OK, let's do this: Tyrod Taylor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is where Tyrod ranks (includes backup QBs)

Yards ~ 27

Yards per game ~ 37

Yards per completion ~ 42!!!

Touchdowns - 15

1st down % - 40!!!

Rate - 27

I subtracted the P and WR who were better than him in those categories.

I, for one, am AWED by such amazing talent.

He simply doesn't see the field.

Guys are open, and open early...the problem is that he won't throw with anticipation (i.e. before a guy comes out of his break), doesn't make an effort to throw guys open (a phrase that is over-used in most cases, but truly does apply to Tyrod), and is often late with his delivery.

I really like Tyrod, but he is too limited to be a franchise QB.

He simply doesn't see the field.

Guys are open, and open early...the problem is that he won't throw with anticipation (i.e. before a guy comes out of his break), doesn't make an effort to throw guys open (a phrase that is over-used in most cases, but truly does apply to Tyrod), and is often late with his delivery.

I really like Tyrod, but he is too limited to be a franchise QB.

Another sensible, measured, poster saying exactly what I see.

This is not a crusade. It is an unfortunate realisation of what is in front of your eyes if you watch the all 22s every week.

I think once the season is out of hand it'd be good to play EJ. Give him another shot. Maybe even sooner if Tyrod continues his confusion at the position. Yea, EJ struggled before but we cant be certain that is still the case. He hasn't started in a while. Anyone remember Rich Gannon? He became quite effective after being in the league for some years. Not saying EJ will be great but I'd hate like hell to let him go and watch him blossom on another team.

Whatever the case I just dont see Tyrod being a guy thats gonna take you to the promised land. The book is out on him and every DC in the league knows to force him to beat you through the air which he is not able to do in most games. His 4th qtr stats when behind by one score: 40% completion rate and a QBR of 50 in that situation so he's not making comebacks.

Never thought I'd say it but I'd be OK with EJ getting another shot.

Sal Maiorana: http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2016/10/31/maiorana-gap-between-bills-patriots-wide-ever/93071908/

Three things I didn't like

3. Tyrod Taylor. I know, I’m picking on Taylor again. Hey, I see what I see and if anyone thinks he’s the future for the Bills, they’re mistaken. Once again, it was another sub-par passing performance as he completed half of his 38 attempts for 183 paltry yards; that’s 4.81 yards per attempt, which is basically as bad as it gets in the NFL. Taylor escapes sacks and scrambles for yardage like no other QB in the league, but to me, all of that is nullified by his inability to make the simplest plays as a passer. He lacks accuracy, he rarely can throw receivers open, and while he’s working with virtually nothing in this Buffalo receiving corps, he also needs to help them make plays. He’s got eight more games to prove he’s worth the big money next year.

Tyrod is a middle of the pack QB at best. And those only bring playoffs/championships with an elite defense.

We do not have an elite defense. We do not have a good QB. We will not make the playoffs. Same as every !@#$ing year.

While most everyone here is harping on the QB in a run first offense and those same fans just don't get it that the entire world knows he is limited at his position and he isn't going to win games with his arm. Yet when the Bills fall behind in points they give up on the run game and attempt to force that QB win the game with his arm...it just ain't gonna happen. Not with Taylor at QB and not with that banged up slew of scrubs in his receiving corps.

No Shady, No Watkins, and the rest of the skill players all somewhat injured that offense wasn't going to score 40+ points to keep up with the Patriots. No way!

So why throw 38 times when the RB in Gillislee was averaging 7.1 yards per carry. That's an easy answer as the OC panicked and set the QB up for a very tough day as that Patriot defense could now pin their ears back and come after Taylor with everything and everyone.

The smart thing to do is keep pounding that rock just like they did in that first drive. Just keep moving the chains with runs and short passes until you have a shot at the end zone. I said it before and I'll say it again, there is no way Taylor should be throwing it up 38 times a game vs 26 rushes.

That second series Gillislee rushes for 5 yards on first down and the next two play calls are for passes. That first pass went right through Clay's hands and the next was a deep pass to Tate which he also dropped :blink:

The Bills OC let this game get away from him and Chan Gailey used to do the very same thing when the team was down by as little as 3 points.

We do not have an elite defense.

Man, that's an understatement!

Currently, the Bills are 23rd in total defense, 18th against the pass, 26th against the run. Closer to worst than first! The Bills had Shaq Lawson and Marcell Dareus and were still owned by Brady.

Where are all the threads on this Rex Ryan craptastic defense that was supposed to be the best in the NFL last year and now with more defensive coaches plus that 1st round pick were supposed to be world beaters?

I think once the season is out of hand it'd be good to play EJ. Give him another shot. Maybe even sooner if Tyrod continues his confusion at the position. Yea, EJ struggled before but we cant be certain that is still the case. He hasn't started in a while. Anyone remember Rich Gannon? He became quite effective after being in the league for some years. Not saying EJ will be great but I'd hate like hell to let him go and watch him blossom on another team.

Whatever the case I just dont see Tyrod being a guy thats gonna take you to the promised land. The book is out on him and every DC in the league knows to force him to beat you through the air which he is not able to do in most games. His 4th qtr stats when behind by one score: 40% completion rate and a QBR of 50 in that situation so he's not making comebacks.

Never thought I'd say it but I'd be OK with EJ getting another shot.

This is where I'm at. EJ still checks the boxes on paper, and he had a really ****ty development arc, so its worth seeing what he can do before he hits FA. I'd give him a pretty short leash though, and then maybe see what Cardale has going. We have 8 games to play with it, I'm already counting us as out of the playoffs. :P

Man, that's an understatement!

Currently, the Bills are 23rd in total defense, 18th against the pass, 26th against the run. Closer to worst than first! The Bills had Shaq Lawson and Marcell Dareus and were still owned by Brady.

Where are all the threads on this Rex Ryan craptastic defense that was supposed to be the best in the NFL last year and now with more defensive coaches plus that 1st round pick were supposed to be world beaters?

I think after last year, no one really expected elite defense, where as after last year's encouraging season, most of us expected Tyrod to improve.

The problem is that Taylor's most glaring weakness is killing the offense. He is woefully inaccurate on short possession passes (most sail high of target) and it stops drives dead in their tracks, gives the ball to the other team, and makes it more difficult to score TDs in the red zone.

When your offense is based on the run game, you need to complete the third and short plays. It isn't happening and the team cannot be competitive against playoff caliber teams.

I think after last year, no one really expected elite defense, where as after last year's encouraging season, most of us expected Tyrod to improve.

From what I've read here so many did expect an elite defense this year with the added coaches (Rob Ryan & Ed Reed) and all the talk about getting better at player communication. Better at getting the play calls and player substitutions in faster along with players not being out of position as the ball is snapped. Fixing the penalties. Have the team prepared to play all opponents and not just the AFC East teams!

For a bunch of games everything looked to be improved and now the team is winning everything other than the AFC East games they really need to win. One win against a Bradyless Patriots doesn't mean much if you can't beat the scrubby 3-4 Dolphins and 3-5 Jets.

I think Tyrod would have improved had the team bolstered the WR corps in the offseason and especially knowing that Watkins had surgery on his foot. I think it's far more difficult for Tyrod to improve because he has no elite player at wide receiver as Watkins has been out all year long. Charles Clay, Robert Woods have been battling injuries and Goodwin is currently in concussion protocol. Granted, with LeSean McCoy out there it takes a ton of pressure off the QB. However, with no Shady and no Watkins teams are forcing the QB to win games with his arm and without his elite playmakers.

But but i am told its the WRs

YardsPerPass.com (@YardsPerPass) tweeted at 8:54 AM on Tue, Nov 01, 2016:

The slant is wide open for the TD, but TT is watching Clay. Pressure up the middle blows things up and TT takes a hard (late?) hit https://t.co/uGcf5eDqOj

(https://twitter.com/YardsPerPass/status/793451249010114561?s=03)