What sport shows do you listen to?

Mile High

I used to get the streamlink for Jim Rome's show a couple years ago, but only for one year.  I also used to get WGR a few years ago, until they stopped streaming and WNSA, until it went off.  At the present, I don't listen to any sports shows on the 'net.

251537[/snapback]

Best only on the net for most people is TK Stack money on wtem.com. If you liked him on ESPN, here is your chance to get him again. Lot of DC stuff, not national focus like when he was national, but it is cool to us old timers as he is back to his roots.

Not on the net, but my favorite show on the radio is Steve Czaban. Listen to him when I lived in DC, and could not be happier that he is now national in the morning.

Czeban is okay. I remember when I did listen to Jim Rome's show and he was subbing for Rome one day. He was talking about halftime shows for the conference championship games (I think it was the year the Ravens won the SB). He said you don't need a halftime show for a conference championship game, all you need is Tony Siragusa at midfield attempting to swallow a whole chicken.

The guy I like on Sundays is Scott Wetzel on Sporting News. Got me doing the "opposite" picks, and made me some money down the homestretch. RRich, if I recall correctly you are in Bmore. Any body good on the radio there. Drive through quite often, but usually just listen to the national feeds on XM

I listen to ESPN Radio often, prefer Mike and Mike and Sports Bash. The only really one I liked was Tony Kornheiser's show, but that's off the air now...

By the way wasn't the Sports Bash formerly "the Sports Brothers"? Why did they get rid of his brother? Anyone know?

251576[/snapback]

Dude look at my earlier post. TK Stack Money is Tony. go to wtem.com, he is on in the mornings from 9-1. BTW TK did the local gig for I think 6 years before going national, hence my quote of returning to his roots

I listen to ESPN Radio often, prefer Mike and Mike and Sports Bash. The only really one I liked was Tony Kornheiser's show, but that's off the air now...

By the way wasn't the Sports Bash formerly "the Sports Brothers"? Why did they get rid of his brother? Anyone know?

251576[/snapback]

It was the sports brothers not to long ago. I think I remember him saying that his brother was going on to do a solo gig. Ever see pictures of Amena his executive producer? Not bad.

RRich, if I recall correctly you are in Bmore. Any body good on the radio there. Drive through quite often, but usually just listen to the national feeds on XM

251578[/snapback]

Keep checking out the XM. They have some local jerks on ESPN Radio right after Mike & Mike, but they suck. They also have "Those Sports Guys" (I think that's what they call them), which is a blatant ripoff of the Sports Junkies (out of DC).

Mike & Madd Dogg are great when they're not talking baseball (which is too often, but that's NYC).

Nationally, I don't listen to anything like I used to. I remember when ESPN had Tony Bruno and Peter Brown - that was a great duo.

Does anybody remember the one-on-one radio network? I think they became Sporting News, but I'm not sure. Bob Kemp was great; I wonder what he's doing now.

Keep checking out the XM.  They have some local jerks on ESPN Radio right after Mike & Mike, but they suck.  They also have "Those Sports Guys" (I think that's what they call them), which is a blatant ripoff of the Sports Junkies (out of DC).

251597[/snapback]

THX

Mike & Madd Dogg are great when they're not talking baseball (which is too often, but that's NYC).

Nationally, I don't listen to anything like I used to.  I remember when ESPN had Tony Bruno and Peter Brown - that was a great duo.

Does anybody remember the one-on-one radio network?  I think they became Sporting News, but I'm not sure.  Bob Kemp was great; I wonder what he's doing now.

251606[/snapback]

Wow, I used to love hearing Bob Kemp overnights. He was a thorny prick at times, but I really appreciated the fact that his show was information driven.

Right now, I like Szaven, but since he changed to mornings, I can't listen any more. I also have really grown to like the "Third Shift" overnight show on FOX radio, with Jorge Sedano. They are pretty genuinely funny, not in that fake smooth, bland, FM morning show kind of way. Sedanos' producer, Brian Baker, is hilarious. There is lots of banter, and chat, but Sedano himself is very informative, and is sort of an "insider" in the Florida sports scene. He is very well versed in AFC East football. He is a Canes and Dolphins fan, but is very professional about it. Great show....they definitely take advantage of the "safe harbour" rules...strange though, he is in Miami when he does the show, but his side-kick, Karen Kay (she sounds hot, and knows sports!) and the others are all in Los Angeles...

I absolutely HATE JT the Brick (FOX), but really like his update guy, Tom Looney, a Buffalonian. I wish he had his own show....Also, Tod Wright, the overnight guy on ESPN is just brutal!

I used to listen to Papa Joe Chevalier but the station he was on up here went under.  Smart guy and always interesting.

Occasionally I listen to Rome, who is an excellent interviewer but the smack stuff has pretty much jumped the shark.

251728[/snapback]

Hey, I think Papa Joe is on Sporting News Radio. We don't get it here anymore over the airwaves, but I heard him and Arnie Spannier one day during the football season...I was under the impression that both had left, and come back to Sporting News Radio....with all the conglomerates, it is hard to keep track of what station is owned by which mega-conglomerate anymore....

You are right about Rome. I think he is really good as an interviewer, but his monolouges are so stinking repetitive, and his "smack the monkey" jive gives me a headache. I can only listen in small doses. I turn to Dan Patrick at that time. Not great, a little self absorbed, but mostly entertaining....