If you're Greg Roman...

eball

If you're Anthony Lynn how much of this playbook do you scrap in favor of your own heading in 2017? That's what I want to know.

Let's hope he's still in buffalo. If the offense keeps this up, he may be a HC next year

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good discussion. Like many of you, I believe ALynn is definitely a proponent of the philosophy that it's not how many different plays you run, it's how well you run them. Think about it -- the team essentially has three days (on the field) each week to prepare for an opponent. Why wouldn't you focus on a limited set of plays and drill them to perfection -- particularly early in the season? As the year wears on, then, you could always pull something out in a later game that you ran well early in the year.

Anyway, if I had to guess, Roman is stubborn like so many coaches and probably thinks he could have gotten the same production out of the Bills -- and he's probably wrong.

ALynn in an interview: "This is Greg's system." He's stressing lesser volume so players gain confidence and play fast.

Edit: and he has his own playbook, so we're not even really seeing what ALynn will call after he has a full offseason to implement his system.

Edited by eball

How much of Greg Romans playbook, who had never been an OC in the NFL or CFB before SF, is really John Haurbaghs playbook?

Do you mean Jim Harbaugh?

Strange for a former QB to have such an intricate running game

Edited by vincec