My 10 cents on the game

BmarvB

Sorry I'm late this time. Tired myself out cussin :censored:

1) Well that sucked, but then again we all know they're good for blowing at least 2 games a year against an opponent they're supposed to beat. The Dolphins deserved to win this because they won in the trenches, and were able to run and stop the run. The Bills deserved to lose because they lost in the trenches and couldn't run or stop ONE BACK from running all over them. We'll even the score when they come here for the rematch.

2) Quite a few holding calls missed by the refs even though they did catch some of them.

3) The way TT escapes pressure to make something out of nothing is incredible. Dolphins should have had twice as many sacks. And it's good to see he's starting to take a shot down the middle of the field once in a while but he still needs to attack it more and deeper. He doesn't have to be a HOF level QB for us to win. He just needs to be efficient and keep working to improve his game. TD drive to bring us to within a FG late in the 4th shows he's capable of producing a scoring drive in those late game situations despite his obvious faults (still missing open receivers).

4) Landry's blindside hit on A Williams was unnecessary and dangerous. He launched himself into him. I would have the same opinion if it were a Bills player doing that to one of the Dolphins. I hope AW is going to be OK, and that hit should cost Landry some money in fines.

5) Well at least the special teams unit came to play. They were by far our best unit on the field. Waiting patiently for Tate to break a return for a TD.

6) Hi Shaq. Welcome aboard. Can't expect much from you right now with no training camp and only about a week of practice. Got a lot of catching up to do.

7) Deep strike to Goodwin long overdue. Need to see more of that before he gets knocked out for the season. That last throw to him was late, too high and exposed him to a knockout shot.

8) Bad decision to play Shady with his hammy bothering him. This is where the next back up has to step up and carry some of the load while he gets back to 100%. Gillislee could have handled it (except for that god ugly direct snap that lost 10 yards). A couple of well executed screen passes would have slowed down their D-Line some and got them thinking more.

9) Run defense pathetic. Gave up way too much to Ajayi on the ground, and got run over by the backup on their next to last TD drive (get better and back on the field soon Dareus). How in the hell do you pin a team down in the shadow of their goalposts KNOWING who's going to get the handoff, and he still breaks a 50+ yard run out to midfield? Coverage against Landry not much better, then Stills burns them for the TD to put the game away. O-line also gets a fail here. TT under constant pressure, and not much opened up for the run game. They were the ones being bullied this week.

10) It's not the end of the world or the season yet so let's just relax and keep calm. We got the rematch with the Pats and then a trip to Seattle. Here's where I take a deep inhale and say that our boys are gonna upset one of them. Let's hope it happens this Sunday at home against the Pats to get us up to .500 in the division.

GO BILLS!!!!

I think one of the bigger issues here is that many over estimate the bills and who they should beat vs and underestimated how bad the phins are at the same time.

Phins have star power in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

It was funny how a number of posters advocated playing the second team and expected a stroll to an easy win.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I think one of the bigger issues here is that many over estimate the bills and who they should beat vs and underestimated how bad the phins are at the same time.

It was funny how a number of posters advocated playing the second team and expected a stroll to an easy win.

But they rarely do anything with it.

Truth is, we just got their best yesterday (Similar to the Jets game).

Yep. After the Patriots, the rest of the division is pretty much evenly matched. Can't just show up and win.

reggie bush 2016 season running stats.

7 carry's

6'yards total

1 td

He is completely out of gas. cut him.

he's essentially a slot receiver at this point. He made a nice play on a slant route early in the game, but we got away from that for whatever reason.

Also - thats an incredibly small sample size to gauge anything.

They came to play the last 2 weeks, and sleep walked through their first 5 games. When you have a motivated Suh and Mario, they are good players.

Edited by dneveu

I may agree, but these stats are hardly conclusive. Looking at this another way, his touchdown to carry ratio is 1 to 7, which is dynamite. These stats are irrelevant.

Let's see how he does with at least 1/2 game workload. That might give us a better assessment of where things stand with him.

reggie bush 2016 season running stats.

7 carry's

6'yards total

1 td

He is completely out of gas. cut him.

... and he didn't even really score! A gift from the refs.

I may agree, but these stats are hardly conclusive. Looking at this another way, his touchdown to carry ratio is 1 to 7, which is dynamite. These stats are irrelevant.

They're 1 to 7 if he actually scored--which he didn't, despite what the refs said ...

This 2016 team is predicated on being able to run the ball to win games, per Rex Ryan. Which was a big reason why he fired Greg Roman! This helps keep the defense fresh and on the bench and also allows a young, inexperienced QB to develop properly.

Needless to say that Tyrod Taylor was the Buffalo Bills leading rusher against Miami with 7 carries for 35 yards and one TD! Gillislee had only 5 carries for 20 yards all game which was a 4.0 YPC AVG. Why the team didn't run him more often is a big question.

#9) The Buffalo run defense was pathetic from the start to the finish and really stunk it up in the fourth quarter in giving up a 53-yard run to Ajayi and a 66-yard pass to Stills.

#10) this could be the end for Buffalo because if they don't even attempt to the run the ball with Gillislee it allows the defense on the field all game and wears them down. Plus, Taylor hasn't been able to win games with his arm so it's like the first two weeks of the season for the rest of the year!

Edited by Nihilarian

Of course, hindsight is 20/20.

This ^

Sorry I'm late this time. Tired myself out cussin :censored:

1) Well that sucked, but then again we all know they're good for blowing at least 2 games a year against an opponent they're supposed to beat. The Dolphins deserved to win this because they won in the trenches, and were able to run and stop the run. The Bills deserved to lose because they lost in the trenches and couldn't run or stop ONE BACK from running all over them. We'll even the score when they come here for the rematch.

2) Quite a few holding calls missed by the refs even though they did catch some of them.

3) The way TT escapes pressure to make something out of nothing is incredible. Dolphins should have had twice as many sacks. And it's good to see he's starting to take a shot down the middle of the field once in a while but he still needs to attack it more and deeper. He doesn't have to be a HOF level QB for us to win. He just needs to be efficient and keep working to improve his game. TD drive to bring us to within a FG late in the 4th shows he's capable of producing a scoring drive in those late game situations despite his obvious faults (still missing open receivers).

4) Landry's blindside hit on A Williams was unnecessary and dangerous. He launched himself into him. I would have the same opinion if it were a Bills player doing that to one of the Dolphins. I hope AW is going to be OK, and that hit should cost Landry some money in fines.

5) Well at least the special teams unit came to play. They were by far our best unit on the field. Waiting patiently for Tate to break a return for a TD.

6) Hi Shaq. Welcome aboard. Can't expect much from you right now with no training camp and only about a week of practice. Got a lot of catching up to do.

7) Deep strike to Goodwin long overdue. Need to see more of that before he gets knocked out for the season. That last throw to him was late, too high and exposed him to a knockout shot.

8) Bad decision to play Shady with his hammy bothering him. This is where the next back up has to step up and carry some of the load while he gets back to 100%. Gillislee could have handled it (except for that god ugly direct snap that lost 10 yards). A couple of well executed screen passes would have slowed down their D-Line some and got them thinking more.

9) Run defense pathetic. Gave up way too much to Ajayi on the ground, and got run over by the backup on their next to last TD drive (get better and back on the field soon Dareus). How in the hell do you pin a team down in the shadow of their goalposts KNOWING who's going to get the handoff, and he still breaks a 50+ yard run out to midfield? Coverage against Landry not much better, then Stills burns them for the TD to put the game away. O-line also gets a fail here. TT under constant pressure, and not much opened up for the run game. They were the ones being bullied this week.

10) It's not the end of the world or the season yet so let's just relax and keep calm. We got the rematch with the Pats and then a trip to Seattle. Here's where I take a deep inhale and say that our boys are gonna upset one of them. Let's hope it happens this Sunday at home against the Pats to get us up to .500 in the division.

GO BILLS!!!!

Thank you for your thoughtful post.