Kaepernick to start on Sunday

Don't All_Pro_Bills! he will just put you on ignore when he disagrees w/you.

Hee hee...

;-)

Hey I hear ya. I guess anyone can ignore anything they choose. Even facts. But my basic problem is Kap's 'protest' is based on a false narrative that cops only shoot and kill black people. But the statistics show a slightly different story.

Through July 2016 American police fatally shot 509 citizens. 238 were white, 123 Black, 79 Hispanic, 46 race wasn't reported, and 23 were 'other'. That translates to 24% were black. 95% of the 509 were male. Investigation found that 93% were armed. The source: The Washington Post.

Could the stats be wrong? Sure. Could you argue that 24% is a disproportionately large percentage compared to the make-up the general population. Sure could. I know this will cause a great deal of cognitive dissonance with some folks but the social discussion needs to be about facts not emotion.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha. Great post.

It's hilarious how angry people get about him not standing for the anthem. People love to pick and chose how they honor the 1st amendment.

And if you don't think it's worse to play Kaep than Gabbert, you're out of your mind. Kaep has become a qb like Taylor but he is a freak athlete. We should beat him but I would love to see Blaine out there.

Even if I grant you that Kaep is a "Taylor-like" QB (which I only grant for arguments sake, Kaep isn't the same QB he was in 2012, statistically or otherwise), his supporting cast is not the equal of Taylor's. Add that to the fact that Kaep has been riding the pine because he can't beat out a couple scrub tier QBs. We'll see Sunday, but when people are worried about Kaep at QB, they're worried about the 2012 version of Kaep at 230lbs, not the failing to thrive waif-like 2016 version. He'll make a fine Grievance Reporter for ESPN, but I think his NFL days are numbered

@NFLMedia

"When you’re 1-4 you’ve lost your ability to declare the narrative. In other words Blaine Gabbert you’re 1-4, there’s going to be a change."

@49ers

Chip Kelly: "@Kaepernick7 will start this week." #SFvsBUF

CugQCgSVMAAcpHp.jpg

@49ers

Kelly on decision to start @Kaepernick7: "We need to improve on the offensive side of the ball & this is the decision we’ve made." #SFvsBUF

If you don't see the overlap between "Civil Rights" in this context, and politics, then I'm not sure I can explain it in this medium. Let's start with the attention seeking behavior, like the pig-as-cop socks he wore at practice (https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/160901-kaepernick-socks-index.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1200). How is that about Civil Rights, and NOT politics?

Secondly, find me a legit sports nutritionist that recommends a vegan diet over a balanced diet that includes animal proteins, for a NFL QB. In my experience, there's a couple kinds of Vegans, and I know plenty. First are ones who are vegan for religious/spiritual reasons, and are often long term. The other group are doing because they're contrarians, and want attention for it. They generally don't stay vegans as long, but while they are, it's the first thing out of their mouths in any conversation. I obviously don't know Colin K, but I'm going to go on and guess he's in the second category.

this is a decent argument. Please, seriously, take this to PPP. It would be good to argue this who want to argue this in the forum designed for it.

You probably don't realize it but there are a dozen folks that are scared to post here because of bans and other discipline that has happened in the past when it goes to the level of politics you're at now. I encourage you to take it there.

The Bills should take the same approach defensively vs Kaep that they did with Brissett. Similar strengths/weaknesses. They need to -ahem- make him be a quarterback. He's not accurate and not good from the pocket. If you let him run the read option you are in trouble. Especially with Hyde. He's outstanding as a blocker and runner in that scheme.

Now that it's official who is starting, I need to bump this. It's the perfect gameplan to throw at Kaep.

They could throw in some different wrinkles with Kaep, but when it comes down to it, he's still not very good.

Play disciplined run defense and everything will be fine. We have a backup QB who can mimic Kaep's style to help the defense prepare.

I agree.

When Kap is on, he is tough to beat. He's been plenty accurate in the past. The past couple seasons have been bad for his confidence and it wasn't all his fault. Chip can certainly get the most out of his talents, if he's ready to go. I hope when Chip says he's not fully healthy that it isn't a false narrative for his riding the bench so far. If Kap is healthy and been doing is homework, they can be a tough team on Sunday.

Even if I grant you that Kaep is a "Taylor-like" QB (which I only grant for arguments sake, Kaep isn't the same QB he was in 2012, statistically or otherwise), his supporting cast is not the equal of Taylor's. Add that to the fact that Kaep has been riding the pine because he can't beat out a couple scrub tier QBs. We'll see Sunday, but when people are worried about Kaep at QB, they're worried about the 2012 version of Kaep at 230lbs, not the failing to thrive waif-like 2016 version. He'll make a fine Grievance Reporter for ESPN, but I think his NFL days are numbered

Oh, he's fallen off big time. But he still is a guy who could go 80 yards on a play and in theory has a rocket arm. I don't think he is any good but I think Gabbert is not a threat in the slightest.

General rule in life, you always want to go against a guy named Blaine.

As a veteran and a strong supporter of the flag, I hope he does play and the defense doesn't hold anything back. I don't want him injured but I do want him to understand what a foolish thing it is to disrespect the flag. Knuckleheads like this need to be treated like knuckleheads.

BTW, I truly am as heartbroken over racial injustice as anyone, but this is not how I would "make a stand". This is a total cop out and only really just makes the divide between black and white even wider. It's just stirring things up and making things worse. You want to make a stand, don't do it by shi**ing on the American flag.

Start a rally, raise money for the families effected by racism, speak up in your church, talk about it every time you get in front of a microphone or camera. There are lots of ways. This stunt is not how you bring people together and solve a problem. Keap is young. Hopefully this is just something he learns from. I really don't think he thought this through. It is my hope that his intentions were truly just about the injustice and not about our flag, country and home.

Sorry guys for the rant. Was getting a bit annoyed by the lack of patriotism on display.

Does it mean anything to you that he said he was not trying to disrespect the troops or the flag?