Gilmore and Darby have been awful this year

Yeezus

If it wasn't for our Safety play being much better this season (thanks to Ed Reed and a healthy AW) our secondary would be pretty bad as a unit.

Both our starting CB's have actually been one of the weakest links on our defense. who would have thought, when they were supposed to be the strongest. Gilmore has been flat out horrible for a few weeks now. I don't ever see him making a play on the ball. Don't even count those INT's against the Cardinals where Palmer threw the ball right to him. He is also the worst tackler on the team by far, this guy can't wrap anyone up to save his life

Darby has been a huge disappointment. He is getting burned almost every week on a play and seems out of position to make a play on the ball as well.

Not sure if its the scheme or what but our CB's are really hurting us. Playing 4 bad QB's in a row helped ease the pain but they will really be put to the test against Brady, Wilson and Palmer in these next 3 weeks.

Edited by Yeezus

Our DB's do their job well when we get pressure. The Dolphins were running well yesterday and it made it more difficult to rush the passer. It's a vicious cycle, but I think the game was lost in the trenches on Sunday, not in the air. The Jets game is maybe the only time in the last 10+ games where you can blame the secondary.

I will say that Gilmore's worst skill is tracking the ball in air, and that's probably the most frustrating thing to see an athlete screw up over and over.

If it wasn't for our Safety play being much better this season (thanks to Ed Reed and a healthy AW) our secondary would be pretty bad as a unit.

Both our starting CB's have actually been one of the weakest links on our defense. who would have thought, when they were supposed to be the strongest. Gilmore has been flat out horrible for a few weeks now. I don't ever see him making a play on the ball. Don't even count those INT's against the Cardinals where Palmer threw the ball right to him. He is also the worst tackler on the team by far, this guy can't wrap anyone up to save his life

Darby has been a huge disappointment. He is getting burned almost every week on a play and seems out of position to make a play on the ball as well.

Not sure if its the scheme or what but our CB's are really hurting us. Playing 4 bad QB's in a row helped ease the pain but they will really be put to the test against Brady, Wilson and Palmer in these next 3 weeks.

Nice troll attempt. Think and say what you want about those corners. I will say this. Teams would line up for either of those guys. Are they perfect? Well yesterday they had no help period. Darby like all NFL players has his faults. He is far from a "huge disappointment".

I'll say this: Darby shouldn't have had to chase Jay Ajayi all the way down the field to save a TD. It's a team sport. Darby made some mistakes, sure, but Gilmore had a pretty good game and I think the front seven's inability to stop the run ends up hurting Our pass D and it all falls apart.

What the hell. Why is it people think just because they are not a top 5 talent at their position that they are not great players? Gilmore and Darby are solid NFL starters. Gilmore will get paid more than heis worth just like Levitre, Byrd, and Spiller were. It is just a fact that he is very very good and better than most of the other 63 starting CBs in this league.

And in this league even the very best CBs get beat. Stevie Johnson beat Revis. Marshall beat Sherman. It happens every week. And when you can rush for over 200 yards it makes it that much easier to pass.