OK, let's do this: Tyrod Taylor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyrod will never be a good passer.

He's fun and exciting. He's better than what we've had the last 10 years.

He's also wildly inaccurate, has problems seeing the field and throws nobody open (as Mike Mayock says)

He is a guy who can keep you afloat, and maybe if everything breaks right get you 9 or 10 wins. He'll never be the guy and never consistently take his team to the playoffs.

If I'm the GM there's no way he's seeing $28.5M in cash next year. He's not worth half that amount.

17 years into the playoff drought and the Bills are still in no mans land, IMO.

While I agree with most of this. After only starting 22 game starts and winning half of those he isn't all that bad. The late great Bill Walsh used to say it takes around four years of development before a rookie QB realizes his potential.

This is a run first team and it was without its star RB who made that offense work so well in the wins. We knew the QB was going to be in trouble today without his star RB, without his star WR in Watkins or even his long ball catcher in Goodwin, with an injured backup RB and #2 WR, a TE who always seems to be dinged. For the love of god look at the scrubs that Tyrod was forced to throw to today. I kinda think it would be damn near impossible for any NFL QB to throw for 300 yards with the receiving corps the Bills started that game with!

Now think about how pissed Brady gets when he has a new receiver out on the field who isn't always in perfect sync with him. Then, almost every Bills offensive skill player was injured at some point in the game.

I'll tell you what, so many Bills fans will be crying in their beer when the Bills start a rookie QB who starts throwing INT's over and over. Geno Smith anyone?

In my view, this team needs a better defense almost as badly as it needs a better QB. And 41 points to any team at home is more unacceptable to me than the play of the QB attempting to play with half an offense.

Defense gives up 41, can't stop em on third down, receivers can't catch or get open, secondary gets torched, special teams gives up big kickoff return, let's start a thread about how our QB can't get the job done.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Trade Gilmore right now for Romo.

Jerry Jones will NEVER trade his illegitimate son

Let's try a little word association.. Tom Brady = Ferrari

Aaron Rodgers = Mercedes

Russell Wilson= Honda

Tyrod Taylor = Dodge Neon

Most of the Bills qbs since Kelly=

A pig with a saddle.

Russ has to be at least a Cadillac

He's the reason why Goodwin is concussed.

He got Tate and Powell lit up too

Defense gives up 41, can't stop em on third down, receivers can't catch or get open, secondary gets torched, special teams gives up big kickoff return, let's start a thread about how our QB came get the job done.

Tyrod certainly wasn't the only problem today, if that's what you're suggesting, but he is and will remain a big problem nonetheless.

Same point as last week. This is not about saying Tyrod was to blame for the defeat. Tyrod Taylor isn't going to do anything to lose you a game.... he just rarely is going to do enough to win you one.

I mentioned this before but when he was surrounded by playmakers early last season he was completing passes at a prolific rate and putting a ton of points on the board.

His ability to buy time combined with guys who get open fast and stay open.........and a solid D and run game........is a formula that can work.

Not ideal.......but Tyrod isn't going to become a surgical passer and QB's capable of making a difference are in short supply around the NFL.

Edited by #BADOL

Those calling for Cardelle or EJ are just losing all sense of argument with me.

No matter what you think about TT, he's better than both right now.

Yea it's so hard to get 180 ypg from a qb

Defense gives up 41, can't stop em on third down, receivers can't catch or get open, secondary gets torched, special teams gives up big kickoff return, let's start a thread about how our QB came get the job done.

Tyrod was awesome chief. Good point

Bring on the meltdowns !

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I mentioned this before but when he was surrounded by playmakers early last season he was completing passes at a prolific rate and putting a ton of points on the board.

His ability to buy time combined with guys who get open fast and stay open.........and a solid D and run game........is a formula that can work.

Not ideal.......but Tyrod isn't going to become a surgical passer and QB's capable of making a difference are in short supply around the NFL.

Perfectly put

He works for the style of offense we want to run. Run first, options, etc. He has a good deep ball and mobility/escapability. He is a good QB when playing with the lead, but is not a good enough QB to win in a shootout. However, he is a much better passer with Sammy on the field.

He's not the kind of QB you want throwing 30-40 passes a game. In this offense, he just needs to be efficient and protect the ball, but he's thinking too much and not just letting it rip, and when he does, he lacks consistent accuracy and touch. Granted he's playing with end of the bench receivers, but still, he has to hit those passes. I still think he can get better.

The late great Bill Walsh used to say it takes around four years of development before a rookie QB realizes his potential.

I think he said something about a QB we had once as well...I forget how that turned out...

Granted he's playing with end of the bench receivers, but still, he has to hit those passes. I still think he can get better.

Not trolling - is his window to show you closing at all?

Should we stop looking for a franchise QB? No. But I think TT is a helluva player and plenty of teams would take him in a heartbeat. Seems like many of his good passes are dropped. And no one extends plays and makes something out of nothing more than TT. I can't recall a worse collection of receivers on the field as the Bills had today. I'm including a one footed Woods and banged up Clay because they weren't themselves today either. And the drops...ugh. I support Tyrod all the way

TT was a UFA after 4 years apprenticing in Baltimore. I know Denver attempted to sign him, but he went to Buffalo to have a chance at starting. I'm not so sure he'd be in demand to start many other places save for the woeful franchises as a stop-gap option.

It's 8 games into his 2nd full season of starting and his completion percentage is now beneath 60% and his yards per attempt is about 6.4. Last season at this time he was well north of a 65% completion rate and around 7.8 yards per attempt.

We're getting to the point, as with every QB, when fans begin debating whether it's the QB or the scheme at fault. Something tells me it's a little of both with the QB having issues processing the speed of the game. Opposing DC's caught up to TT's tendencies and capitalized on his weaknesses.

TT is the best QB since Bledsoe. He has accuracy issues and throws too high too much. He has been terrible on the deep ball this year. He protects the ball. He does throw over the middle. He does extend plays. He doesn't run enough. EJ is not even close to TT. Just look to last year. He is not jumpy in the pocket. I swear you guys just post **** and don't even watch the games. If anything he holds onto the ball too long to try and make a play downfield. They need to run him more. He gets out of bounds and gets down. He is the best chance they have to win.

Draft another QB next year? Yes i'm all for that. You never know when you can get a superstar. They will need to replace EJ anyways.

Give this kid more time and a healthy Sammy.

TT is the best QB since Bledsoe. He has accuracy issues and throws too high too much. He has been terrible on the deep ball this year. He protects the ball. He does throw over the middle. He does extend plays. He doesn't run enough. EJ is not even close to TT. Just look to last year. He is not jumpy in the pocket. I swear you guys just post **** and don't even watch the games. If anything he holds onto the ball too long to try and make a play downfield. They need to run him more. He gets out of bounds and gets down. He is the best chance they have to win.

Draft another QB next year? Yes i'm all for that. You never know when you can get a superstar. They will need to replace EJ anyways.

Give this kid more time and a healthy Sammy.

This is all nonsense. We're 4-4. No reason to think we'd have a worse record with EJ or most team's backups playing. We beat a bunch of crap teams, and won games with opportunistic defense and a strong running game. YOU dont watch the games if you actually think Tyrod is going to magically develop into anything other than what he has shown.

This is all nonsense. We're 4-4. No reason to think we'd have a worse record with EJ or most team's backups playing. We beat a bunch of crap teams, and won games with opportunistic defense and a strong running game. YOU dont watch the games if you actually think Tyrod is going to magically develop into anything other than what he has shown.

It could be way worse, like 6 or 7 interceptions and a couple of pick sixes worse. Just reference EJs last three starts and tell us it couldn't be worse.

It could be way worse, like 6 or 7 interceptions and a couple of pick sixes worse. Just reference EJs last three starts and tell us it couldn't be worse.

Such hyperbole crap. Why don't you actually look at his last three starts and come back to me with his yards, TDs, and INTs?