Report: Sammy could return this season!

YoloinOhio

Game 11 Jaguars or week 11 Bengals?

I think Yolo said bring him back after the bengals game, practice that week and play for the Jaguars game, at least going by the 8 week thing.

Game 11, week 12. So Jaguars. But probably can let him rest for another week.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude. You're a dick.

(Sry mods...but I think it had to be said)

Probably, but in this instance it would be more accurately stated that I just don't have any use for useless or ****ty people.

And if you're willing to be honest with yourself, neither do you.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Seeing as how that is a bye week, and I think too soon for IR rules?..... you aren't doing too hot so far.

well at least he'll show up on the stat sheet the same as the first two weeks. Edited by The Wiz

Ok, this was from the day he was place on IR

@nickveronica

Sammy Watkins will be out at least 8 weeks, able to return for Nov. 27's Jacksonville game.

@prescottrossi

Sammy Watkins will miss at least the next 8 weeks. That would put him back for their Week 12 game with the Jaguars on November 27th.

Edited by YoloinOhio

He'll be back only to injure himself again. Poor porcelain, so fragile. Meow.

Imo

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

- Theodore Roosevelt

Ok, this was from the day he was place on IR

@nickveronica

Sammy Watkins will be out at least 8 weeks, able to return for Nov. 27's Jacksonville game.

@prescottrossi

Sammy Watkins will miss at least the next 8 weeks. That would put him back for their Week 12 game with the Jaguars on November 27th.

I thought it was 8 weeks. But then again, I thought I'd have more sense than to blindly accept things posted by PFT.

I'm finding the number of successful small business owners who spend a lot of time on this board and who are eager to talk about their success to be alarmingly high, given what I know about successful small business owners.

Well played. It does seem to be high. I tend to think most people who say how great they are USUALLY aren't. There are exceptions like Rickey Henderson and Ali.

I'm finding the number of successful small business owners who spend a lot of time on this board and who are eager to talk about their success to be alarmingly high, given what I know about successful small business owners.

Is what you know that most of the posters on TSW are ripping off their employer by playing on TSW when they are being paid to work...........therefore keeping said business owners in financial stress.........unable to determine exactly where the inefficiency lies.....too consumed with worry to post on TSW?

Or maybe you just don't know as much as you think? :thumbsup:

Gotcha. Thanks.

Sal is on WGR right now saying surgery is still on the table, it's just that they have decided not to pursue it right now.

They want to see if rehab and other things can heal back to 100%...if it doesn't work out, he'll still get the surgery.

He said it's not necessarily looking good that he will return late in the year.

They are obviously trying alternatives to surgery to give him a shot at returning this year.

If they wait to have surgery down the road, won't impact his return for training camp next year anyway.

Dude has about a 2" long screw in his foot. An article by a doctor suggested the hardware itself can cause pain. I think they need to do the surgery to get that thing out of there or he has no prayer of being himself. The foot is a pretty complicated device with 26 bones, all moving around as you jump/run etc. How can a pro athlete who relies so much on his foot NOT be bothered by a screw in there?

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

- Theodore Roosevelt

"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.

It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground."

-Theodore Roosevelt

Imo

Gotcha. Thanks.

Sal is on WGR right now saying surgery is still on the table, it's just that they have decided not to pursue it right now.

They want to see if rehab and other things can heal back to 100%...if it doesn't work out, he'll still get the surgery.

He said it's not necessarily looking good that he will return late in the year.

They are obviously trying alternatives to surgery to give him a shot at returning this year.

If they wait to have surgery down the road, won't impact his return for training camp next year anyway.

Yeah he can get the surgery in a couple months and still expect to be back well before training camp so there isn't necessarily any rush into surgery.

The Bills IR'd a good LB early many years ago.......believe it was Crowell.........and he was furious and insisted he could come back........and he ended up leaving the team very acrimoniously.

It's possible that they just don't think it's worth getting in a p*ssing match over rushing him to surgery even if it's a remote chance that he returns.

So what the report says is Sammy is being a baby? What is different between his foot now and what it was when they decided to put him through training camp? If he was in pain then why was he out there?

Just a guess, but to a certain point with pain and a clean xray/CAT scan, you say "nothing really wrong, pain management". Pain escalates and maybe there's swelling, maybe you do an MRI or a nuclear bone scan or such and maybe you see unhealed stress fractures or the like and say "yeah, shut this down and heal it"

I think almost all pro football players are playing with pain a considerable portion of the season, in addition to the "normal" can-barely-walk-on-Mon-Tues after the game, so there's a lot of judgement call involved.

Dude has about a 2" long screw in his foot. An article by a doctor suggested the hardware itself can cause pain. I think they need to do the surgery to get that thing out of there or he has no prayer of being himself. The foot is a pretty complicated device with 26 bones, all moving around as you jump/run etc. How can a pro athlete who relies so much on his foot NOT be bothered by a screw in there?

It's probably too soon to look at removing the screw. Where's our resident device guy?

Troy Vincent.

well done!

- Theodore Roosevelt

You Sir are to be congratulated for offering this most excellent quote. Both Theodore and Franklin Roosevelt are American heroes and fantastic icons to aspire to, even though different folks in different places in History.

Huzzah 59 !!

"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.

It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground."

-Theodore Roosevelt

Imo

and from you of all peoples.

Will i never cease to be astounded at this rotating wobbling sphere of humanity that turns it face to the sun just enough to keep hope growing ?

i'm guessing it was takeyoutotasker

Obviously.