Let's talk about...John Miller

Rubes

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miler is playing well and he deserves a lot of credit. I think what gets overlooked is how very good Wood is. He doesn't get the national attention and gets mildly criticized by Bills fans at times. He may not be dominant but he gets the job done for the most part every year. He's been a solid rock which only helps guys like Miller develop.

Two examples of Whaley's free agent value pickups on the OL are Incognito and Jordan Mills. On the line Mills may be the least conspicuous player but also may be one of the more technically sound players on the line. Another example of Whaley's keen eye and value pickup was LB Lorenzo Alexander. From an organizational standpoint under Whaley our pro scouting department is coming up with aces.

As others have said it is obvious that a good OL coach such as Komer does make a big difference on the unit.

Happy with the line overall. Acceptable amount of penalties (except richie last week), Tyrod upright most of the time, good run blocking.

Roman never impressed me as a game caller but he knew Oline's and blocking schemes, I wonder how much credit he deserves here.

Nice to have a solid front. Its how u get into the playoffs.

Two examples of Whaley's free agent value pickups on the OL are Incognito and Jordan Mills. On the line Mills may be the least conspicuous player but also may be one of the more technically sound players on the line. Another example of Whaley's keen eye and value pickup was LB Lorenzo Alexander. From an organizational standpoint under Whaley our pro scouting department is coming up with aces.

As others have said it is obvious that a good OL coach such as Komer does make a big difference on the unit.

Mills has been much improved over last season, but he did give up a bad sack yesterday.

Mills has been much improved over last season, but he did give up a bad sack yesterday.

No one is making the point that he is a top tier OT because he is not. What he does is play the position technically well. . He is a dramatic upgrade compared to when Henderson and Kujo played the same position. From a value standpoint he was a tremendous pickup. The Bills went from the RT position being a major liability to it now being played competently.

No one is making the point that he is a top tier OT because he is not. What he does is play the position technically well. . He is a dramatic upgrade compared to when Henderson and Kujo played the same position. From a value standpoint he was a tremendous pickup. The Bills went from the RT position being a major liability to it now being played competently.

It's rather evident that he's doing a mostly competent job manning the RT position as I have acknowledged here and in other threads.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

He was average last year until his ankle injury. He should have been put on IR after week 12. He had no business being on the field.

He looks solid.

Hell even Mills is acceptable at RT. And CK did just fine at LT. Kromer looks like he is helping these guys get better. I believe Tom Cable is the current most highly regarded OL coach and still think Mike Tice's reputation is good. Kromer might be on the short list of top 5 guys by season's end.

He was terrible last year and I was really upset we did nothing to upgrade the right side of the line. His improvement from year 1 to year 2 has been great and I'm so glad I was wrong. This may be the team I thought we should have last year.

He was terrible because he was hurt and a rookie, a deadly combination. The same combo, along with the fact that he missed camp, will likely make Lawson a problematic contributor as well when/if he gets on the field later this season. They'd better not rush him back.

Coaching means so much in the NFL and the OL is one of the position groups where it means the most. The Patriots, I hate to say, is the best example. They have a great OL coach and a great offensive scheme, both of which are enormously important. The players strengths have to fit several things, between the OL coach's wants, the OC's kind of offense and play calling, AND the offensive skill players trying to do what they do well. The Bills have not been able to put all of that together in a long while. It's possible that Rex has found the best solution in awhile. Kromer is a very good OL coach. Lynn seems to be able to play to players strengths way better than Roman who tried to outthink and outfox and out scheme them. It worked okay with the line but not for Shady and not really for Felton.

I'm convince Lynn was the guy that lobbied for the return of Felton. He knows to let Shady be Shady. He simplified the blocking schemes to let the guys just do what they do best. He ran the plays that Shady can do what he does best in. The linemen haven't been spending 15 seconds reevaluating their assignments before the snap. And it's been rather obvious the result. Felton, especially, is doing what he does best and it's working for Shady. Miller has excelled the last few games. Even Kujo seemed to play okay. Our run game is night and day different in games 3-5 vs 1-2 although I contend a bunch of that was due to allowing TT to be TT.

Coaching means so much in the NFL and the OL is one of the position groups where it means the most. The Patriots, I hate to say, is the best example. They have a great OL coach and a great offensive scheme, both of which are enormously important. The players strengths have to fit several things, between the OL coach's wants, the OC's kind of offense and play calling, AND the offensive skill players trying to do what they do well. The Bills have not been able to put all of that together in a long while. It's possible that Rex has found the best solution in awhile. Kromer is a very good OL coach. Lynn seems to be able to play to players strengths way better than Roman who tried to outthink and outfox and out scheme them. It worked okay with the line but not for Shady and not really for Felton.

I'm convince Lynn was the guy that lobbied for the return of Felton. He knows to let Shady be Shady. He simplified the blocking schemes to let the guys just do what they do best. He ran the plays that Shady can do what he does best in. The linemen haven't been spending 15 seconds reevaluating their assignments before the snap. And it's been rather obvious the result. Felton, especially, is doing what he does best and it's working for Shady. Miller has excelled the last few games. Even Kujo seemed to play okay. Our run game is night and day different in games 3-5 vs 1-2 although I contend a bunch of that was due to allowing TT to be TT.

:thumbsup: To be honest I'm greatly surprised in how well the entire unit has been playing since Lynn was named OC.

Holy crap, a 7.1 yard per carry average against the Rams and McCoy was unstoppable with an 8.3 YPC AVG :w00t: