Bills Drop total

MAJBobby

I have a theory on that.

Kinda played out with Roscoe as well. Your smaller WRs are not going to be too affective with inaccurate QBs, because of their catch radius and such

Lets be honest... Goodwin probably sucks. He's fast not quick. He's not fast out of cuts and breaks, runs very straight up, isn't physical, and isn't shifty. His role was to be out there for a few snaps a game to take the top off the defense, but he can't be your number 1 receiver. He legit doesn't have the ability to do so.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets be honest... Goodwin probably sucks. He's fast not quick. He's not fast out of cuts and breaks, runs very straight up, isn't physical, and isn't shifty. His role was to be out there for a few snaps a game to take the top off the defense, but he can't be your number 1 receiver. He legit doesn't have the ability to do so.

I didn't say he was, just saying smaller WRs tend to need accurate ball placement, because of their smaller catch radius

Edited by MAJBobby

Id just prefer small to be like... quick like an edelman/woodhead/sproles/dion lewis type. They move the chains. This guys a home run threat but not much else.

They also have accurate Qbs throwing them the football.

Look what happens when smaller WRs go to accurate QBs (that understand ball placement) or to non Accurate QBs.

Welker is a perfect example. Blah with Inaccurate Henne, explodes with Brady. Was on point with Manning (until Manning lost his ball placement ability)

Smaller WR means Smaller catch radius and ball placement becomes a priority

They also have accurate Qbs throwing them the football.

Look what happens when smaller WRs go to accurate QBs (that understand ball placement) or to non Accurate QBs.

Welker is a perfect example. Blah with Inaccurate Henne, explodes with Brady. Was on point with Manning (until Manning lost his ball placement ability)

Smaller WR means Smaller catch radius and ball placement becomes a priority

I agree with this....which is why I feel that large catch radius WR's not small WR's should be the way to go with this team.

I thought Justin Hunter was a good start....we need to keep going that direction

I agree with this....which is why I feel that large catch radius WR's not small WR's should be the way to go with this team.

I thought Justin Hunter was a good start....we need to keep going that direction

Probably why when we had fitz they went with nelson in the slot instead of a smaller guy. And probably why the jets have the biggest WR crew - probably ever. Nelson was not fast, but quick enough and a huge catch radius and solid hands. He was actually a pretty good find until injuries caught up to him. We added Salas for that kind of role, but he obviously got hurt so we're left with this group of turds.

Probably why when we had fitz they went with nelson in the slot instead of a smaller guy. And probably why the jets have the biggest WR crew - probably ever. Nelson was not fast, but quick enough and a huge catch radius and solid hands. He was actually a pretty good find until injuries caught up to him. We added Salas for that kind of role, but he obviously got hurt so we're left with this group of turds.

Probably why we also kept Salas......too bad he got hurt

I didn't say he was, just saying smaller WRs tend to need accurate ball placement, because of their smaller catch radius

I got to clarify because not all small WRs have small catch radius. Sammy is what people would call on the smaller side height wise, but has great body control, long arms and great leaping ability to his catch radius is pretty darn big

I got to clarify because not all small WRs have small catch radius. Sammy is what people would call on the smaller side height wise, but has great body control, long arms and great leaping ability to his catch radius is pretty darn big

Antonio Brown's only 5'10, and he catches everything. So obviously exceptions. But I get where you're coming from.

Here is his Incompletions by type

Bad Throw - 43

Tipped at Line - 3

Defensed - 9

Dropped - 4

Other (I guess this includes throwaways the site really didn't say what other was) - 17

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/quarterback-incompletions-by-type/2016/

Tyrod (44) has more bad throws than Fitz (34). That's worrisome.

But I'd still like to see yards-per-dropback numbers for TT. He deserves credit for the designed passing plays he transformed into positive running plays.

Edited by hondo in seattle

How can a ball that hits an NFL WR's hands not be considered a drop? I get the whole YAC argument and can see how a slightly misplaced pass can impact YAC. I 100% get that.

But at what point are the other 10 players on the field held accountable for their lack of play-making? If the ball hits you in your hands in the NFL, you should catch it. If you dont, its considered a drop.

Again, I 100% dont disagree about YAC though.

Tyrod (44) has more bad throws than Fitz (34). That's worrisome.

But I'd still like to see yards-per-dropback numbers for TT. He deserves credit for the designed passing plays he transformed into positive running plays.

In the game against us the Jets Wr made 4-5 ridiculous catches. Just jumping up in the air and absolutely attacking the defender for the ball. Its amazing what legit WR can do.

I don't see Goodwin up there with any dropped passes even though he had one last week against the fish on a third down.

No it wasnt a drop, it was a poorly thrown football

How can a ball that hits an NFL WR's hands not be considered a drop? I get the whole YAC argument and can see how a slightly misplaced pass can impact YAC. I 100% get that.

But at what point are the other 10 players on the field held accountable for their lack of play-making? If the ball hits you in your hands in the NFL, you should catch it. If you dont, its considered a drop.

Again, I 100% dont disagree about YAC though.

In the game against us the Jets Wr made 4-5 ridiculous catches. Just jumping up in the air and absolutely attacking the defender for the ball. Its amazing what legit WR can do.

Its because ball placement can lead to drops. In proper ball placement makes a WR need to make a great catch.

If he doesnt well he doesnt get logged a drop it really is that simple

This. It is one of the most accurate criticisms of Tyrod for me. He throws catchable balls but not perfectly placed to allow for major YAC.

Not only that, he often only feels comfortable throwing at all if the receiver is wide open and stopped or close to it. You see that a ton in college football.

Brady often makes completions to covered receivers who are covered before he throws, covered when he throws, and covered when Gronk or whoever catches the ball.

Taylor isn't nearly good enough to do that, he knows it, and he doesn't try it.

If the standard is the same for all teams.......what is the difference?

The point of the stat is to rank passers in terms of accuracy.

Because it takes an excuse away of the 3 to 5 drops you hear about from people during a game

Where are Goodwin's drops? Woods has more than two. If they're only counting "room service" drops, then the stat is next to useless.

No its not. It compares all the WR on thr same panel to you can accurately see how much a QB drop rate really effects him. So in terms of TT you cannot say drops hurt him

No its not. It compares all the WR on thr same panel to you can accurately see how much a QB drop rate really effects him. So in terms of TT you cannot say drops hurt him

And as I said.........if all drops are judged the same across the league......then accuracy is judged the same.

So whether people agree or disagree with which ones should be counted as drops the stat still has the same relative meaning across the board.