Bills vs. Patriots Postgame

Rex Ryan: "We Gotta Improve" (12:49)
HC Rex Ryan addressed the media following the game topics include; mistakes on both sides of the ball, Tom Brady's play, and an injury update.

Marcell Dareus: "I Felt Pretty Good" (1:21)
Bills DT Marcell Dareus spoke to the media following the team's game against the Patriots. Dareus discusses what it was like playing in his first game of the season and how the defense can improve moving forward.

Williams: "Can't Give Them Extra Opportunities" (3:12)
Bills DT Kyle Williams talks to the media following the team's game against the Patriots. Williams discusses the defensive struggles in executing its game plan and the need to cut down on giving second opportunities to opposing offenses.

Rex is the sort of guy who will keep telling you "We can't do this anymore" or "We have to start doing that" or "We need to improve this" or "We need to eliminate that" for the NEXT TEN YEARS IF YOU LET HIM.

Cut bait and find someone who represents the game as it is played now, or will be played in the future, and not someone who represents how it was played in the past.

And for God's sake, someone try to figure out a way to better predict NFL QB talent and find a freaking QB.

@NickVeronica

Gronk now owns the #Patriots TD record. It was a day full of Gronkiness that you couldn’t make up if you tried. http://buffalonews.com/2016/10/30/rob-gronkowski-sets-patriots-record-69th-touchdown-blowout-bills/

CwDyxMEWEAAATVx.jpg

@Deadspin

Here's the moment Brandon Tate's day ended: http://deadsp.in/h39lBGM

i4nk6a61fd9q7ryovfrh.jpg

Rex’s message to team an obvious one

At the close of a humbling defeat at the hands of the Patriots, who performed far more consistently than the Bills, head coach Rex Ryan said his message to his team postgame was pretty easy to figure out.

“The message was obvious I think,” Ryan said. “For us to compete against a team like this we’ve got to improve a lot. Backups have to step up and know what they’re doing number one would help. And that comes down on us as coaches too, and we’ve got to make sure everybody is ready to roll and eliminate the mistakes and the things we can avoid. There are going to be some combative penalties, but some of the other ones we’ve got to do a much better job of. I thought that was in our past and clearly it’s not.”

Buffalo had a season-high 12 penalties for 84 yards. For what it’s worth New England had 10 for 116 yards.

Stats that stood out

Here’s a look at some of the stats that stood out in Buffalo’s loss to New England.

41 – most points given up by the Bills this season
75% – New England’s red zone efficiency (3-4) against Bills No. 1 red zone defense
69% – The Patriots third down efficiency (9-13). They went 9-for-11 when Brady was still in the game.
12 – Bills penalties, a season high
7.1 – yards per carry average for Mike Gillislee
3 – number of carries for Mike Gillislee in the second half
5 – sacks by the Bills including the first of Shaq Lawson’s career

Still do not think Gillmore has recovered from his injury and may never. The Bills were thin on talent in key positions going into the season. Even totally healthy, the NE game would be tough. In order to win you against NE you have to not commit bone headed plays, keep penalties to a minimum, no turnovers and play aggressively. Bills did nothing today to win. That starts with the head coach.

I only got to watch the first 5min of this game (thankfully). How did Dareus play in his 1st game back? I saw one play where he blew up Blount in the backfield but I had to leave shortly thereafter. Did he have other decent plays?

Edited by bobobonators