Reggie Bush Taking WR Reps in Bills' Practice

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's where he belongs. He can potentially help the team there. He can't be the guy carrying the ball but he can be dangerous in the slot, in space and down the field.

OK, I'll put it out there. I have NOT seen much of Reggie Bush the last 4 years. What I see in stats is he caught 4 out of 10 targets last year, and was kind of "meh" for a slot guy the previous 2 years in Detroit - usually your RB catch % is up in the mid-70s.

Walk me through why you think he can potentially help the team as a WR?

OK, I'll put it out there. I have NOT seen much of Reggie Bush the last 4 years. What I see in stats is he caught 4 out of 10 targets last year, and was kind of "meh" for a slot guy the previous 2 years in Detroit - usually your RB catch % is up in the mid-70s.

Walk me through why you think he can potentially help the team as a WR?

In the past Kirby and I have watched him be excellent both in the screen game and splitting out wide against linebackers here in New Orleans. Not a FULL route tree but pretty extensive

I don't know if he's still that guy, but he has been

Bush is completely worthless on the field. He'd better be providing the best leadership imaginable to warrant his roster spot.

He has no value at RB, but as a receiver he certainly could provide a spark.

If we're without woods, spreading the field will become an issue. Clay is too valuable as an in-line blocker for us to split him out wide all game long. Bush in the slot running a few different routes or a few different plays can help us. Especially if we find ourselves behind.

If McCoy can't go, Gillislee and Williams should still see the majority of the carries, but I'd like to see Bush get some snaps.

If we're without woods, spreading the field will become an issue. Clay is too valuable as an in-line blocker for us to split him out wide all game long. Bush in the slot running a few different routes or a few different plays can help us. Especially if we find ourselves behind.

If McCoy can't go, Gillislee and Williams should still see the majority of the carries, but I'd like to see Bush get some snaps.

I agree with you in principle, but much has been made recently of how well O'Leary is blocking in the run game, so we can probably afford to spread Clay out wide since O'Leary has made huge strides in his blocking

I agree with you in principle, but much has been made recently of how well O'Leary is blocking in the run game, so we can probably afford to spread Clay out wide since O'Leary has made huge strides in his blocking

Not to mention his catches. We've seen Clay become a bigger part of this offense, and finally be used as the "all purpose TE" that he was sold as. Now we get O'Leary stepping up, and we've got something going. If Woods is even limited, O'Leary should get more targets.

Justin Hunter is going to go off this Sunday.

Let it be!