Bomb to Goodwin

OhDozeBills

Yeah, ideally we would have not had a bunch of three and outs on either side of that bomb, and this discussion wouldn't be happening :lol:

If the D had forced more than 1 three and out in the second half (or at least one in the final 21 minutes of play), this discussion wouldn't be happening.

Good god. Some people are actually defending the OP's train of thought here.

Hate to break it to you guys - The goal of the offense is to score on every single play that they can. The goal of the offense is not to play defense.

Dick Jauron would love you guys.

Think about your logic. If you are ever given an opportunity to score or run a play on offense that you think is likely of scoring - you run it especially on first or second down.

You do that because scoring always trumps time of possession except at the very end of the game in a very close game where you have the opportunity to run the clock out. Otherwise you are always better off scoring.

The whole idea of blaming the offense of scoring too fast is utterly ridiculous.

Yeah great play, but our D just got off the field and this was the first play of the drive. Anyone else feel like Miami would score on their next drive? I know I did. Not enough offensive plays and D was out there way too long. I guess you can't pass up a matchup opportunity but a long sustained drive there could of been the difference. Reminded me of Jet game. Quick strike but the D goes right back out there:

Our D had played 6 plays in the half to that point...

Please give it a rest. We had the matchup we wanted and took advantage of it.

Plays that actually made a difference:

1. Goodwin not catching the key 3rd down pass

2. Tyrod hanging a wide open Goodwin out to dry on another deep pass ... that one got Goodwin concussed.

3. The 53 yard run from the 2

4. The direct snap to Gillisee on the ten

5. The two DBs colliding on the game clinching underthrown deep pass for a TD.

Thank you for adding some sense to this thread :lol: