OK, let's do this: Tyrod Taylor

Is it that far fetched that he didnt completely trust his protection after working with Wood this whole time?

That is possible. Trust is biult

Is it possible the protection was there and the QB move into the pocket than closer to an escape route because he always looks to run.

His pocket presence is horrible so now we are down to blaming the OL for his mistake when they have the pocket set up. Is that really were we are?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then they have to cut him and not pick up the option

I hang onto him - still draft someone - and if the new guy can take the job, look to trade him. There'll be something of a market, and the dead cap number probably won't kill us. Sort of like what Philly did, but probably not spending 2 1sts, and not expecting nearly a 1st for Tyrod.

Can a cutler or hoyer be as good? Maybe if they could stay healthy - which neither has done in like 5 years. But if we're just going to hope a rookie is better, why not just keep the known commodity and push him.

Edited by dneveu

Do you know what they call a QB who can't trust protection that is there? ****ty pocket presence.

JMC....Tyrod does not have bad pocket presense....if he did he would not feel the pressure that IS there and escape which he does routinely.

There are issues with certain parts of his game....this is not one of them. He doesnt abandon his pocket because he has bad pocket presense.

Then they have to cut him and not pick up the option

The dilemma is they have no other options. It was be easier if they were going to be 4-12 and he was terrible. He's not terrible, but he has a hard ceiling based on his passing limitations.

9-7 is the new 6-10.

First off, as always, stats are for losers. This isn't baseball, and I don't give a !@#$ about any idiot who's emotionally invested in fantasy football. (no offense to said idiots)

I predicted in August that this season rides on TT's shoulders, and the season's not over yet. I'll reserve final judgment until then.

He hasn't taken the next step that I wanted to see, but he's not losing games either. Right now, if this team misses the playoffs once again, he is one of the last persons I'd blame. If the team makes the playoffs, he will be a God in Buffalo, at least for a year or so. He's got a lot riding on these next 5 games, and I'm pulling for him to come through. If he ends up being shown the door, so be it, I root for the jersey not the player.

Oh yeah, don't care about conventional or unconvential QBs, just win.

So, you didn't answer my question and instead went off about fantasy football and stats? I'll again ask...

How good do you think Tyrod Taylor is, compared to the rest of the starting QB's in the league?

Is it possible the protection was there and the QB move into the pocket than closer to an escape route because he always looks to run.

His pocket presence is horrible so now we are down to blaming the OL for his mistake when they have the pocket set up. Is that really were we are?

He does not have bad pocket presense.....but I do think about keeping the "escape route open" is totally true.

I mean....this is who Tyrod is....he is a running quarterback. You gotta take the bad with the good on this.

I hang onto him - still draft someone - and if the new guy can take the job, look to trade him. There'll be something of a market, and the dead cap number probably won't kill us. Sort of like what Philly did, but probably not spending 2 1sts, and not expecting nearly a 1st for Tyrod.

Can a cutler or hoyer be as good? Maybe if they could stay healthy - which neither has done in like 5 years. But if we're just going to hope a rookie is better, why not just keep the known commodity and push him.

You pick his option up it Guarantees 2016 and 2017. The dead money then gets really bad.

Best move is to not pick up the option and re-sign him (if you want to keep him)

JMC....Tyrod does not have bad pocket presense....if he did he would not feel the pressure that IS there and escape which he does routinely.

There are issues with certain parts of his game....this is not one of them. He doesnt abandon his pocket because he has bad pocket presense.

That play is the definition of sensing ghost pressure. There is no pressure up the middle and he sidesteps almost out of the pocket. And your first reaction is to blame the OL who blocked his man for a net of 1 yard. That's a joke.

He does not have bad pocket presense.....but I do think about keeping the "escape route open" is totally true.

I mean....this is who Tyrod is....he is a running quarterback. You gotta take the bad with the good on this.

He does have really bad pocket presence. He feels Ghost Pressure a lot, when he moves in the pocket it is moving to run not to get in a lane to throw. He is not good in the pocket

Here is what makes our Offense go. Spoiler Alert it isn't The QB

https://twitter.com/yardsperpass/status/803661148344217600

To go along with QB play that doesnt turn the ball over and scores points.

Our running game IS what makes our offense go.....that is the way the coaching staff wants it

He does have really bad pocket presence. He feels Ghost Pressure a lot, when he moves in the pocket it is moving to run not to get in a lane to throw. He is not good in the pocket

For the last time......Tyrod is not a pocket passer.

I think we have different definitions of feeling pressure. Tyrod is very good at getting away from WOULD BE sacks as well...you cannot discount that.

You pick his option up it Guarantees 2016 and 2017. The dead money then gets really bad.

Best move is to not pick up the option and re-sign him (if you want to keep him)

His contract is confusing TBH - so its hard to project out the actual damage. But we wouldn't be responsible for his base salaries if we traded him afaik. So i THINK it would just be the 15.5 option bonus and a couple million of the signing bonus - that we could split over 2 years. So i guess the trade would have to be for something more than pennies for us to consider it.

Still less than his cap hit over the next 2 years with him on the roster - so still lowers the cap cost.

Edited by dneveu

Our running game IS what makes our offense go.....that is the way the coaching staff wants it

I think we have different definitions of feeling pressure. Tyrod is very good at getting away from WOULD BE sacks as well...you cannot discount that.

Yea, he feels a lot of pressure that isint there.

Also, several of those would be sacks are ones that he has scrambled into for no reason then has to Houdini escape.

There has never been a QB who feels ghost pressure regularly who has "good pocket presence."

Just because TT is a good athlete doesn't make him any less deficient at QB. Hunter is huge and can jump high but he still sucks at catching. One doesn't invalidate the other.

Edited by jmc12290

So, you didn't answer my question and instead went off about fantasy football and stats? I'll again ask...

How good do you think Tyrod Taylor is, compared to the rest of the starting QB's in the league?

I agree with dvneau, middle of the pack right now.

He's a league-average QB who is going to be better than the available alternatives this offseason. He has some obvious issues, but he also does some things very well. He will be a better player than any rookie next season or any available free agent. They should draft a rookie QB early on, however. That seems to me be the long and short of it. All the rest is noise.

Whaley and more recently Rex have proven quite well they can be league average. So far, they're not losing with TT, but they're not winning enough either. The teams advancing to the post-season are doing it with better QB play and I'm not seeing enough from TT that he can lead this team to a 10+ win season.

It seems the Bills are content with a guy until he proves he can't play. Then they begin the search anew, hoping to find someone during which time they struggle. If TT can't get the job done, someone should be there waiting to get a chance. If the front office is unwilling to do that, it's imperative to find someone who'll stop playing office politics.

You're not enamored with the non-threatening pick, Cardale Jones? :lol: The guy drafted specifically because he was a classic project and wouldn't threaten EJ's place on the roster or TT's place as a starter.

Edited by BillsVet