Kordell Stewart

BillsNYC

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that Feidler was cut yesterday. Don't know if he's been discussed in another thread, though. He certainly had a rough '04 season.

251171[/snapback]

And a rough 03 season. Since he got hurt in 02 and 03 his long ball looks like a slow pitch softball.

I kinda like Jay as backup also.

He's plenty smart

252021[/snapback]

Trust me. The fact he went to Dartmouth does not make him "plenty smart." And even if it did, the kind of "smart" you're talking about has absolutely no relevance on the football field. It doesn't even show UP on the football field. That pick'n'go he threw to Takeo at the Ralph, for example. Was that "plenty smart"? How about the pitch he threw to nobody in particular that ended Miami's last-ditch comeback in the Jets game? Was that "plenty smart"?

I seem to remember a quarterback who was reportedly so dumb he couldn't spell "cat" if you spotted him the C and the A. That guy won four Super Bowls. If "plenty smart" mattered so much on the football field, how come Bob Holly, Jason Garrett, John Witkowski, Marty Domres and Brian Dowling (just to name a few) have a big fat total of zero Super Bowl rings as starting quarterbacks?

And this thing about Jay being a leader who grooms young quarterbacks. Yeah. He did a great job with Ray Lucas and Brian Griese, didn't he? NO. He was too busy whining about how he should be starting to groom them. Believe me, I've followed his career pretty closely. I still haven't seen any evidence he would easily accept a backup role. I think he still has a huge chip on his shoulder from the six years he sat on the bench and played in the World League, and he's not ready to admit he can't get it done anymore.