Lets clear up some minsconceptions about this offense

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep crusading

And the auto-response when backed into a corner. Thanks

Am i soley blaming Tyrod for the loss, no I am not. But unlike some here I will not give him a free pass either, he has blame here

Edited by MAJBobby

Man, I thought you dudes kissed and made up the other day....sigh....

I think my delivery is OK. I am not upset, and think we both are being civil, just some jabbing is all

LOL I have made it my mission to try and get John to at least say ONE thing Tyrod does wrong is all, failing though and going down in flames, I will give him this is support is like a rock

Edited by MAJBobby

I'm pointing to the drive charts as clear and present evidence that the offense did not do enough to win. It's not total stats, it's a visualization of how the game progressed. Nobody has pointed to anything to show that--in the games Buffalo has lost--Tyrod was good enough. This goes all the way back to last year.

I dont disagree with you completely. But lets also be 100% fair in that image you mention. If we want to talk about progression of a game. The Bills strike for a bomb and go up with momentum and hopefully begin to set the wheels in motion for a win. What happened to that momentum the very next possession? The Dolphins drove it down and answered with their own TD. All momentum gone.

We even had someone post on this very board saying that the score to Goodwin was too fast. We have to apologize for scoring too fast as well?

And why has this entire thread swung back to TT. The thread was about the OFFENSE. A lot of things went wrong with the offense vs Miami besides TT.

I think my delivery is OK. I am not upset, and think we both ate being civil, just some jabbing is all

LOL I have made it my mission to try and get John to at least say ONE think Tyrod does wrong is all, failing though and going down in flames, I will give him this is support is like a rock

:lol:

I dont disagree with you completely. But lets also be 100% fair in that image you mention. If we want to talk about progression of a game. The Bills strike for a bomb and go up with momentum and hopefully begin to set the wheels in motion for a win. What happened to that momentum the very next possession? The Dolphins drove it down and answered with their own TD. All momentum gone.

We even had someone post on this very board saying that the score to Goodwin was too fast. We have to apologize for scoring too fast as well?

And why has this entire thread swung back to TT. The thread was about the OFFENSE. A lot of things went wrong with the offense vs Miami besides TT.

No thats really because momentum in sports is not a real thing actually. I agree though the Defense should have manned up and made a stop. However they didnt, so complimentary football, help them out offense, they have you at many points in the season.

So the fact that the Bills defense couldn't stop Miami's run game most of the day has nothing to do with the 37 minute time of possession Miami had in that game apparently?

According to Bobby it is simply due to the 3 and outs in the Bills second half. Just because of those 3 and outs, the Bills "offense" not "defense" gave up the game winning points. Gotcha?

I guess you are right about that. I can't believe I ever called it into question. Forgive me.

The 3 and outs were a factor in the game, not the majority factor though. If you can't see that, then there is no hope for you.....

Are you referring to the Miami game? Or do you mean in general?

Miami Game.

So the fact that the Bills defense couldn't stop Miami's run game most of the day has nothing to do with the 37 minute time of possession Miami had in that game apparently?

According to Bobby it is simply due to the 3 and outs in the Bills second half. Just because of those 3 and outs, the Bills "offense" not "defense" gave up the game winning points. Gotcha?

I guess you are right about that. I can't believe I ever called it into question. Forgive me.

The 3 and outs were a factor in the game, not the majority factor though. If you can't see that, then there is no hope for you.....

Did I say that. GO back look I said the defense deserves blame however the offense gets its share too. I swear people only read what they want

I hear you. But it was a one play drive after the defense had been on the field for five then three plays. It's fair to say going back out for a third possession after the offense had only run seven plays to that point in the half is consistent within this context.

I thought the game was over when Goodwin scored. So I won't say that any TD is the wrong play. The above serves only to answer your question.

To your latter point, you're right, it's not ALL about TT. I don't know why they went away from the run game. They deserve some measure of critique for that. But saying that offense is run or perish does, then, put the onus back to TT.

What? NO.

Well, again: poor run defense gave up 6 points through 2.5 quarters.

What happened in the last 1.5 that changed suddenly? The answer is simple: they were !@#$ing gassed because the offense wasn't ever on the field.

Then the wheels came off. In that sense it WAS the majority factor. Until they got gassed they were keeping points off the board.

How's that for hope?

Miami Game.

There weren't 6 three and outs in the game, let alone 6 "when the game was on the line."

And, 2 of those three and outs there were questionable play calls. Particularly the direct snap to Mike G, where zero OLinemen decide to block. The 3rd and 1 call to Felton is also pretty questionable. Double TE set, bring everyone into the middle of the field and then run up the middle? Stupid.

Not trying to defend TT or let him off the hook, he had a horrible 3 and out at the end of the 3rd/start of the 4th.

No thats really because momentum in sports is not a real thing actually. I agree though the Defense should have manned up and made a stop. However they didnt, so complimentary football, help them out offense, they have you at many points in the season.

Im not going to debate the scientific/subjecive nature of momentum with you. Fact: when we hit goodwin with that bomb to go ahead my a wider margin that crowd was dead silent. Fact: when miami came back and drove it down the field with a TD the crowd was going nuts.

There weren't 6 three and outs in the game, let alone 6 "when the game was on the line."

And, 2 of those three and outs there were questionable play calls. Particularly the direct snap to Mike G, where zero OLinemen decide to block. The 3rd and 1 call to Felton is also pretty questionable. Double TE set, bring everyone into the middle of the field and then run up the middle? Stupid.

Not trying to defend TT or let him off the hook, he had a horrible 3 and out at the end of the 3rd/start of the 4th.

Sorry there was 5 three and outs and one 6 and out, when the game was still tight and in question.

4 game streak says different

As always, I respect your positive outlook. But I don't know why you can't see our lack of a passing attack isn't a major problem.

A slightly below average passing attack gets us the Baltimore game where the defense played great. Not going 3 and out repeatedly in the 2nd half keeps the D fresh and probably gets us a W in Miami.

The standards are different for Tyrod. He is viewed as a franchise qb. Being second last in passing yards per game is not franchise qb material, no matter how man excuses fans make for him.

Im not going to debate the scientific/subjecive nature of momentum with you. Fact: when we hit goodwin with that bomb to go ahead my a wider margin that crowd was dead silent. Fact: when miami came back and drove it down the field with a TD the crowd was going nuts.

I know this I get it. I like bust chops though on momentum, I do it with anyone that mentions that word in reference to sports with me, because it is fund trying them to define to me how it is measurable and such. Because to me that is an announcer and coach thing. Well get got the momentum lets get this. Really coach what is momentum for us.

Edited by MAJBobby