Howard Stern Just hasn't been the same

boyst

He's not for everyone but the last 2-3 months have been the worst Stern shows ever. His constant knob gobbling of awful celebrities and praising Ellen, Rosie, Bon Jovi, Kate hudson et. Have got unlistenable. I have fast forward thru every interview for over a month. They're just boring ass people.

I know we have many stern show fans here and I post this adter reading this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3883984/Howard-Stern-s-former-sidekick-Artie-Lange-fires-shock-jock-mocks-ex-employees.html

His sudden pussification as really made the show a regular boring morning show. He has finally reached the point where he became boring. His superior lifestyle and fabulous life whilst being a radio tough guy is horrible.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree more. I currently live in Virginia Beach. I have to drive to D.C. for work about once a month. It's 4 hour drive. Until recently I would have listened to Stern live. Now I download old episodes before I hit the road.

Side note, I miss Eric the actor.

I couldn't agree more. I currently live in Virginia Beach. I have to drive to D.C. for work about once a month. It's 4 hour drive. Until recently I would have listened to Stern live. Now I download old episodes before I hit the road.

Side note, I miss Eric the actor.

I do t think you're in Buffalo jurisdiction any longer so you can find them on a pirates area, sort of a cove or lagoon. I listen tomroughly the first and last hour. That's it.

Another huge change is that he now a second amendment advocate

Sadly, I agree. I started listening in the early 90's and was hooked from the start for many reasons. One of which was the way he mercilessly demolished celebrities for their ego and phonieness. God, that's they had stuttering John.

Kissing Ellen and Madonnas ass? I know people change as you get older but it makes me cringe. The news is really all I like anymore. I'm speechless at the 180 he has done.

Sadly, I agree. I started listening in the early 90's and was hooked from the start for many reasons. One of which was the way he mercilessly demolished celebrities for their ego and phonieness. God, that's they had stuttering John.

Kissing Ellen and Madonnas ass? I know people change as you get older but it makes me cringe. The news is really all I like anymore. I'm speechless at the 180 he has done.

he has become as fake and phony as they become. And I'm not saying beth is the reason. But this is a woman who has never worked a day in her life.

I was a huge Stern fan. As soon as Artie left the show it was a downward spiral. When he re-signed with Sirius and cut the show down to a couple days a week it was too much for me and stopped listening all together. I sometimes really miss it, there truly isn't anything like it out there, but Howard just isn't the same guy.

I had had XM only for a long time, and wasn't getting Howard. This summer, I got Sirius, as well - and started listening for the first time since he went to satellite.........I would listen to On Demand interviews.

I couldn't believe how annoying he had become on the interviews. He would ask a leading question, then the guest would start answering it and he'd interrupt and go on a tangent. I can see once in a while, but it was all the time now.

The leading question part was the most annoying part. He'd have some half cocked theory about something and I bet half the guests would just say yes as like an improv class would teach you to not say No.............But, I'd be glad when the guest would flat out say NO...........Something along the lines of "Steve Miller - it's true that you hated Boz Scaggs, right?"

I had read later that since the NY Times or the New Yorker had come out and said that he was the best interviewer out there, that it had gotten to his head, and he's not the same in that regard..............As well, as what you guys are saying - my favorite stuff back in the day would be him ripping into the pretentiousness of Hollywood, etc. stars. His ball busting was hilarious.

He's not for everyone but the last 2-3 months have been the worst Stern shows ever. His constant knob gobbling of awful celebrities and praising Ellen, Rosie, Bon Jovi, Kate hudson et. Have got unlistenable. I have fast forward thru every interview for over a month. They're just boring ass people.

I know we have many stern show fans here and I post this adter reading this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3883984/Howard-Stern-s-former-sidekick-Artie-Lange-fires-shock-jock-mocks-ex-employees.html

His sudden pussification as really made the show a regular boring morning show. He has finally reached the point where he became boring. His superior lifestyle and fabulous life whilst being a radio tough guy is horrible.

That entire article was Howard just making a threat to a current employee (in a shtick I got sick of years ago).... and Artie Lange, probably from mental facility, rambled on about how awesome he is and how he would never go back, and how horrible the stern show is... then the side story of some executive who has been running things for a couple years.... strange.

Yeah, that whole Benjy Bronck late thing was so old like 5 years ago when I stopped listening. I couldnt stand when they had that dude taking air time.

That entire article was Howard just making a threat to a current employee (in a shtick I got sick of years ago).... and Artie Lange, probably from mental facility, rambled on about how awesome he is and how he would never go back, and how horrible the stern show is... then the side story of some executive who has been running things for a couple years.... strange.

Yeah, that whole Benjy Bronck late thing was so old like 5 years ago when I stopped listening. I couldnt stand when they had that dude taking air time.

artie is doing quite well these days. Seems to have got his head out of his ass. I lean toward agreeing with him more so than Howard.

All of this culminates to this side of him that is cozied up to celebs, etc. So strange. There has always been hangers on to Howard. He just didn't have any loyalty to them. Now he sucks their breasts.

It's got to be hard to resist finally being welcomed into the glamour and glitz, i get that, but the way stern is doing it is very odd. May Day is right, his interruptions during interviews are annoying, I get that he has to control the time and direction of the interview. I also get that he is now the show of choice for these A-Listers as opposed to the show that got all the cast offs. His wife is where it all went south for him, she got her cat claws into him and he is too much of a kid in the candy store to be true to himself(whatever that may be). Robin is another one, she licks Howards balls like nobodies business, and she has 0% human heart in her body. Thank goodness for Fred and Gary, JD and Richard, otherwise this show would be total crap, it is....

artie is doing quite well these days. Seems to have got his head out of his ass. I lean toward agreeing with him more so than Howard.

All of this culminates to this side of him that is cozied up to celebs, etc. So strange. There has always been hangers on to Howard. He just didn't have any loyalty to them. Now he sucks their breasts.

It's got to be hard to resist finally being welcomed into the glamour and glitz, i get that, but the way stern is doing it is very odd. May Day is right, his interruptions during interviews are annoying, I get that he has to control the time and direction of the interview. I also get that he is now the show of choice for these A-Listers as opposed to the show that got all the cast offs. His wife is where it all went south for him, she got her cat claws into him and he is too much of a kid in the candy store to be true to himself(whatever that may be). Robin is another one, she licks Howards balls like nobodies business, and she has 0% human heart in her body. Thank goodness for Fred and Gary, JD and Richard, otherwise this show would be total crap, it is....

mehmet is also the only cool thing about the show. He is the epitome of the morning show preppy college boy character.

They have ditched the whack pack. Cling to bobo and Jeff the bore. I never cared much for the whack pack but losing Eric the midget was a major blow to the show. I'd have thrown that kid in a lake if I could have

I remember saying to my friends when he announced he was getting divorced from Beth - that this takes away so much of his schtick. Which was that he couldn't bang all these hot celebrity women (that we can all relate to) - because he "couldn't afford to get divorced."

Nice bit or history re-writing there with Artie. He wasn't fired for some little reason. He was let go because he was a heroin user and tried to kill himself by stabbing his stomach with a knife. Also funny that Artie said "He'll take the high road" after doing no such thing in that piece. And I like Artie--find him hilarious. But what Artie took offense to (leaving the Stern show to a career of mediocrity), he used to say ALL THE TIME about Jackie, who is the poster boy for leaving for less success. And it's obvious that Jackie is who Stern was referencing, not Artie.

Stern has been careful for a very long time not to say anything negative about Artie. What Artie did really shook him up.

Stern has gone mainstream. Thank god. I don't need 4 hours of fart jokes, mentally and physically challenged people, and canned bits.

I listen for an hour a week or so. Enjoy his interviews and news commentary the most.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin