5 little things from the LA game yesterday

Rubes

1. Blitz pickup - This has been a bit of a problem for our backs this season, notably Shady. But several times in the game yesterday the Rams sent someone after TT, and the backs picked it up just enough to give TT time to make the throw. Hard to understate how important that is.

2. Miller and Mills - I mentioned Miller in another thread, but the combo of these two has been pretty darn impressive so far, and the game yesterday was a fine example. Not hearing their names and getting 190+ rushing yards is just fine with me.

3. Jerome Felton - I am so glad we picked this guy back up. He had an outstanding game yesterday. Even though he didn't knock the guy down, he made the key "interference" on Gillislee's TD run to give him the space.

4. Adolphus - 3 tackles and 1 sack barely describe the game he had. Hopefully he's getting the hang of this.

5. 3rd and 19 - Robey's pick-6 and the stuff on the fake punt get all the headlines, but I thought the 3rd and 19 scramble by TT was right up there as the play of the game. It turned a quick 3-and-out to start the game into a TD drive. That could have been a pretty demoralizing way to start the game on the road.

1. Blitz pickup - This has been a bit of a problem for our backs this season, notably Shady. But several times in the game yesterday the Rams sent someone after TT, and the backs picked it up just enough to give TT time to make the throw. Hard to understate how important that is.

2. Miller and Mills - I mentioned Miller in another thread, but the combo of these two has been pretty darn impressive so far, and the game yesterday was a fine example. Not hearing their names and getting 190+ rushing yards is just fine with me.

3. Jerome Felton - I am so glad we picked this guy back up. He had an outstanding game yesterday. Even though he didn't knock the guy down, he made the key "interference" on Gillislee's TD run to give him the space.

4. Adolphus - 3 tackles and 1 sack barely describe the game he had. Hopefully he's getting the hang of this.

5. 3rd and 19 - Robey's pick-6 and the stuff on the fake punt get all the headlines, but I thought the 3rd and 19 scramble by TT was right up there as the play of the game. It turned a quick 3-and-out to start the game into a TD drive. That could have been a pretty demoralizing way to start the game on the road.

Not giving TT a ton of credit on the 3rd and 19 he caused it by lining up behind Incognito. So he bailed himself out

Edited by MAJBobby

Yes, blitz pickup is a huge key. Look at the NY Giants the last couple of weeks. Rashad Jennings is their best pass blocking back and he's been out the last 3 games. Eli Manning's production has suffered greatly.