The good and the bad of Goodwin

YoloinOhio

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess the Bills could trade him week to week to teams being opposed by Darrell Revis with understanding that they have to trade him back afterwards.

That's not a bad idea "I'll trade you player x for player y for one week". Edited by SAMMY HANDWICH

Don't have time to go through this right now so it might have been mentioned...because of his speed, and because he can at anytime take one to the house, the D has to prepare for, and account for him. That's in spite of his less than stellar contributions. This helps with the run game and the short passing game. Overall, it's better to have him out there than not. Just wish he added more.

The bad with Goodwin relates to a little known experiment he participated in while at U Texas.

Apparently the materials engineering department took some DNA samples of Goodwin as part of a research grant project.

It turns out Goodwin is in fact made of frost crystals.

7837e226dcee2bdd62f3cb36072623ee.jpg

The issue is that he doesn't put in the offseason time honing his craft, because he's focused on other sports. He just hasn't developed as a WR.

Maybe next off season he and Mr Taylor will spend quality time together.

I agree with yungmack.

And he IS a reasonable #4 vertical threat.

I mean if no one covered him, he would more likely catch the ball, right ? so someone runs with him, and sometimes they keep a safety just in case.

The issue is that he doesn't put in the offseason time honing his craft, because he's focused on other sports. He just hasn't developed as a WR.

This. Its a shame cuz that speed is so deadly, he has the tools to be a real play-maker.

Here is a random Fitzpatrick meme tho!

02770e8a-a279-4512-a0f8-8ca876581134_zps

Edited by Marty McFly

I agree with this. I think it's pretty amazing that you can be close to being an Olympian and make an NFL roster. It's simply an unbelievable athletic achievement. However it's a full time job to be either and my guess is he's suffered a little in each individual thing trying to do both.

With his speed if he ever developed route running he'd be the type of receiver that doesn't get hit hard that much.

Or more J Hunter

So as long as Goodwin is being toasted, isn't time to give up on Easley too as a WR

We have 3 WRs on PUP/Designated-IR in Sammy, Easley and Listenbee...No wonder we are poor at that position. The Bills will have to go the FA route next year to get a 1A or #2 WR, especially if Woods does not re-sign back with the team.

Ok I looked it up and he only got 4 targets on Sunday but half or all of those should go to Hunter.

NO! Hunter is the new Butch Rolle. Each catch MUST be a TD!

I've been a huge Goodwin fanboy. But even I have seen enough. The OB play at the 10-yard line tore it for me. Dude needs more body control and better hands. I'd be OK with cutting ties so he can focus all his energy on Tokyo 2020.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

It's great that Marquise has stayed healthy (so far), but I'll definitely eat some crow because I thought he'd be better on the field. Where is the guy everyone was saying was open all the time during training camp?

Hopefully either he figures out his niche, or they get Powell and Hunter more involved.

Or more J Hunter

So as long as Goodwin is being toasted, isn't time to give up on Easley too as a WR

I thought they gave up on Easley as a WR long ago, except in emergencies. He's stayed on the roster as a STer.

I never had an issue with the olympics thing and he seems like a fine person. But he absolutely must step up this week if Woods is out or hobbled. Catch the ball!!

Run the correct route, then you have a chance to catch the ball

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan