The AFC Playoff Picture

That crappy team has won 5 in a row. Their remaining schedule is not that tough either. Their toughest game would be the final at NEP, but the Pats will most likely be resting their starters that game. I agree with others who've said the Bills most likely have to win out to get in.

I see both sides of the argument on the Dolphins. They're crap and getting lucky or they're a good team finding ways to win. It could be either, but I don't think it is feasible they keeping winning the way they have. They may very well get beat by SF. Either way, we play them, and have to win that game regardless of how they do the rest of the way. Our real concern is hoping two teams in the west start losing some games. It looks like our best case scenario would be for KC to run away with that division, beating all other AFC West teams along the way.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only two teams right now that are playing at a championship level are the Pats and the Seahawks. Every other team is able to win or lose any Sunday. Just win and get in. Hope to play a Brady-less Pats team in the conference finals and then beat Seattle.

Grasping at straws you say?? Yes, yes i am. I am a fan. It is what i do!!!

look at the 3-4 seed in the playoffs...houston and balt. you hope for something crazy like getting the 5 seed and beating balt and den beating houston.we beat oakland. then den beats the pats and we host the afc title game!

I think I'll take my chances if we could get to 10-6 and not lose to either Miami or Oakland. The tiebreakers will work out if this is the case i believe. Getting to 10-6 for starters is an absolute must though.

They need to beat Miami, Oakland and Pittsburgh. Get to 10-6 with those wins and they have a legit shot.

Of course, getting 3 wins vs. the toughest teams left on the schedule is unlikely.

I don't feel like we have beaten a team that has played decently. Seems like our wins are all against teams that played like crap. Whenever we come up against a team playing decently, we cannot match them, and one or more elements of the team fails epically. Seattle might be only game where we slugged it out evenly, yet still lost.

Until that changes, the chances of making the playoffs come down to playing 6 teams that are off their game - in other words, slim and none.

Bills gotta start beating teams that are playing at their best.

Edited by WotAGuy

Wait I thought good teams overcome injuries? And don't give me the "they won 3 of 4 without Brady" crap, because the Cardinals, Dolphins, and Texans clearly don't count.

In fact the Patriots have won 2 games against a winning team. The Dolphins and the Texans. They haven't beaten a single good team.

Wins against the Browns, Bengals, Steelers (without Roethlisberger btw), 49ers clearly don't count.

When they came up against a good team? They lost. At home.

When you dispute all of this, just remember, this is all of your methodology.

Yeah clearly don't count. You mean that same Dolphin team that beat us.

And whatever you want to say about their not beating a single good team they sit at the top of the division yet again and will have a deep run in the playoffs yet again and we will be talking about maybe next year yet again.

Apparently his "injury" wasnt significant enough for you to think the Pats were going to lose that week. You picked the Pats to win comfortably that week. So please dont sit here now 6 weeks later talking down the win.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/188896-bills-pats-week-4-prediction/page-2

Yep I did what's your point. I will talk down on the win because I watched the game Jesus it mind as well been a week 17 win over them when they are sitting everyone because that win clearly had as much impact on this season as those nice moral victories we have had huh

I have. I watched them steamroll our defense.

Ok then it's safe to say you are only looking at their W/L record? That's fair. Watch their games if you want to get the real story.

I see both sides of the argument on the Dolphins. They're crap and getting lucky or they're a good team finding ways to win. It could be either, but I don't think it is feasible they keeping winning the way they have. They may very well get beat by SF. Either way, we play them, and have to win that game regardless of how they do the rest of the way. Our real concern is hoping two teams in the west start losing some games. It looks like our best case scenario would be for KC to run away with that division, beating all other AFC West teams along the way.

Eh. Maybe they find ways to win or their opponents find a way to lose?

The Bills gave that game away with a 66 yard td pass to Stills.

The Jets allowed a kick return to lose the game when they were ahead.

The Chargers allowed a kick return to lose the game when they were tied.

The Rams allowed Tannehill to score two TDs in the final 7 minutes of the game when they prevented him from doing ANYTHING at all, all game. Tannehill literally had 57 yards passing, 0 tds and 1 int until that 6:38 minute mark in the 4th quarter.

It simply isn't feasible that they keep winning.

Yeah clearly don't count. You mean that same Dolphin team that beat us.

And whatever you want to say about their not beating a single good team they sit at the top of the division yet again and will have a deep run in the playoffs yet again and we will be talking about maybe next year yet again.

I don't believe that nonsense. That's why it is your methodology. Just mocking what you or others point out about the good things the Bills do. As if you need to bury them even further than the negatives.

Back on topic... KC has a brutal schedule ahead. Next two on the road. Denver has some tough ones as well.

KC has Denver twice, Oakland and Atlanta left on the schedule. Denver has KC twice, as well as New England and Oakland.

Whoever wins that matchup next week, you want them to win both head to head games, because that guarantees that the loser has at least 5 losses, and there's other tough games left to get them to 6 or 7.