stepped to his left, significantly reducing his options. He should've stepped up into the middle of the pocket and he would've seen not only Sammy on the dig, but (I think) Clay wide open on the deep post.

The league has changed considerably since Rypien was a starting NFL QB. Roughing and PI calls have dramatically altered how defenses can play. It's opened the game up and facilitated QB success much earlier. As for Kaepernick, his inaccuracy has relegated him to being far less effective today than he was in 2012-13.

The point of this thread is that TT has not improved all that much from 2015. Before All-22, people would blame the play-calling, but it's clear this falls on the QB who doesn't trust himself to make throws in tight windows. People wanted to see something, but he's largely the same guy (in the 2nd year of this system) that he was in 2015.

The days where it took 2+ seasons for a QB to develop are over.

He's a league-average QB who is going to be better than the available alternatives this offseason. He has some obvious issues, but he also does some things very well. He will be a better player than any rookie next season or any available free agent. They should draft a rookie QB early on, however. That seems to me be the long and short of it. All the rest is noise.

He's a league-average QB who is going to be better than the available alternatives this offseason. He has some obvious issues, but he also does some things very well. He will be a better player than any rookie next season or any available free agent. They should draft a rookie QB early on, however. That seems to me be the long and short of it. All the rest is noise.

Yup. Problem is 'average' QBs usually don't get to the playoffs and almost never win championships. And in Taylor's case the issue is compounded by the fact he's a below average passer which means a good scheme by a playoff caliber defense that can force him to stay in the pocket will be successful the majority of the time.

That said, he's better than anyone I can foresee being on the team next September so hopefully they can draft successfully and keep Taylor without committing huge dollars long term.

It was actually Groy's 2nd game as starting Center. In any case, what does that matter with regard to the QB's pocket presence or lack thereof?

TT is a maddening combination of zero pocket presence and insane athleticism which mostly negates the negative outcomes of having zero pocket presence.

You mean behind Groy....his first game as a starter?

Yeah because the protection is there

It was actually Groy's 2nd game as starting Center. In any case, what does that matter with regard to the QB's pocket presence or lack thereof?

Because we have to make some type of excuse for TT Edited by MAJBobby

Yup. Problem is 'average' QBs usually don't get to the playoffs and almost never win championships. And in Taylor's case the issue is compounded by the fact he's a below average passer which means a good scheme by a playoff caliber defense that can force him to stay in the pocket will be successful the majority of the time.

That said, he's better than anyone I can foresee being on the team next September so hopefully they can draft successfully and keep Taylor without committing huge dollars long term.

Then they have to cut him and not pick up the option

I'm genuinely asking, because you've been nothing but snarky and I can't seem to figure out your true opinion on the matter...

How good do you think Tyrod Taylor is (compared to the other starting QB's in the NFL)?

First off, as always, stats are for losers. This isn't baseball, and I don't give a !@#$ about any idiot who's emotionally invested in fantasy football. (no offense to said idiots)

I predicted in August that this season rides on TT's shoulders, and the season's not over yet. I'll reserve final judgment until then.

He hasn't taken the next step that I wanted to see, but he's not losing games either. Right now, if this team misses the playoffs once again, he is one of the last persons I'd blame. If the team makes the playoffs, he will be a God in Buffalo, at least for a year or so. He's got a lot riding on these next 5 games, and I'm pulling for him to come through. If he ends up being shown the door, so be it, I root for the jersey not the player.

Oh yeah, don't care about conventional or unconvential QBs, just win.