Walking Dead S7

4merper4mer

On 4/9/2018 at 10:44 AM, DC Tom said:

It's like watching a football game.

My favorites are the ones for Talking Dead, which are basically commercials for a commercial.

Walker Simon was the highlight of the episode.  The actor's "rabid pit bull" interpretation was awesome.

Thank you for those who helped me with my fire stick issue

ps.....firestick cuts out all the commercials

I dont know about you guys.....but I have really grown to hate Eugene

8 hours ago, Azalin said:

When you record a TV show, do you not still get the commercials?

You do, but you use the fast forward button to rush past them. 

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Thank you for those who helped me with my fire stick issue

ps.....firestick cuts out all the commercials

I dont know about you guys.....but I have really grown to hate Eugene

The mullet needs to be caged with a walker and no weapons 

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You do, but you use the fast forward button to rush past them. 

No offense, but DUH!

I only said that there were a lot of commercials, not that I sat through them all.

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Azalin said:

No offense, but DUH!

I only said that there were a lot of commercials, not that I sat through them all.

:lol:

It’s the FWD button and not the DUH button    :D

Yes.  It is still a pita to FFWD through them all.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

It’s the FWD button and not the DUH button    :D

Yes.  It is still a pita to FFWD through them all.  

Perhaps context will better illuminate: I had recorded the show while out enjoying margaritas. Upon returning home I cued up the recording and dug into a pile of smoked pork ribs. It seemed like I was wiping grease from my hands every 2 minutes just to forward through all the ads.

But there probably IS a "duh button" on my remote, if the choice of shows on at any given time is any indication. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Azalin said:

But there probably IS a "duh button" on my remote, if the choice of shows on at any given time is any indication. :lol:

Mine's programmable.  It's set to record Fear The Walking Dead.

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It's just 10 minutes of Kum-ba-yah.

I was hoping it was enough time for at least something interesting. It cut out immediately after “save him”.

edit: but at least we got the walking deadpool

Edited by shrader

Above average finale.  I am happy they *sorta kinda* kept it on the same track as the books.

All that Oceanside plot work for 20 seconds in the finale?  I thought that the Oceanside introduction there took away from the Saviors redemption with Tara.  

Before Season 8 began, Maria Bellow was cast to appear and she never did, as far as I know.  Interesting.  I suppose between her, Jayne Atkinson's character Georgie, the helicopter and the miles long group of walkers, the world will be bigger come Season 9.  

11 hours ago, shrader said:

10 minutes left and the big storm here finally knocks out my signal. 

the storm mucked up Morgans crossover for me.  

3 hours ago, westside said:

Was that the season finale?

Yes.  

11 hours ago, shrader said:

10 minutes left and the big storm here finally knocks out my signal. 

11 hours ago, DC Tom said:

It's just 10 minutes of Kum-ba-yah.

well....  Unless he missed the Maggie, Jesus and Daryl meeting ......   the enemy within.....  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

well....  Unless he missed the Maggie, Jesus and Daryl meeting ......   the enemy within.....  

I can see Maggie and Daryl wanting Negan dead, but why would Jesus go along with it, he has been the people don't need to die guy.

They had a chance to clear out some of the glut of characters, but if I'm tallying this up correctly in my mind, we only lost one main character this entire season.  I'm not going to count Simon even though he was one of the better characters on the show since he was still nothing more than a more developed red shirt.  You have a show where they like to claim that no one is safe, then you add in a war.  Somehow that equals killing absolutely no one of value?

8 minutes ago, Gary M said:

I can see Maggie and Daryl wanting Negan dead, but why would Jesus go along with it, he has been the people don't need to die guy.

I agree.  

that was the confusing part..  

2 minutes ago, shrader said:

They had a chance to clear out some of the glut of characters, but if I'm tallying this up correctly in my mind, we only lost one main character this entire season.  I'm not going to count Simon even though he was one of the better characters on the show since he was still nothing more than a more developed red shirt.  You have a show where they like to claim that no one is safe, then you add in a war.  Somehow that equals killing absolutely no one of value?

if you are featured in over 50 % of the groups filming (segment shootings), then imo you are a close enough to being a "main" character".

Simon definitely, Dwight, Eugene, Preacher, Longhair that got are in the bar, the bald savior with the tats another.

the list goes on 

3 hours ago, shrader said:

One main character, and the entire Kingdom.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

One main character, and the entire Kingdom.

Ha, en entire community of red shirts.  Did anyone beyond Ezikiel, Jerry, the kid, and the farmer woman even get a name at any point?  I know there's also the other woman in the hockey pads who is still out there fighting, but I don't have the slightest clue what her name is.

Oh, but I will say it is now 2 main characters who died this year.  Forgot about Shiva.  She got way more character development than anyone who was killed last night.