Vontaze Burfict thread

YoloinOhio

Where did it go? I tried searching and can't find it anywhere. Anyway, so much for player safety! This is unbelievable. Carlos Hyde was fined over 8k more for flexing!

@flipsreportNFL

Vontaze Burfict is being fined $75,000 for stomping on LeGarrette Blount's after a week 6 touchdown.

Thanks for starting a new one...I deleted mine when TakeYouToTasker turned it into an abortion.

Pearl clutching much?

Sorry you couldn't handle Gugny and I having what we both agreed was a very civil tangential discussion about baseball, as directly relates to good/bad sportsmanship.

Says more about you than anyone involved in the thread.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

I would bet that, despite the TD, Belichick had a conversation with Gronk after that penalty.

he did. I didn't see the game but they showed the BB/Gronk sideline "convo" on Football Night in America. Gronk then apologized in the post game presser. Edited by YoloinOhio

There was a decent conversation about this in the Box of Shout yesterday in which "precedent" was brought up.

No one has ever been suspended for a stomp/stepping on someone. Even Suh had his suspension turned into a fine.

But then someone brought up that fact that it's Goodell, so precedent goes out the window.

But I don't think this is that cut and dried. This guy is clearly just a bad seed. He has shown a disregard for authority and clearly does not respect the game, nor those playing it.

I think he should be suspended a minimum of 8 games.

Edited by Gugny

Now I have less of an issue with Gronk taunting the jerk.

two wrongs. Don't make a right

There was a decent conversation about this in the Box of Shout yesterday in which "precedent" was brought up.

No one has ever been suspended for a stomp/stepping on someone. Even Suh had his suspension turned into a fine.

But then someone brought up that fact that it's Goodell, so precedent goes out the window.

But I don't think this is that cut and dried. This guy is clearly just a bad seed. He has shown a disregard for authority and clearly does not respect the game, nor those playing it.

send him to Cleveland for a year

Pearl clutching much?

Sorry you couldn't handle Gugny and I having what we both agreed was a very civil tangential discussion about baseball, as directly relates to good/bad sportsmanship.

You're extremely offended by Sammy defending himself on social media, yet is totally completely ok with Vontaze trying to injure players with cheap shots.

Do I have this right?

Pearl clutching much?

You're a blowhard, and I don't respect your opinions with regard to just about anything you've taken a stand on. I reserve the right to delete my own threads.

Edited by eball

On sirius they couldn't believe that 1) he didn't get a suspension for the stomp and that 2) he didn't get a fine OR suspension for going after someone's knee (I missed part of that story).

The NFL always protecting players, except when they aren't...

I think there no excuse for dirty play but cannot imagine Gooddell being able to do anything about it. He can't do anything with Beckham because he's front and center. But he will bend his ability for burfict. I'm fine with burfict being on the field. There are bigger and meaner guys that will correct him. This is football and its not patty cake. He needs to be disciplined but at the same time she needs someone to put him in check

Every team I've ever been a part of in any sport had a knowledge of who you want to get. Who the bounty was on. Who you target and who you don't. Burfict would be my #1 and I'm sure he is everyone's.

The largest criticism of Goodell has been his inconsistency, and I think he and the owners are very aware of it.

On issues like this, I tend to think he is wise to work with precedent, as it gives him a position of strength when bargaining the next CBA.

And, to be honest, he really isn't any worse than Suh, the Harrisons (James and Rodney), Finnegan, Pac Man, ODB, etc.

You're extremely offended by Sammy defending himself on social media, yet is totally completely ok with Vontaze trying to injure players with cheap shots.

Do I have this right?

Where did I say I was completely OK with Burfict's on field behavior, or judge him to have good moral character?

I simply said a fine is consistent with NFL precedent, and given that, I don't think he should be suspended.

You're a blowhard, and I don't respect your opinions with regard to just about anything you've taken a stand on. I reserve the right to delete my own threads.

The sentiment is completely mutual, believe me.

And I'm not sure how you managed to delete the thread with both hands so clearly occupied by your pearls.

I hope your fainting couch was near by.

I'd be more upset about it if Blout wasn't the guy who sucker punched an opponent walking off the field after a college game. Thug on thug crime never bothered me that much.

That said, anything that can go wrong for Burfict is a good thing. That Steelers playoff game last year still makes me laugh.