The Bills Surge Ahead in Football Outsiders' DVOA Rankings

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2016/week-6-dvoa-ratings

"Buffalo's strong run and easy remaining schedule set the Bills up nicely to finally break their NFL-long postseason drought of 16 seasons. This week's playoff odds simulation gives Buffalo a 75.7 percent chance to reach the playoffs, second in the AFC behind only New England at 90.6 percent."

(EDIT: the first comment underneath the article is pretty great.)

Coach Tuesday's Take: I think this upcoming game determines the season. Buffalo can dispose of a divisional opponent on the road, who is coming off of a big win and trying to turn its season around - or it can lose and pivot towards the negative. I'm very, very interested to see which Buffalo Bills team shows up on Sunday.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

"Buffalo's strong run and easy remaining schedule set the Bills up nicely to finally break their NFL-long postseason drought of 16 seasons. This week's playoff odds simulation gives Buffalo a 75.7 percent chance to reach the playoffs, second in the AFC behind only New England at 90.6 percent."

Coach Tuesday's Take: I think this upcoming game determines the season. Buffalo can dispose of a divisional opponent on the road, who is coming off of a big win and trying to turn its season around - or it can lose and pivot towards the negative. I'm very, very interested to see which Buffalo Bills team shows up on Sunday.

Completely agree with your take.

5-2 was the start they needed in order to put themselves in position to compete for a playoff spot, and they're knocking on the door. A legitimately good team would take care of business this Sunday, so let's hope that's what they do.

I expect a tough game--division contests always are, but this one is on the road against a team that had what they believe to be a "signature win" last week. A team that you throttled twice last season, and certainly hasn't forgotten that.

Absolutely agree. After the win in Foxboro I said it doesn't mean anything if they don't win the next three. They're 2/3 of the way there, but they must finish the job or, realistically, the next win could be five weeks from now.

Miami is not a good team. Their roster has gaping holes and they're still acclimating themselves to a new coaching staff.

The difference between 4-3 or 5-2 for this Bills team, considering their upcoming schedule, is huge.

This makes me nervous to see. I like it much better when the Bills are flying under the radar. Let's hope the bills players don't read these press clippings and now think they are some great team

Probably a good thing that Miami had such a great game against Pittsburgh. It put the spotlight on them and should remind the Bills that they can't be overlooked.

This makes me nervous to see. I like it much better when the Bills are flying under the radar. Let's hope the bills players don't read these press clippings and now think they are some great team

Trust me, as the Bills are still under everyone's radar at this point. Listening to ESPN and NFL insiders, NFL live they talk about every other team other than Buffalo. The only slight reference they made was to Colin Kaepernick and that he will remain the starter.

You would think that a four-game win streak would give the Bills some visibility. But Nah, they are cellophane. I kinda hope they stay this way all the way up until the NE game...and Rex keeps his low profile like he has been so far this season

Trust me, as the Bills are still under everyone's radar at this point. Listening to ESPN and NFL insiders, NFL live they talk about every other team other than Buffalo. The only slight reference they made was to Colin Kaepernick and that he will remain the starter.

You would think that a four-game win streak would give the Bills some visibility. But Nah, they are cellophane. I kinda hope they stay this way all the way up until the NE game...and Rex keeps his low profile like he has been so far this season

Yep, about the most you get out of the national media is a vague "are the Bills any good?" reference. If they beat the Fish this weekend we'll see things ramp up, as CBS can tout a "mid-season battle for 1st in the AFC East" matchup.