24: Legacy - starts after the Super Bowl

Just Jack

I don't know what it is, but that guy is not a very badass looking Jack Bauer replacement.

He was really great in Straight out of Compton as Dre though. I thought the whole film was excellent but Hawkins stood out to me... that said, I agree. I loved the original series, even though the last few seasons were comically bad in spots, but I had hoped Hawkins was going to do more serious/prestigious film work before taking the lead of a series like 24 which can be limiting down the line if it's in any way successful.

I don't know what it is, but that guy is not a very badass looking Jack Bauer replacement.

Jack Bauer was the only guy who successfully carried around a man purse -- but only because it was filled with firearms, knives, communication devices and grenades.

Jack Bauer was the only guy who successfully carried around a man purse -- but only because it was filled with firearms, knives, communication devices and grenades.

24 was ahead of its time as it shaped future shows. It was a big deal to have a movie star do a tv show. Today it's the norm. The split screens, each show is an hour in Jack's day, the movie-like production, the violence... Without 24, I don't think you get shows like the Shield, Sons of Anarchy, Lost, etc.

All novel things in 2001 television.

Dr Dre. For the record though, who would have thought that Kiefer Sutherland would be a good badass either.

Mr CGF is watching "Designated Survivor" with Kiefer Sutherland and is enjoying the series.

I agree. Great show so far.

Dr Dre. For the record though, who would have thought that Kiefer Sutherland would be a good badass either.

I guess so. Basically what I need to happen is for this guy to yell out "get me a hacksaw" after going vampire on some guy's neck and all will quickly be forgiven.

• 3 months later...

So what does everyone think so far? I'm finding it hard to get into it so far since we have absolutely no attachment to any of these characters. Maybe Tony will change that, but they really screwed up by going with a completely original cast. And no, having someone be a distant relative of Edgar doesn't count. No one cared about him anyway.

remake on the cheap

Cheap? The end of E1 couldn't have been cheap.

Otherwise, I will stick with it for a few episodes, now that I have seen the first two. If it doesn't really start to pick up, I will not watch it anymore. For me it's more of a nostalgia thing.

Also, is anyone else annoyed by the fact that the timer is on the 12 hour clock, not 24 hour (its 1PM, and the show say 01:00:00)

What does "Legacy" mean?

It's what you call unoriginal TV shows/movies if it hasn't been long enough to call them "Rebooted".

I watched the first episode because I sure as !@#$ wasn't going to watch the SB post-game. Standard TV junk food. His wife is kinda hot.

But has every single season of 24 involved a mole in CTU? I mean at some point wouldn't you think they'd improve their background screening process?

Edited by KD in CA