Jags Owner Shad Khan Meets with players/coaches

Peter

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not an anti fan crusade at all.

You may want to take another look at the original post where I singled out the "Buffalo media." There was no mention of you or any other "fan."

The issue that I have is specifically with guys like Bucky who think that the Pegulas meddle. (Bucky seems to think that Kim should not have any responsibility other than choosing the drapes or something like that). That has been an issue both BEFORE and AFTER the meeting the Pegulas had with certain players a day or so before Rex decided to let Greg Roman go.

My view all along has been that, if you pay over a BILLION dollars for something, you have the absolute right to speak with your employees . . . with or without the coaches present and especially when the coaches have no issue with it.

Just my two cents.

Nice try. The big blowup occurred here on this board--not so much in the local media (who didn't break the story). You are clear as to who your target is. Just own up to it.

Nice try. The big blowup occurred here on this board--not so much in the local media (who didn't break the story). You are clear as to who your target is. Just own up to it.

Thanks for your contribution Bucky.

P.S. It is ironic that you would use the word "crusade" in your earlier post in this thread. Hmmmm.

Edited by Peter

bortles had a pretty good year last year too. threw some picks but i thought he was taking the step to being their guy. now he's awful again.

The Jags have struggled running the ball which am sure hurts Blake or maybe it's because he's in his second season under Nathaniel Hackett as his coach. Tough to say but even last year a lot of his numbers were inflated because in garbage time as his completion percentage and sack numbers were still sub par last year.

Is this what you confabulated your post from?

“Some people have become wary of Kim Pegula. According to several current employees, Kim runs the Sabres while Terry is behind the scenes. Their basic message, added up: Terry is a good man but naïve; Kim has a controlling personality and is not as sweet as she comes across.”

Again, nice try.

“Some people have become wary of Kim Pegula. According to several current employees, Kim runs the Sabres while Terry is behind the scenes. Their basic message, added up: Terry is a good man but naïve; Kim has a controlling personality and is not as sweet as she comes across.”

Again, nice try.

Have you seen the Entourage movie?

There is a scene where Ari flies in a helicopter and meets the various members of the board etc. and confronts Travis McCredle:

Ari Gold: Come on, Travis. You mean to tell me you didn't wait outside her house, after she told you goodnight, just to see if Vince showed up?

Travis McCredle: He f*@%ing snuck in there after me. I put in a whole night.

Ari Gold: Wow, I wasn't 100% sure I was right.

I am beginning to fee like Ari Gold and more convinced that I may be correct that you are Bucky or someone that works at TBN or in the media.

Have you seen the Entourage movie?

There is a scene where Ari flies in a helicopter and meets the various members of the board etc. and confronts Travis McCredle:

Ari Gold: Come on, Travis. You mean to tell me you didn't wait outside her house, after she told you goodnight, just to see if Vince showed up?

Travis McCredle: He f*@%ing snuck in there after me. I put in a whole night.

Ari Gold: Wow, I wasn't 100% sure I was right.

I am beginning to fee like Ari Gold and more convinced that I may be correct that you are Bucky or someone that works at TBN or in the media.

Yes...because your points are so well presented and referenced, only a member of the local media could quibble with their accuracy and righteousness.

You got me. My secret a secret no more...

Bortles is the problem

Some talk on Sirius today about David Caldwell and how he needs to own the Bortles pick and how that ain't good for him.

Just interesting in that there were several on TBD that were pulling for Caldwell to get the Bills GM job (he IS from Buffalo, so must be awesome)...

SHHHHH!

That sort of nuanced thinking is not welcome around these parts!

Keep it black and white simple or you will confuse.

Given that you and WEO do not appear to have read the original post, let me provide you the exact quotes:

Jags Owner Shad Khan met with players and coaches to find out what was going on with the team that he spent millions of dollars on."

http://profootballta...rs-and-coaches/

http://www.news4jax....s-seeks-answers

The horror.

After reading all of the fall out from the Buffalo media in reaction to the Pegulas meeting with certain players, I thought that there must have been some international law that prohibited this.

A prerequisite to commenting on nuance is reading comprehension.

Once you get to nuance, you should realize that the point that I was making was in reference to complaints by members of the esteemed Buffalo media that the Pegulas are meddling owners.

Edited by Peter

Given that you and WEO do not appear to have read the original post, let me provide you the exact quotes:

Once you get to nuance, you should realize that the point that I was making was in reference to complaints by members of the esteemed Buffalo media that the Pegulas are meddling owners.

You still don't see the difference between what the Pegulas did and what Kahn did? It's a basic difference. A contrast, really.

And no, no one saw the Entourage movie.

Did you comprehend the part about Khan meeting with the coaches as well?

The crux of the matter with the Bills was the initial [apparently wrong] suggestion that Pegula met with players behind the back of coaching to see what was wrong, and then fired the OC as a result of those meetings.

When everyone is included, it's different.

Again, nice try.

There was an article from about 3 yrs ago where Gleason was miffed that Kim was getting involved in running the Sabres