AT&T & Time Warner Agree to an $85B Deal

26CornerBlitz

I do as well. AT&T Remote? For what?

The remote control in family room works only sporadically. Have to push the button several times hoping it will take. Often delayed seconds in response. Odd stuff. My wife says I killed it with over-use. Had it replaced a couple times already, then more of the same. It would probably be fine, if I never used it.

The remote control in family room works only sporadically. Have to push the button several times hoping it will take. Often delayed seconds in response. Odd stuff. My wife says I killed it with over-use. Had it replaced a couple times already, then more of the same. It would probably be fine, if I never used it.

I use a Logitech harmony one universal remote for everything. Makes life so much easier.

I use a Logitech harmony one universal remote for everything. Makes life so much easier.

Thanks. I'll take a shot at anything to make it better! The kitchen and family room TV's are adjacent, but are a second off on sound, so there's a lot making me crazy! Edited by Augie

Shouldn't affect DTV at all.

I think this may start the transition of DirecTV from a satellite service into an online delivery platform

AT&T bought TWC for the physical infrastructure and utility market share.

AT&T bought DirecTV for their content, not their infrastructure.

AT&T is positioning themselves as competitors to Verizon FIOS and Playstation Vue

I think this may start the transition of DirecTV from a satellite service into an online delivery platform

AT&T is positioning themselves as competitors to Verizon FIOS and Playstation Vue

You're confusing companies. Time Warner Inc does not own Time Warner Cable. Cable was spun off a while ago and was just bought by Charter cable.

AT&T has the mobile DTV offering in the works that should launch very soon. Had nothing to do with the Time Warner deal.

AT&T bought DTV for the programming and better video delivery than what they had with uVerse. Don't know what TWX gives them for $85 bn.

Comcast voice remote is really good.

Comcast voice remote is really good.

My son has that in Nashville, and I fall in love every time I visit! (Sad commentary on my life, I know.) I can't get Comcast where we live in Atlanta or I'd be all over that.

You're confusing companies. Time Warner Inc does not own Time Warner Cable. Cable was spun off a while ago and was just bought by Charter cable.

AT&T has the mobile DTV offering in the works that should launch very soon. Had nothing to do with the Time Warner deal.

AT&T bought DTV for the programming and better video delivery than what they had with uVerse. Don't know what TWX gives them for $85 bn.

So what exactly does this Time Warner provide?

So what exactly does this Time Warner provide?

From BBC.com -

The biggest merger to be announced this year would combine AT&T's distribution network, which includes 130m mobile phone customers and 25m pay-TV subscribers, with content from the Warner Brothers film studios and the cable TV channels HBO, the Cartoon Network and CNN.

You're in "good" company with the confusion.

The four top Republicans and Democrats leading the Senate Judiciary Committee and its antitrust subcommittee accidentally invited Time Warner Cable’s former CEO Rob Marcus instead.

“Both Randall Stephenson, the CEO of AT&T, and Robert Marcus, the CEO of Time Warner, will testify,” the release said. The hearing announcement was sent by Sen. Chuck Grassley, Sen. Patrick Leahy, Sen. Mike Lee and Sen. Amy Klobuchar.

It’s far from the first time someone has confused the two companies.

Is it too much to ask our elected representatives and thousands of their support staff to spend 5 minutes to at least get their facts straight?