Walking Dead S7

4merper4mer

Finally caught up on this season last night with episodes 3 and 4.  The show has jumped the shark, big time.  I'm pissed because I've invested too much time in it to quit, but my wife and I were laughing at the ridiculousness of where they've taken things.

Just terrible.

46 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Meh show last night.  

Hard to believe the "splinters" in the groups will come to anything.

As soon as I saw the gas leaking I knew they wouldn't get the big guns.  

The Rev looked ill in Room #2.  Did he get bit? 

Whats with the Helicopter? 

I have no idea how he was able to look so sick, but he's got to be acting so that he can escape with the doctor.

The helicopter was an odd thing to throw in there.  It almost felt like another hallucination to me.

Last season there was a flying object shown behind Rick when he was at the junk yard.  Most thought it was a mistake by the editors, but maybe it was intentional  The thing that really stuck out to me was that Rick didn't seem all that surprised.  Could the junk yard gang have a chopper?

3 hours ago, ricojes said:

Last season there was a flying object shown behind Rick when he was at the junk yard.  Most thought it was a mistake by the editors, but maybe it was intentional  The thing that really stuck out to me was that Rick didn't seem all that surprised.  Could the junk yard gang have a chopper?

I'm sure Negan wouldn't allow it.  He'd want that toy all to himself. 

Air superiority rules the day

This reveal of the crossover to Fear makes no sense. The only way it works is if that show has actually caught up in the timeline to the main show. Either way, it feels like a major spoiler for the rest of this season. 

Edited by shrader

2 hours ago, shrader said:

This reveal of the crossover to Fear makes no sense. The only way it works is if that show has actually caught up in the timeline to the main show. Either way, it feels like a major spoiler for the rest of this season. 

The only plus as I see it is that I may get to run into Lennie James somewhere here in town. What a great actor he is. I hope he'll be back on the original series - Morgan is one of the best acted and most compelling characters in the show.

I had no idea that any filming for "Fear" was done here in Austin.

7 hours ago, Azalin said:

The only plus as I see it is that I may get to run into Lennie James somewhere here in town. What a great actor he is. I hope he'll be back on the original series - Morgan is one of the best acted and most compelling characters in the show.

I had no idea that any filming for "Fear" was done here in Austin.

It is good to see one of the better actors they have staying on, but it's going to have to be one hell of a head scratcher that keeps him around.  Maybe we're in store for a big time jump in Fear.  That would be an odd way to follow up the cliff hanger ending they had though.  It's going to take a good amount of time for Morgan to get from DC to Texas.  How far can a helicopter fly on a single tank of gas?

As for the filming in Austin, I bet it would be fun to run into that randomly one day.  I would never be one of those people who stalk those filmings looking for spoilers, but one day with a zombie horde could be amazing.

44 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The timeline doesn't make any sense to me either.

Could it be that between season 3 and the time he met the pacifist guy, Morgan made his way to Texas.....and then back?  That doesn't seem right either.

Yeah, he would have to head from Atlanta to Texas, then back to Atlanta, all before starting to follow the trail to Terminus.  There is no way that could work.  It's going to have to be present day.  We're way past the point where it's just the start of the outbreak on Fear.  They went up and down the coast a bit on Fear, so I can see how they may have caught up a bit in the timeline.

7 minutes ago, shrader said:

Yeah, he would have to head from Atlanta to Texas, then back to Atlanta, all before starting to follow the trail to Terminus.  There is no way that could work.  It's going to have to be present day.  We're way past the point where it's just the start of the outbreak on Fear.  They went up and down the coast a bit on Fear, so I can see how they may have caught up a bit in the timeline.

I agree but but don't see how Fear can skip THAT much time.

The timeline between season 1 and when we see him again in "Clear" doesn't make sense to me either.

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

I agree but but don't see how Fear can skip THAT much time.

The timeline between season 1 and when we see him again in "Clear" doesn't make sense to me either.

I wonder if they would really have to skip too much time.  Have they ever been very specific with how much time has passed at any of their stops on either show?  Off the top of my head, I feel like the main show has had longer stays at most locations, specifically the prison and Alexandria.  With Fear, I'm not so sure anything but the ranch looks like it could have been a longer term stay.  My memory is a bit more fuzzy with that show as I wasn't paying much attention prior to this year.

14 minutes ago, shrader said:

I wonder if they would really have to skip too much time.  Have they ever been very specific with how much time has passed at any of their stops on either show?  Off the top of my head, I feel like the main show has had longer stays at most locations, specifically the prison and Alexandria.  With Fear, I'm not so sure anything but the ranch looks like it could have been a longer term stay.  My memory is a bit more fuzzy with that show as I wasn't paying much attention prior to this year.

They sort of implied that the ranch imploded within a two month span or thereabouts but there wasn't anything specific.  The boat ride could have been a month and Mexico another.  Before they even met Strand was a month.

the original show at some point stated when Rick met crazy Morgan in season 3, less than a full year had passed.  Morgan makes no sense to me.

It makes sense to pull the actor because he is great.

if Morgan dies this season we'll know it is a prequel.  If not, we should still know the timeline but maybe not.