Who are the Top 5 QBs so far this Year??

PatsFanNH

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Tyrod Taylor

10000. Everyone else

But seriously, here's mine which would have probably included Wentz a few weeks ago but he's kind of stunk it up the last couple of games:

1. Dak Prescott

2. Matt Ryan

3. Matthew Stafford (not too many QBs lose their star receiver and still do well)

4. Derek Carr

5. Kirk Cousins (May be a reach here I feel like he's a big reason for their winning streak)

Brady has been great but hasn't quite played enough games and Ben has also done well but he is loaded with talent around him.

1. Tyrod Taylor

10000. Everyone else

But seriously, here's mine which would have probably included Wentz a few weeks ago but he's kind of stunk it up the last couple of games:

1. Dak Prescott

2. Matt Ryan

3. Matthew Stafford (not too many QBs lose their star receiver and still do well)

4. Derek Carr

5. Kirk Cousins (May be a reach here I feel like he's a big reason for their winning streak)

Brady has been great but hasn't quite played enough games and Ben has also done well but he is loaded with talent around him.

Im not sure how Brees is excluded on any list? He is 4th in yards but 1st in YPG (347) because he has already had his bye. He's 3rd in TDs (1st in TDs per game), 6th in rating. He is on pace for 5,552 yards (which would break the NFL record) and 45 TDs (6th all-time). He already has 5 of the top 10 yardage seasons in NFL history and is 3rd all-time in yards and TDs (ahead of Brady in both).

I know that I always bang the drum for him because I think that he is the most under appreciated and underrated player of this generation. He's on pace for one of the greatest seasons that a QB has ever had and some people don't have him in their top 5 or 6 this year.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Is it me or does QB play seem to be down this year? My top QBs that pass the eye test this year:

1. Matt Ryan

2. Big Ben

3. Sam Bradford

4. ??

I am hard pressed think of 5 QB who have started since week 1 that make you go "oh wow they are amazing, most are ok to God awful." I have not seen Wentz play so please fill it out who do you think are the top WBs and am I wrong thinking QB play seems to be down?

Convinced a rog is plagued with marginal receiveritis.

The throws are there and it's either drops, not getting the feet in or failing to beat the DB quite a bit.

The throws are tight to begin with because none of them seem to be able to separate.

Im not sure how Brees is excluded on any list? He is 4th in yards but 1st in YPG (347) because he has already had his bye. He's 3rd in TDs (1st in TDs per game), 6th in rating. He is on pace for 5,552 yards (which would break the NFL record) and 45 TDs (6th all-time). He already has 5 of the top 10 yardage seasons in NFL history and is 3rd all-time in yards and TDs (ahead of Brady in both).

I know that I always bang the drum for him because I think that he is the most under appreciated and underrated player of this generation. He's on pace for one of the greatest seasons that a QB has ever had and some people don't have him in their top 5 or 6 this year.

You know what, I stand corrected, you are right, not sure why I didn't include Brees. In fact, I absolutely agree that he is highly under-appreciated seeing as how he has never had anything more than average receivers to throw to and sub-par to crappy defenses which has forced him to constantly make plays. A lot of people put Ben ahead of him and that's just something I don't agree with seeing as Ben has usually had good receivers to throw to and at one point he had some great defenses.

I'll put Brees at #2 on my list and bump everyone else down one.

You know what, I stand corrected, you are right, not sure why I didn't include Brees. In fact, I absolutely agree that he is highly under-appreciated seeing as how he has never had anything more than average receivers to throw to and sub-par to crappy defenses which has forced him to constantly make plays. A lot of people put Ben ahead of him and that's just something I don't agree with seeing as Ben has usually had good receivers to throw to and at one point he had some great defenses.

I'll put Brees at #2 on my list and bump everyone else down one.

Ha ha, I didn't mean to come at you on it but I feel a need to defend him. I live in NOLA but am indifferent on the Saints. I have a friend here (Steelers fan) but we always clash. Nationally, he gets nowhere near the respect that he deserves because he's kind of boring. He is an amazing player though. I believe that he has ALREADY had a better career than Marino (as an example). I know that the game has changed but he's but up similar, dominating stats, plus a Super Bowl. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Is it me or does QB play seem to be down this year? My top QBs that pass the eye test this year:

1. Matt Ryan

2. Big Ben

3. Sam Bradford

4. ??

I am hard pressed think of 5 QB who have started since week 1 that make you go "oh wow they are amazing, most are ok to God awful." I have not seen Wentz play so please fill it out who do you think are the top WBs and am I wrong thinking QB play seems to be down?

Roethlesberger looked terrible last week against the Dolphins and got hurt in the process

Haha. He wants us to say:

1) brady

2) garapalo

3) Brisett

4) edeleman

5) ghost of Steve grogan

:lol::lol:

Carr.

Dak Prescott not looking bad, either

Tony Eason :nana:

Yep. Cowboys won the QB lottery. Cant wait to see Dak vs Wentz! Thats gonna be a good one! Dak and Zeke saved the Cowboys season.

Tyrod

Tyrod

Tyrod

Tyrod

And Tyrod

He throws fire

Yes this!

Where do we rank Tyrod? He's 15 in Rating and 9 in QBR but hasn't thrown the ball a lot. He has accomplished what I had hoped though (3rd down conversions, red zone conversions and minimal turnovers). I said at the beginning of the year that he is kind of a rich man's Alex Smith and I am sticking by that. I have him around the middle of the league so far. It's kind of where I had him last year.

In terms of a comparison of his value I keep thinking of Matt Schaub in Houston. I don't even think that it makes sense but it is what always pops in my mind. For the system that the Bills play he is the perfect guy because of his style.

Where do we rank Tyrod? He's 15 in Rating and 9 in QBR but hasn't thrown the ball a lot. He has accomplished what I had hoped though (3rd down conversions, red zone conversions and minimal turnovers). I said at the beginning of the year that he is kind of a rich man's Alex Smith and I am sticking by that. I have him around the middle of the league so far. It's kind of where I had him last year.

In terms of a comparison of his value I keep thinking of Matt Schaub in Houston. I don't even think that it makes sense but it is what always pops in my mind. For the system that the Bills play he is the perfect guy because of his style.

I agree...very valuable to us because he doesn't turn the ball over and makes a handful of big plays every week on his own.

I'm still concerned about his seeming inability to lead us on game winning drives late in the 4th tho...he hasn't been good at it since he's been here and it seems we only win when we get up and stay up after the 3rd quarter...

That being said, we score points with him...a lot of points, so even though we don't put up huge yardage totals we get more out of him than we think...

With all due respect Kirby, I think you are a little too high on Tyrod. If anything Alex Smith is the rich man's Tyrod.

Tyrod is probably 20th. His best skill is not turning the ball over. I feel like a lot of starting Qbs would thrive in our situation. Dak Prescott hasn't had Dez and is a much better passer as a rookie.

The Miami game would be a good time to see if Tyrod is actually able to be a franchise type qb.

1. Matt Ryan

2. Big Ben

3. Sam Bradford

4. ??

Brady => #1

Edited by CSBill