The place to repent for McCoy Doubters

It's a beautiful evening in Atlanta, the back doors are open and despite being almost 10:00, I could SWEAR someone is cooking ribs! I'm sorry for the irrelevant post, but it's making me CRAZY! It's so very good...... Do I close the house up, or go on a search? Ohhh, sorry....

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If holding a RB to 109 yards rushing and receiving is embarrassing him, most RBs would be in line for that treatment. There was only one game last year where he had significantly more total yardage(The Jets game, 159 yards). Besides that his next biggest game was against the Pats*** in which he had 123.

Yes I know he didn't have much success.

I think we are past that but thanks for your support. :thumbsup:

109 yards on 24 touches.......that's less production per touch than he had when he had the lowest ypt in the NFL among qualifiers.

The Bills fed Shady because that was HIS DAY and he rewarded the Bills by running right into Chip's little gameplan and those touches were very costly.

MG comes in.......takes the road less traveled by McCoy and immediately takes one to the house.

Yes I know he didn't have much success.

I think we are past that but thanks for your support. :thumbsup:

109 yards on 24 touches.......that's less production per touch than he had when he had the lowest ypt in the NFL among qualifiers.

The Bills fed Shady because that was HIS DAY and he rewarded the Bills by running right into Chip's little gameplan and those touches were very costly.

MG comes in.......takes the road less traveled by McCoy and immediately takes one to the house.

Your really making yourself look silly here

BADOL- what I wonder is how many games will shady be basically the dpsavior of the offense before you finally admit you were wrong even to some small degree, because now you look like your just digging your heals in the sand. You have that right, but if he plays 16 games like this you'll have serious egg on your face for two years of bashing him.

When you go after a bone this hard....hard to backtrack.

Or you could give me credit for obliging you long suffering sad-sacks who have been waiting an excruciating 20 games to have something to crow about with regard to the official "top 3 RB" Shady McCoy. :lol:

I know it's just one game....and that a meltdown against a feeble Niners team could totally change perspective...... but I am letting you guys take your premature victory lap to the unsupportive beat of my golf clap. :beer:

Trust me though, beyond the fact that I root for the laundry at all times.......whether you politicians like it or not........... I really hope he doesn't lose his stride again for your sakes........you are a pathetic bunch when CJ DOESN'T run for 2,000 yards and SJ13 can't stay healthy and so forth. :thumbsup:

Or you could give me credit for obliging you long suffering sad-sacks who have been waiting an excruciating 20 games to have something to crow about with regard to the official "top 3 RB" Shady McCoy. :lol:

I know it's just one game....and that a meltdown against a feeble Niners team could totally change perspective...... but I am letting you guys take your premature victory lap to the unsupportive beat of my golf clap. :beer:

Trust me though, beyond the fact that I root for the laundry at all times.......whether you politicians like it or not........... I really hope he doesn't lose his stride again for your sakes........you are a pathetic bunch when CJ DOESN'T run for 2,000 yards and SJ13 can't stay healthy and so forth. :thumbsup:

Well...that certainly is one way of looking at it...... :)

It does put you in the unfortunate position of hoping for failure

Edited by John from Hemet

It's a beautiful evening in Atlanta, the back doors are open and despite being almost 10:00, I could SWEAR someone is cooking ribs! I'm sorry for the irrelevant post, but it's making me CRAZY! It's so very good...... Do I close the house up, or go on a search? Ohhh, sorry....

Definitely go on a search.

Betting against the bills and flapping your gums.

What a bold move.

Or you could remind us of how Parker flipped Whaley over and gave it to him in the rear regarding Jairus Byrd. Remember you berating the FO for 'failure' on that negotiation ? How is that turning out for you ?

Or you could remind us of how Parker flipped Whaley over and gave it to him in the rear regarding Jairus Byrd. Remember you berating the FO for 'failure' on that negotiation ? How is that turning out for you ?

If you consistently make fundamentally sound personnel decisions you will be in position to win in the NFL.

That applies to this situation because it was fundamentally sound for the Bills to try to retain a young ALL PRO player....to that point they had only home grown 2 ALL PROS since the playoff drought,,,,,,,,,Byrd and Jason Peters(ahem).

And hear me now.....******THE BILLS TRIED TO PAY HIM BIG MONEY******.......right until the end.........they weren't clairvoyant by any means.

But in the process of waiting him out for two years while Parker nursed the biggest possible deal by from the market by having Jairus stage holdouts/sitouts.........the Bills had extended Aaron Williams while they could as a contingency for $6M per year.......pretty much meaning Byrd was going to take less than market or walk.

Parker achieved his goal. He got his market deal. He finagled a rare home grown All Pro right off the Bills roster........AGAIN.

Byrd has been a bust in New Orleans..........but can you imagine if the Bills had signed Byrd to the deal that THEY wanted to......having already PAID Aaron Williams and got a double dose of what those two have provided the past few years?

Williams hurt his neck 2 games into his new contract in 2014.........his play dropped off CONSIDERABLY from 2013.......the immortal Dolores Searcy played better that season.........and then of course he essentially missed the 2015 season and is now nowhere near the player they signed to that deal.

But you know why you haven't seen me railing on that deal? Because it was fundamentally sound.

He was playing well and appeared to be an ascending talent.......and if you use a second round pick on a player(like AW and Byrd) and they exceed expectation and you DON'T extend them because you don't value the position he plays........you were a f*cking idiot for drafting him there!

That kind of sh*t happens when you DRAFT FOR NEED instead of using those early rounds to add players at positions that you can't afford or can't even find quality at in free agency. :thumbsup:

How this relates to McCoy is that RB's are a dime-a-dozen.......or at least they would be if teams cared enough about them to apply the dimes.

Fundamentally UNSOUND decision to latch yourself onto one.

Does that mean it ABSOLUTELY won't work out.........no, bad decisions can work out just like good decisions can go wrong.

But it's unlikely. Highly unlikely.

You hoping for failure guy? Sure seems like it. Cmon breh your better than that. Get off your negative crusade and have a sip of the koolaid. its good! :thumbsup:

You hoping for failure guy? Sure seems like it. Cmon breh your better than that. Get off your negative crusade and have a sip of the koolaid. its good! :thumbsup:

Of course I'm better than "that". :rolleyes:

Like I said.........I "root for the laundry".........as in I always root for the Bills I just don't care which player is making the plays.

If you think any of my enjoyment of the game is taken away by a few embittered jerkoffs with possible mood affecting health issues........FAAAAART.......you would be incorrect. :lol:

If you want me to value your opinions...........start by not acting like I say things I do not..........like that I root against the Bills :lol: ...........if just makes you look incapable of dealing with the truth. :thumbsup:

Next, have some sound football takes........like maybe a philosophy on how to stock positions or build a championship roster.........rather than being as random as Marv Levy and Russ Brandon at the helm of a Ralph C. Wilson enterprise.

Of course I'm better than "that". :rolleyes:

Like I said.........I "root for the laundry".........as in I always root for the Bills I just don't care which player is making the plays.

If you think any of my enjoyment of the game is taken away by a few embittered jerkoffs with possible mood affecting health issues........FAAAAART.......you would be incorrect. :lol:

If you want me to value your opinions...........start by not acting like I say things I do not..........like that I root against the Bills :lol: ...........if just makes you look incapable of dealing with the truth. :thumbsup:

Next, have some sound football takes........like maybe a philosophy on how to stock positions or build a championship roster.........rather than being as random as Marv Levy and Russ Brandon at the helm of a Ralph C. Wilson enterprise.

Bado in all honestly you are one of the few that actually have this problem on this board

Take a step back....and read your posts attacking other posters.