10-14: Doug Whaley on WGR

10-14: BILLS' GM DOUG WHALEY ON WGR (18:49)

Whaley - both sides of the ball are comfortable. Everybody is all in, no one is toeing a different line #Bills

Whaley on improved D: its the comfortability factor. players are all in with the defense

Whaley - change is uncomfortable for everybody. This year, we know what is expected of us & the coaches know what to expect from the players

Whaley on Z. Brown - we thought he was going to be our starter for us to replace Bradham. Between him & Alexander, those guys provide depth

Whaley on Adolphus Washington - he doesn't make the same mistake twice, he's getting better and better #Bills

Whaley on McCoy - he came into this year and he took last year personal. He wanted to show everyone that he hasn't lost a step #Bills

Whaley on Tyrod - I think he's better from last year. Does not turn the ball over, doing whatever it takes to put points on the board #Bills

Whaley - If we are in a position to put the ball in the air, we have faith that Tyrod can do it #Bills

Whaley - no update on Watkins' status for the rest of the season right now #Bills

Whaley - we're always open to adding talent to the roster to help us win. At this time, it's been pretty quiet #Bills

Whaley on Lawson - everything's still very positive, we can activate him on Monday to start practicing. Confident we can activate him #Bills

I dont know why....but the kid litterally reminds me of a brama bull

I didn't watch him in college, I watched highlights of course around the draft and read up a bit on him but that's not the same as seeing him play. And I know the eye test is probably the worst metric to base anything on -- especially when the guy's not even playing and is just in sweats on the sideline -- but he's a big dude. I can't wait to see what he can do.

I didn't watch him in college, I watched highlights of course around the draft and read up a bit on him but that's not the same as seeing him play. And I know the eye test is probably the worst metric to base anything on -- especially when the guy's not even playing and is just in sweats on the sideline -- but he's a big dude. I can't wait to see what he can do.

He was the guy I wanted in this draft. When watching Clemson it was impossible to avoid seeing him. He just made plays. Hopefully he can continue to do so in the red, white, and blue!

Whaley seems pretty comfortable considering his seat gets so hot so often :pirate:

Despite claimed he is in the hot seat the Pegulas bought him a chair which does temperature adjustments and does massage to make him as comfortable as possible in the seat. It appears. It appears those "insiders" misinterpreted it into a hot seat.

i think I saw every Clemson game last year. The word I would use to describe him is "relentless."

And he's perfect for the Rex scheme in every way. I thought that before we drafted him. Did not think he'd be there at 19 (clearly the shoulder contributed). combination of talent, heart and sheer will.

Edited by YoloinOhio

i think I saw every Clemson game last year. The word I would use to describe him is "relentless."

And he's perfect for the Rex scheme in every way. I thought that before we drafted him. Did not think he'd be there at 19 (clearly the shoulder contributed). combination of talent, heart and sheer will.

Love hearing that. :beer:

I also watched his games at Clemson. He should be a good one from the Bills for many years. Who would have thought he may come back from injury about the same time as Dareus?

When both of them get going this defense should only get better. We will have some awesome rotation on the DL/OLB!

And having such a player being tutored by Kyle Williams will be absolutely fabulous!

Kyle never gives up and makes plays because opposing players are not able to keep up effort.