The AFC Playoff Picture

It just * seems like all the teams just ahead of the Bills, and maybe even Miami and San Diego right now are a notch above... especially with the injuries. They are coming from behind now too.

That's what has me worried. Not just Miami and San Diego. Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Denver, Indy, Cincy all look stronger than the Bills. Just too many teams to get past. I do think we're roughly on par with Houston, but there's that divisional advantage they have. Win tonight and my optimism level will skyrocket though ...

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate this time of the year when we have to keep asking "Who do we need to win today?". Had we taken care of business against the Jets and Fins we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I'm just programmed to forget about it at this point.... and it probably IS too early. Time and time again, they do not take care of their own wins... and if the occasion ever comes that they can win to solidify a position, they never come through.

They win tonight though and I think I would be "in" again... good time for a bye week

I'm just programmed to forget about it at this point.... and it probably IS too early. Time and time again, they do not take care of their own wins... and if the occasion ever comes that they can win to solidify a position, they never come through.

They win tonight though and I think I would be "in" again... good time for a bye week

exactly. mccoy gets healthy over the next 2 weeks as we get ready for cincy. along with all the othe guys. then sammy for the jags. i dont think we have a prayer against oakland. pitt is beatable now.

They need to get to 10-6 period....or 11-5. If they do that the conference record takes care of itself.

But i agree with others that 8-8 or maybe 9-7 seems like a more realistic record. Those early Jets and Miami losses killed them. Now there's virtually no room for error.

They need to get to 10-6 period....or 11-5. If they do that the conference record takes care of itself.

But i agree with others that 8-8 or maybe 9-7 seems like a more realistic record. Those early Jets and Miami losses killed them. Now there's virtually no room for error.

And baltimore. Don't forget that scintillating loss.

Yup. I was there. I won't forget that horrendous game.

I remember someone telling us to relax "it's only one game"

It's never "only one game." Because anyone with a brain realizes that come November that "one game" will be the one keeping us out of the playoffs pretty much in perpetuity.

It is only one game.

The problem is they are never good enough to win most of their games so that "one game" always comes back to bite them in the ass.

I'm sick of seeing the "hope these teams lose" posts every year. If the Bills were an actual good football team we wouldn't have to hope other teams lose.

How awesome must it be to be a raider fan (besides the move to las vegas)? 13 year playoff streak going to end, a team with a REAL qb, surrounded by a whole bunch of tough guys....

Toughness. The one thing the Bills NEVER have.

So unless we beat Seattle, Cinci, Fins and Jets (and Steelers), I'd say we're done.

Thanks Capt'n Obvious. If they can't win these games, they shouldn't be in the playoffs.

How awesome must it be to be a raider fan (besides the move to las vegas)? 13 year playoff streak going to end, a team with a REAL qb, surrounded by a whole bunch of tough guys....

Toughness. The one thing the Bills NEVER have.

That's a load of crap. Bills have been very tough over the years. They just never put together a string where toughness was rounded out by talent and playing smart.

Thanks Capt'n Obvious. If they can't win these games, they shouldn't be in the playoffs.

That's a load of crap. Bills have been very tough over the years. They just never put together a string where toughness was rounded out by talent and playing smart.

You're welcome.

It is only one game.

The problem is they are never good enough to win most of their games so that "one game" always comes back to bite them in the ass.

I'm sick of seeing the "hope these teams lose" posts every year. If the Bills were an actual good football team we wouldn't have to hope other teams lose.

And we are sick of seeing you say you are sick of seeing these posts. Its freaking football get over it. 15 other AFC teams are doing the same damn thing.

Stay out of the thread if you don't want to talk about the playoff picture.

I remember someone telling us to relax "it's only one game"

It's never "only one game." Because anyone with a brain realizes that come November that "one game" will be the one keeping us out of the playoffs pretty much in perpetuity.

And I remember you posting that we wouldn't have a shot at even 7 wins. Regardless, you're mixing up your points. The posts saying "it's only one game" would have been after one loss, no? The only time one game keeps you out of the playoffs is if you miss the playoffs by one win.

The most annoying posts are the one's that insist an NFC win over Seattle doesn't help the Bills much. Because I'm sure Bills players, coaches and fans would rather NOT be 5-4 and leapfrog all the other 4 win AFC teams... so dumb.

The most annoying posts are the one's that insist an NFC win over Seattle doesn't help the Bills much. Because I'm sure Bills players, coaches and fans would rather NOT be 5-4 and leapfrog all the other 4 win AFC teams... so dumb.

Well, every game is important because there is little to no margin for error. With each win, the margin for error is greater. Would be nice to go into the bye week on a MNF win and over .500

But.... IF they went 6-2 or 7-1, we would prefer one of those losses to be the Seattle game.

Edited by May Day 10