Kordell Stewart

BillsNYC

Since Kordell is a FA and visited last spring, why not sign him?

1) He'd come cheap

2) He knows the Mularkey system

3) His pro-bowl days were under Mularkey

4) He and JP are similar players

5) He has starting experience

6) He's only 32/33 years old

7) If JP goes down he can come in and run the exact same offence, probably better than Sean Matthews

And my final reason, he was quite successful as Slash. Mularkey LOVES trick plays, Imagine what he could do with Stewart and Losman on the field at the same time? Add in McGahee, Evans, and Moulds...

Now THAT is a high powered offense!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) He'd come cheap

7) If JP goes down he can come in and run the exact same offence, probably better than Sean Matthews

And my final reason, he was quite successful as Slash. Mularkey LOVES trick plays, Imagine what he could do with Stewart and Losman on the field at the same time? Add in McGahee, Evans, and Moulds...

251146[/snapback]

You know, assuming he's in good shape still, I think he'd be a great backup, not only for Buffalo, but for my 'phins as well.

i would take him as a backup QB. really i would.

but if losman is hurt.... there is no way in hell Stewart will win a game for us.

hes one of those backup QBs who is good for a few plays or finishing a game, but not start for 1 game, or 2 or 3.....

1) He'd come cheap

251146[/snapback]

stewart and high powered offense just don't go together......

seriously, he's alright, nothing special, not going to win us to many games if he's forced to start........i'm with the bills, matthews first, and if he declines then move on to other options.........kordell would be near the top of that secondary list.......

i would take him as a backup QB. really i would.

but if losman is hurt.... there is no way in hell Stewart will win a game for us.

hes one of those backup QBs who is good for a few plays or finishing a game, but not start for 1 game, or 2 or 3.....

251156[/snapback]

And who is that we can afford, and that can run the same offense, and that is WILLING to be a backup?

Kordell has WAY more upside than any of the other FA QB's out there...

To everyone saying this is a bad idea, remember we are looking for a BACKUP.

We're not gonna get the second coming of Dan Marino.

There are slim pickins for a QB who has NFL experience, who has at least started before, who will assume the backup role with no issues, and who isn't gonna cost us more than we should pay for a backup.

Who else fits these criteria? Jeff Garcia isn't a huge step up from KS, but would certainly cost us quite a bit more.

We are only looking for a guy who can come in should JP get hurt and be out for a series of games - we're not looking for a franchise QB.

what kind of $ would it take for us to get Fiedler?

the only reason I would really want him over most is that he has more experience playing in our division. I want us to reverse the tables on NE sooner than later, and you've got to admit, he is familiar with their D as well as NY's. I think he could help JP from that standpoint. His brains and JP's physical abilities, I think it's a good head start for our new signal caller.

Kordell is a decent option as a #2. In fact, I'd rather have him than Shane Matthews. The problem is, it's way too easy for posters to respond to this thread with nothing more than......

STEWART SUCKS!

or

I DON"T WANT THAT HOMO ON THE BILLS!

We're talking about a #2 QB, not our QB of the future. :blush:

To everyone saying this is a bad idea, remember we are looking for a BACKUP.

We're not gonna get the second coming of Dan Marino.

251164[/snapback]

Wow. On this board I thought for sure you were looking for the second coming of Jim Kelly. Nice to see some respect for your opponents. I'll always respect Kelly, that's for sure. And I loved the way both of them were great friends, regardless of what happened on the gridiron.