Where is FireRex and his constituents??

look at you.

ill hold steady at my "this team is built to be a little bit of a roller coaster" commentary. we should win a good number of games, but we will probably be very frustrating a lot of weeks. itll be a matter of how many many of those frustrating weeks we can steal a win in.

As Bills fans we gotta' be thrilled about how this schedule has unfolded.

There were people lamenting the schedule on this site since it was released...........the bottom line is you never know what the schedule is actually going to look like until you are in-season.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just sayin'.

The Bills have now beaten the Patriots (4-1), the Cards, and the Rams (3-2).

It's looking like a two horse race in the AFCE with NE at 4-1, Buffalo at 3-2 (with the head to head advantage over NE and the second game vs NE at Buffalo), Miami at 1-4, and NYJ at 1-4.

Upcoming games include SF at Buffalo and at Miami, two very winnable games for the Bills. Then the Bills play a big game vs NE at Buffalo, which could greatly decide their fate in the long run.

BTW, the Bills will have added Dareus, Henderson, and Sh. Lawson to a team that is already on the rise.

It's amazing how things can turn around when you have a lil faith.

I firmly believe a Rex Ryan coached team is destined for perpetual mediocrity and fan frustration as history shows.

That said, his performance of late has earned if nothing else a pause in the rhetoric calling for his head. Winning trumps all.

Before we get carried away though, Brady, Dalton, Wilson, Big Ben, Bortles and Carr await. And Fitzmontana from week 2 could show up too. These are measuring sticks.

A little different than Keenum, Palmerover and patsie practice squad guy.

Just sayin

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I firmly believe a Rex Ryan coached team is destined for perpetual mediocrity and fan frustration as history shows.

That said, his performance of late has earned if nothing else a pause in the rhetoric calling for his head. Winning trumps all.

Before we get carried away though, Brady, Dalton, Wilson, Big Ben, Bortles and Carr await. And Fitzmontana from week 2 could show up too. These are measuring sticks.

A little different than Keenum, Palmerover and patsie practice squad guy.

Just sayin

you have named QBs as the metric?

How about the scores Bills have put up. How about ST play?

The Team is winning games

Right here boss.

We finish 10-6, I'm more than happy to change my tag name. Hell, I'll let someone else pick it.

However, it's 5 games and we've shown we can also play like the worst team in the league. We can easily still finish at 8-8. How quickly we forget our 5-2 starts that still ended in futility.

Regardless, what's thrilling about this post is the superiority without backing. You are gloating after 5 games? I think you forget two things:

1 - We are the losingist franchise in all of sports (playoff drought) until proven otherwise. We've been teased before and I'm actually really impressed with the "one game at a time" attitude that most posters are keeping to. Not too hyped, not too down.

2 - Everyone on here is a fan and want what's best for the team. Everyone who wants to FireRex, draft a QB, trade Sammy all want the same thing; a winning team. We are allowed to have different opinions. So, if this is how you get your jollies, more power to you.

But I'll make you a bet. We make the playoffs, you can pick my screen name. We don't, I pick yours. Deal?

Hey FireRex, I'm just pullin' your chain. Calm yourself young man.

Not everyone wants to fire the HC as soon as something goes wrong. It's just aggravating for me to hear that so often.

Rex Ryan is not a neophyte like Doug Marone. Ryan has been an NFL coach for two decades. He's been a very successful NFL DC, and he's actually taken an NFL team to the playoffs. That's reason enough to cut him some slack and give him some time to prove what he can do with the Bills WITHOUT having to deal with impatient fans calling for his head.

All that accomplishes is the unnecessary creation of a negative atmosphere.

Bills beat Pats 16-0: With or without Brady, still a very impressive win. The Brissett-led Patsies did beat Houston just one week prior 27-0. Anytime a Bills coach gets over on Belichick it's a good thing.

Bills beat Cards 33-18: Pummeled and berated the mighty Carson Palmer and his slew of speedy WRs along w/ stud RB D. Johnson. The Cards were once thought to be a top 3 team.

Bills beat Rams: Rams were 3-1. They have a talented roster. Gurley and Austin will give teams fits. Their defense is ultra-aggressive under former Bills HC G. Williams.

The Bills have a 3-2 record after playing two home games and three road games. That tilts their schedule in their favor. They can and should beat their next two opponents (SF and Miami), which would get them to 5-2. Then we see what the Bills are really made of when the Bills get the Pats at home. If the Bills win that game they will finally have an inside track on not only making the playoffs, but also winning the division outright.

Keep in mind that Ryan has been able to be successful without the likes of DT M. Dareus (best defender), Sh. Lawson (R1 pick), R. Ragland (R2 pick - expected starter), RB K. Williams (ate himself off of the team), WR/ST ace M. Easley, OLB M. Lawson, RT S. Henderson (former starter) all out up to now. He has had to rely on guys like OLB L. Alexander (mostly an ST player), ILB Z. Brown (journeyman), and CB N. Robey-Coleman (UDFA).

With Dareus and Henderson back this week things are looking promising. S A. Williams is finally getting healthy, which is big for the defense because he's a difference-maker. DE Sh. Lawson, who should be a big contributor on defense, returns for Week #7 vs Miami. There is still hope that WR Watkins and Salas return for Week #11.

That all bodes well for the Bills and their chances for making the playoffs this year.

Just sayin'.

It's looking like a two horse race in the AFCE with NE at 4-1, Buffalo at 3-2 (with the head to head advantage over NE and the second game vs NE at Buffalo), Miami at 1-4, and NYJ at 1-4.

Upcoming games include SF at Buffalo and at Miami, two very winnable games for the Bills. Then the Bills play a big game vs NE at Buffalo, which could greatly decide their fate in the long run.

BTW, the Bills will have added Dareus, Henderson, and Sh. Lawson to a team that is already on the rise.

I'm still right here! I'd dump Rex's ass tomorrow if I could.

The performance of the Bills has nothing to do with your "faith" by the way.

I'm enjoying the ride and the season has turned out to be more fun than I thought, but we are still squarely on pace for where most posters had us in pre-season: around 7, 8, or 9 wins tops and a missed playoffs, again.

Have a look at the schedule.

Will be pulling for them to win all games come game time each week, of course.

nobody is perfect. Jeff fisher has been on the job for 20 years , how did the pats look in week 4 ? Seattle leads the league in penalties some seasons

How many coaches are there that you look at a say this team is always on point

5 ? maybe 10 . again who do you replace him with and is it an big enough upgrade to retool the offense and defense AGAIN .

Edited by baskingridgebillsfan

Just sayin'.

You'll find them after we lose three straight to The Patriots, Seahawks and Bengals and stand at 5-5. I still think the team ends up 8-8 this year with wins over 49ers, Dolphins x2, Jaguars and Browns losses to Patriots, Seahawks,Bengals,Raiders Steelers and Jets. 8-8 will have lots of fire Rex People looking for scalp. Best case is they beat the Jets and Bengals and end up 10-6.

I'm on record for agreeing that Rex is an idiot, his track record in games and with his mouth led me to that decision. The last few games have shown me something but i'm holding out for more.

I'll always root for the Bills to be the best they can be and if that means they should fire rex after the season i'll be all in on that.

If the team continues to show up ready to play and stays competitive each week that'll go a long way towards how I feel about things. 11-5 wouldn't hurt either 😎

Just sayin'.

Let's talk again in December!

Im right here. Still think he needs to be fired. Just wait until the inconsistency and lack of discipline resurfaces

I agree!