Disappointing day, but after careful consideration...

eball

All yesterday proved to me is that while I like the defensive design, we do need more talent long term at both LB and DL. Now maybe we already have that with Dareus, Ragland, and Lawson coming back full strength next year.

Offensively, this team needs to figure out some semblance of short possession passing game that they can go to when the run game is not working. This is not college football in the 70s and 80s. Good defenses will stop your running game and the deep ball is only good for 6 points a game.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He does though. 2-7 in his career when tied or down a score in the 4th

I think Taylor is still basically a rookie! How many games has he started? It's still too early to dismiss him, it's not like he's EJ Manual losing whenever he starts! I'd like to see Taylor's accuracy get better. There were a few plays on Sunday when I swear he was throwing for the Orange Bowl.

Go Bills!!!

Just to recap, the point of this thread isn't to rehash why the Bills lost yesterday -- it's to discuss my observation that there are no great teams and it truly is an "any given Sunday" league.

I agree with this, for the most part.

But let's be honest, the Bills aren't even close to being a "good," team and one major contributing factor is that our starting quarterback sucks.

I'm tired (not directed at you, personally, eball) of the sugar-coating, bullschit excuses, week after week. Every team has injuries. The Bills ... and Tyrod Taylor ... simply suck.

I agree with this, for the most part.

But let's be honest, the Bills aren't even close to being a "good," team and one major contributing factor is that our starting quarterback sucks.

I'm tired (not directed at you, personally, eball) of the sugar-coating, bullschit excuses, week after week. Every team has injuries. The Bills ... and Tyrod Taylor ... simply suck.

I wouldn't say that they suck. They are a pretty average NFL team top to bottom . The Browns suck....

I think Taylor is still basically a rookie! How many games has he started? It's still too early to dismiss him, it's not like he's EJ Manual losing whenever he starts! I'd like to see Taylor's accuracy get better. There were a few plays on Sunday when I swear he was throwing for the Orange Bowl.

Go Bills!!!

Many experts say you need 18 games to evaluate a QB. Taylor is probably right around that number now. What you see is what you get. I don't think he will ever be much different than he is now.

I agree with most of OP:

• The D was gassed - because of missed tackles and the Offense's inability to sustain possession.
  • Even when the O scored the long TD - they were on the field for only 1-2 plays. Then the D had to go right back out there and the fish walked down and scored one of their TD's.
  • Not having Dareus really hurt - especially for plugging the middle and being in the rotation.
  • McCoy should never have played. He is great - plays downhill and 2 gears higher than everyone else. Everyone could tell he was missing 4th-5th gear the first time he ran wide. They should have said OK, we tried, he's not himself - sit 'em! He had 8-9 carries - wasted plays.
  • The margin between avg-great in this league is minuscule as detailed by others in this thread. I believe Rex is the kind of coach that can help a team over-achieve - using emotion to overcome the slight differences in talent between our team and opponents.

Looking forward to guys getting healthy and contributing. I think we have a 35-40% chance of beating the Pats and a 40-45% chance with the Hawks.

Go Bills!!!

So Taylor is basically a rookie because he hasn't started that many games, but EJ is bad eventhough he started less games. I get it

Mike Rodak Verified account 

‏@mikerodak

Tyrod Taylor’s Total QBR:

Quarters 1-3: 75.3 (5th in NFL)

Quarter 4: 24.9 (29th in NFL)