24: Legacy - starts after the Super Bowl

Just Jack

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone still watching?

I am but eh. They are using the same ol' plot devices, super goofy storylines (Carter's wife is the new Kim, quarreling gay coworkers, evil dad, etc.) and Islamic terrorists yet again.

If this show takes place after all the Jack Bauer mayhem, consider all the nerve gas, atomic weapons detonated on American soil (at least two), and the numerous Presidents killed or arrested in Jack's time and you're going to have to do better than a truck bomb on a bridge by the hot little number in a van.

I am but eh. They are using the same ol' plot devices, super goofy storylines (Carter's wife is the new Kim, quarreling gay coworkers, evil dad, etc.) and Islamic terrorists yet again.

If this show takes place after all the Jack Bauer mayhem, consider all the nerve gas, atomic weapons detonated on American soil (at least two), and the numerous Presidents killed or arrested in Jack's time and you're going to have to do better than a truck bomb on a bridge by the hot little number in a van.

I feel pretty much the same way. I watch, but I don't particularly look forward to it. They've pretty much done everything already. The only thing that could save it in my mind is Jack Bauer.

I feel pretty much the same way. I watch, but I don't particularly look forward to it. They've pretty much done everything already. The only thing that could save it in my mind is Jack Bauer.

I think the biggest misstep to the Legacy series is that they didn't create a unique universe for the show that referenced all the stuff that happened in the original series.

In a world where you had all that death and destruction and only one POTUS that served a full term, there's a lot of room for story.

Shows that do create a unique "setting" (Person of Interest, The Man in the High Castle, Scandal, Designated Survivor, the Expanse, etc.) allows you to create fresh material.

I think the biggest misstep to the Legacy series is that they didn't create a unique universe for the show that referenced all the stuff that happened in the original series.

In a world where you had all that death and destruction and only one POTUS that served a full term, there's a lot of room for story.

Shows that do create a unique "setting" (Person of Interest, The Man in the High Castle, Scandal, Designated Survivor, the Expanse, etc.) allows you to create fresh material.

Good call. :beer:

• 1 month later...