How does Mike McCoy still have a job??

Big Turk

I am flabbergasted by how bad a coach Mike McCoy is...the man has an ELITE QB in Phillip Rivers...has to be top 5 if not top 3, and McCoy's record with him since the beginning of last year is 5-16. That is literally almost impossible in today's NFL that emphasizes QB play more than any other position and rewards you far more for having a good QB than virtually any other position. That team should be in the playoffs year in and year out, and instead they invent new ridiculous ways to lose every week at the end of the game that would Browns and Bills fans cringe...

McCoy must be the worst coach in the NFL, and I have no idea how he still has a job....that is an absolute embarrassment

I predict they will beat Denver at home on TNF, prolonging the McCoy nightmare. If they lose he's finally gone IMO. They will win and the fans will be pissed.

They have Ken WhisenPunt lurking in the shadows waiting to be named interim HC.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I am flabbergasted by how bad a coach Mike McCoy is...the man has an ELITE QB in Phillip Rivers...has to be top 5 if not top 3, and McCoy's record with him since the beginning of last year is 5-16. That is literally almost impossible in today's NFL that emphasizes QB play more than any other position and rewards you far more for having a good QB than virtually any other position. That team should be in the playoffs year in and year out, and instead they invent new ridiculous ways to lose every week at the end of the game that would Browns and Bills fans cringe...

McCoy must be the worst coach in the NFL, and I have no idea how he still has a job....that is an absolute embarrassment

Have you seen how they have lost? Not coaching..its playering...

Have you seen how they have lost? Not coaching..its playering...

They lose like that every single week it seems.. last week before it was them fumbling on 2 consecutive drives in the 4th quarter that were cashed in for TDs by the Saints to come back from a 34-21 deficit and win 35-34. The week before that they blew a lead against the Colts and couldn't tackle Hilton a short cross that went for a 63 yard TD late in the 4th to take the lead...in week 1 they blew a 17 point 4th quarter lead to the Chiefs and lost in OT...

It just isn't possible to keep losing in these ways and NOT have it be related to coaching...even if its simply the players taking on the personality of the coach, it shows McCoy panics when things start going downhill and it turns into a runaway freight train with no way of stopping it.

They lose like that every single week it seems.. last week before it was them fumbling on 2 consecutive drives in the 4th quarter that were cashed in for TDs by the Saints to come back from a 34-21 deficit and win 35-34. The week before that they blew a lead against the Colts and couldn't tackle Hilton a short cross that went for a 63 yard TD late in the 4th to take the lead...in week 1 they blew a 17 point 4th quarter lead to the Chiefs and lost in OT...

It just isn't possible to keep losing in these ways and NOT have it be related to coaching...even if its simply the players taking on the personality of the coach, it shows McCoy panics when things start going downhill and it turns into a runaway freight train with no way of stopping it.

could not disagree more...everything you point out are players making physical mistakes...how is that related to coaching?

Now , may be they need a change ...but dude can coach.

As an aside, i feel awful for Charger fans. This year is so critical to them staying there...and if they were 4-1 instead of 1-4..maybe they got a chance. I always think ole Flutie saved our beloved Bills with his 98 season, think the Chargers are having the exact opposite

Colts, Lions and Chargers... all fall squarely in the WTF?? category.

Whether GM, coaching or both, as an owner I'd be infuriated about watching these fantastic arms just rot away...

Only the Hoodie can win with solely a QB. The rest of the league needs a team effort. I blame the GM.

Hoodie wins without a QB. What were they, 10-6 the year Brady went down in game 1? 3-1 this year without Brady.

McCoy is 5-16 going back to last season. They fired Reich who was bad OC there and Whiz is better but McCoy is a wet blanket coach with no answers, no accountability and no guts.

Bosa looks exceptional though. Would have been nice to have him 5 weeks ago but hey they got their offset language. Clearly more important.

As soon as McCoy gets his players to play defense he will a lot of games wit Rivers

His team has also been decimated by injuries to WRs and corners and they lost Woodhead which is a bigger loss than people think.

they are decimated by injuries every year. Not just garden variety either. Season enders. Fire the medical staff! Also the OL sucks because it's always patchwork and they can't stay healthy enough to build consistent playing time together which is critical in order to gel. The Bills OL is the opposite - they have played together as a unit for a long time and it shows.

I predict they will beat Denver at home on TNF, prolonging the McCoy nightmare. If they lose he's finally gone IMO. They will win and the fans will be pissed.

They have Ken WhisenPunt lurking in the shadows waiting to be named interim HC.

Is that this week? I know the Broncos OC is out for the game due to health issues and someone else is gonna have to call the plays so that is a possibility, especially with Paxton still getting up to NFL speed

Is that this week? I know the Broncos OC is out for the game due to health issues and someone else is gonna have to call the plays so that is a possibility, especially with Paxton still getting up to NFL speed

Yes they play this Thursday but it's the Denver HC who is out (Kubiak) and I think it's Simien at QB again.