Carucci: Whaley an NFL Executive of the Year Candidate?

If the Bills make the playoffs, I think it's far, far more likely that Rex could take Coach of the Year. Doesn't matter to me either way though; just make the playoffs, and I will be happy with everyone in the organization.

I posted this in the drafting QB every year thread......Whaley has done a great job outside the QB position so how do we get someone who knows what a QB is actually supposed to look like?

This.

Whaley is a good talent evaluator and would make a great head of scouting. Not sure he is the man for GM.

I remember not liking Marrone and after the Green Bay, some people here were telling me he was a COTY candidate... then they fell on their face in Oakland.... and everyone else turned on him as he left and it is wildly accepted gospel that he is/was a clown.

I don't accept Marrone was a clown at all. An ass of a man? Sure. But he was not a clown and he did a good job before walking out.

I love the bipolar nature of TBD! Hair is on fire, feet are on ice but on average it's always just about right...

Exactly! Sammy Watkins went on IR and threads popped up everywhere wanting Whaley fired.

I can recall the 2008 season when the Patriots lost Brady for the year in their first game of the season. Then the Bills start the season 5-1 with talk of playoffs and how Trent Edwards looked like another Joe Montana in beating the Seahawks, the Jags, the Raiders, the Rams. Had a concussion in Arizona which I suspect was far more serious than anyone thought as it ended Edwards career. Still, after that Arizona game the Bills won against the Chargers to get to 5-1. Ralph Wilson was so happy he gave Dick Jauron an extension with the thought he might lose him.

We were all thinking the Bills take the division and are on their way!!!! Yeah, on their way alright...right into the crapper as the team went 3-8 the rest of the season and ended the season 7-9. Somebody wrote a post about how the way the Bills were winning was unsustainable and he was right! Jauron was fired halfway through the next season.

In 2011 the Bills started out 5-2 and the talk of playoffs started up again all the way up until Fitz got hammered in Washington and ended up playing the rest of the year with broken ribs. The next game the center goes down for the year and the backups couldn't snap the ball properly to save their lives. The Bills went on a 7 game losing streak to finish 6-10.

In 2014 all the team needed to do to make the playoffs was to beat the 2-12 Oakland Raiders who had the worst defense in the league and suddenly the Bills can't figure out how to run the ball at all. 13 rushes for 13 yards all game. Spiller had 4 rushes for -4 yards meaning he kept getting hit behind the line of scrimmage. The #4 overall defense gets unbelievably unlucky to allow a first down on 4th and 22 to a rookie QB after shutting down Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning in recent weeks. Only Buffalo could lose to a 2-12 scrub team!

When this team actually makes the playoffs I'll believe it and then perhaps Whaley might deserve Exec of the year!