I cant freaking wait!!!!!

Spikes16

you do realize they would have to absorb a 17M cap hit to trade or release him, right?

251079[/snapback]

It was 20 million. However, it was 7 million immediately, 6.5 million as a roster bonus last year and 6.5 this year.

The Skins bagged on the bonus from last year and said it was only diiscussed, not agreed to and signed in the contract. If they "trade him" before the roster bonus is due this year, they they are only liable for the remainder of the 7 million bonus.

Arrington was screwed by the Skins, and is holding a grudge. The Skins coaching staff has issues with controlling Arrington on the field and feel like they are "playing with 10 guys on defense".

If Arrington's knee holds up and he can pass another teams physical, he maybe gone before the season.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What happens if Drew plays well? If JP plays well too then we feel it was a great decision, if he doesn't do we think it was a mistake? It seems regardless of how the Bills do or JP plays, releasing Bledsoe was the right decision. If so, then Drew has ever right to be pissed.

He needs to compete because he is a 12 year vet. You cant expect him to be in his prime, but as of now, JP has a job that was given to him, good preseason or not. Don't bring Elway or Young into this, cause that's an unfair comparison to any QB coming into a preseason. It's a given, Bledsoe is not Elway or Young.

Drew gave you his best. The least you can do is thank him for what he gave you.

Man, you give Bills fans a bad name.

251155[/snapback]

You know what? John Elway had a great quote just before he played in the Super Bowl against GB......When asked if he was still the same QB, he said "what I've lost physically I've made up for mentally. I may not be as good of a player as I used to be, but I'm definitely a better QB." So you're right. It is an unfair comparison, cause Bledsoe is the exact opposite of Elway and Kelly in that regard.

As for saying that that the fans should be thankful to Drew, Drew (by far) got the better end of the deal. He had a good situation here and he failed to take advantage of it. I was excited to have him here in 2002. In 2003 I gave him a Mulligan. After 2004, it's time to say buh-bye. If JP doesn't get it done, it will be buh-bye to him, too.

As for giving Bills fans a bad name, :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: buddy. The fans who give Bills fans a bad name are the ones who were booing Kelly in 1996. Kelly is a player who is deserving of our thanks.......He took us to the brink of a World Championship four times and gave us many years of successful and exciting football. Last I checked, Bledsoe was throwing picks to the Steelers JV squad.

you are just bitter, b/c your wife beat the hell out of you last night...Drew did thank the fans, several times.....he did not say it in dolphin talk, which explains why you may have missed it..... :blush:  :)  :lol:

251143[/snapback]

Drew has become aware that certain Buffalo fans are angry with the way he handled his discussions with the media and has asked for all previous comments to be stricken from the record and replaced by this statement.

" Leaving Buffalo is the saddest moment of my life. I have considered killing myself over it but some guy named Rico called and said that he preferred that I remain alive, something about his post numbers suffering. I have cried a lot and will never forget Buffalo.

I truly appreciate that Buffalo has cut me from their squad. Basically, I suck and there's simply no hiding it. Yes, I did cause all 7 losses last year and of course, the teams' 9 wins came despite my efforts to lose. Man, I really suck. No, I mean, I really suck big time. My wife and kids had been taking to calling me assDrew, that hurt, but hey, I suck. The Buffalo fans are the most knowledgeable in football and if it were possible I would make each of them GM for a day. I love those fans, even the ones that hate me because they are smart enough to understand that I suck. Did I mention that I suck? I do, man I suck.

JP Losman is the greatest individual I have ever met in my life. He has Super Bowl written all over him. He truly is Christ-like. Starting him over me was a stroke of brilliance. I plan on taping all the Buffalo games. I wish I could have been around to win more games (not suggesting I would have anything to do with the wins mind you, but you know, just be around). This team frankly is perfect in all facets except the quarterback. That is, until JP starts winging that pigskin around in September. I'm heterosexual, but if I wasn't...well you know.

I took this job in Dallas only for the money. I mean it sucks down there. The ownership sucks, the coach sucks, the players suck....I'll fit right in because I suck too! I can't wait 'til I get home with this Dallas clothing and stuff and can use it to line my litter box. My Dad Max asked me to get some for him so he could burn it. I'm going to continue to wear my Buffalo underwear until it falls off. I love the fans particularly the cyber fans that have been bashing me for so long on that TSW site.

Let's face it, they are true heroes and deserve to be regarded as visionaries.

Anyway, I'm thinking we'll go something like 3-13 or 4-12 if the team, despite me of course, can get a couple of lucky wins. Good luck in the Super Bowl, I know you guys will win this time, I'm sorry, just so very, very sorry that I suck."

As for saying that that the fans should be thankful to Drew, Drew (by far) got the better end of the deal. He had a good situation here and he failed to take advantage of it. I was excited to have him here in 2002. In 2003 I gave him a Mulligan. After 2004, it's time to say buh-bye. If JP doesn't get it done, it will be buh-bye to him, too.

Ok, fair enough that every player is recieving your scathing criticism.

As for giving Bills fans a bad name,  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  buddy. The fans who give Bills fans a bad name are the ones who were booing Kelly in 1996. Kelly is a player who is deserving of our thanks.......He took us to the brink of a World Championship four times and gave us many years of successful and exciting football. Last I checked, Bledsoe was throwing picks to the Steelers JV squad.

251180[/snapback]

So, again your comparing him to a HOF QB. Yeah, that's real fair there buddy. Make sure you compare your wife's cooking to Emeril too, just to make sure you are consistent.

I like Drew as a person, too, but his whole act the past couple days has caused me to think less of him. He has no reason to take shots at the Bills organization. TD stood behind him and supported him up until the very end. I expect it from Jerry Jones, but not Drew Bledsoe. I certainly don't want to see him get injured, but I admit that I'm looking forward to him meeting some new friends.....such as Mr. Arrington, Mr. Kearse, and Mr. Strahan.....among others.

251047[/snapback]

uh, donohoe stood behind him not until the end, but until he cut him.

Ok, fair enough that every player is recieving your scathing criticism.

So, again your comparing him to a HOF QB. Yeah, that's real fair there buddy. Make sure you compare your wife's cooking to Emeril too, just to make sure you are consistent.

251192[/snapback]

I just realized I am arguing about the Bills with a Miami fan........you'll have to excuse me. I should have just said 'go fu*k yourself' to begin with......sorry to waste your time (and mine) :blush:

uh, donohoe stood behind him not until the end, but until he cut him.

251194[/snapback]

Drew is the one who requested to be cut.

It was 20 million.  However, it was 7 million immediately, 6.5 million as a roster bonus last year and 6.5 this year. 

The Skins bagged on the bonus from last year and said it was only diiscussed, not agreed to and signed in the contract.  If they "trade him" before the roster bonus is due this year, they they are only liable for the remainder of the 7 million bonus. 

251163[/snapback]

i think your incorrect......

http://redskins.scout.com/2/350938.html

"There continues to be some dumb talk about trading Arrington that needs to be addressed here. Such talk is dumb for two reasons. The first, and the one that makes the second moot, is the $17 million cap hit the team would take for cutting Arrington."

the roster bonus in question you refer to is for spring of 2006, not for last season.......

Drew has become aware that certain Buffalo fans are angry with the way he handled his discussions with the media and has asked for all previous comments to be stricken from the record and replaced by this statement.

" Leaving Buffalo is the saddest moment of my life.  I have considered killing myself over it but some guy named Rico called and said that he preferred that I  remain alive, something about his post numbers suffering.  I have cried a lot and will never forget Buffalo. 

I truly appreciate that Buffalo has cut me from their squad.  Basically, I suck and there's simply no hiding it.  Yes, I did cause all 7 losses last year and of course, the teams' 9 wins came despite my efforts to lose.  Man, I really suck.  No, I mean, I really suck big time.  My wife and kids had been taking to calling me assDrew, that hurt, but hey, I suck.  The Buffalo fans are the most knowledgeable in football and if it were possible I would make each of them GM for a day.  I love those fans, even the ones that hate me because they are smart enough to understand that I suck.  Did I mention that I suck? I do, man I suck.

JP Losman is the greatest individual I have ever met in my life.  He has Super Bowl written all over him.  He truly is Christ-like.  Starting him over me was a stroke of brilliance.  I plan on taping all the Buffalo games.  I wish I could have been around to win more games (not suggesting I would have anything to do with the wins mind you, but you know, just be around).  This team frankly is perfect in all facets except the quarterback.  That is, until JP starts winging that pigskin around in September.  I'm heterosexual, but if I wasn't...well you know.

I took this job in Dallas only for the money.  I mean it sucks down there.  The ownership sucks, the coach sucks, the players suck....I'll fit right in because I suck too!  I can't wait 'til I get home with this Dallas clothing and stuff and can use it to line my litter box.  My Dad Max asked me to get some for him so he could burn it.  I'm going to continue to wear my Buffalo underwear until it falls off.  I love the fans particularly the cyber fans that have been bashing me for so long on that TSW site.

Let's face it, they are true heroes and deserve to be regarded as visionaries.

Anyway, I'm thinking we'll go something like 3-13 or 4-12 if the team, despite me of course, can get a couple of lucky wins.  Good luck in the Super Bowl, I know you guys will win this time, I'm sorry, just so very, very sorry that I suck."

251191[/snapback]

Edit

i think your incorrect......

http://redskins.scout.com/2/350938.html

"There continues to be some dumb talk about trading Arrington that needs to be addressed here. Such talk is dumb for two reasons. The first, and the one that makes the second moot, is the $17 million cap hit the team would take for cutting Arrington."

the roster bonus in question you refer to is for spring of 2006, not for last season.......

251199[/snapback]

Again I will use those two nasty words around here. "INSIDE INFORMATION". The bonus is not setup the way the mdeia portrays it. The skins already have an offer for a high 1st rounder in hand, but want more. Right now they are PO'ed at Arrington because he is supposed to be rehabing at Redskin park and isn't. He just had some knee surgery after the season, but they haven't seen him, and he knows they are trying to trade him.

Trust me, if they can work it out, he is gone. He hurts their defense more then he helps.

Notice that article is from a resident blogger ala sh-- or Johnny Coli. There is no real proof there.

He hurts their defense more then he helps.

251202[/snapback]

Seriously?? I haven't seen enough of him to know, but that's surprising to hear you say that. All I've really seen are highlights of him on Sportscenter, but he sure looked dominant to me.

I just realized I am arguing about the Bills with a Miami fan........you'll have to excuse me. I should have just said 'go fu*k yourself' to begin with......sorry to waste your time (and mine)  :blush:

251197[/snapback]

Again, I'd like to reiterate the whole "You give Bills fans a bad name"

What's the matter, cant hold a debate with a fan of another team? Afraid to be shamed? I've been impartial this whole time, bringing up valid points and not being the jerk that posts "MIAMI RULES BILLS SUCK!" And you drop to that level. Shouldn't be sruprised with the way you started this thread.

Thankfully I'm smart enough to know that most Bills fans aren't like you.

Again, I'd like to reiterate the whole "You give Bills fans a bad name"

What's the matter, cant hold a debate with a fan of another team? Afraid to be shamed? I've been impartial this whole time, bringing up valid points and not being the jerk that posts "MIAMI RULES BILLS SUCK!" And you drop to that level. Shouldn't be sruprised with the way you started this thread.

Thankfully I'm smart enough to know that most Bills fans aren't like you.

251211[/snapback]

Actually, it's more the fact that I could give two sh*ts what a Miami fan has to say about my team. Nothing more, nothing less.

As far as debating goes, I love it. I'm also not afraid of being 'wrong' about something, nor am I afraid to give my opinion - no matter how popular or unpopular it may be.

Again I will use those two nasty words around here.  "INSIDE INFORMATION".  The bonus is not setup the way the mdeia portrays it.  The skins already have an offer for a high 1st rounder in hand, but want more.  Right now they are PO'ed at Arrington because he is supposed to be rehabing at Redskin park and isn't.  He just had some knee surgery after the season, but they haven't seen him, and he knows they are trying to trade him.   

Trust me, if they can work it out, he is gone.  He hurts their defense more then he helps. 

Notice that article is from a resident blogger ala sh-- or Johnny Coli.  There is no real proof there.

251202[/snapback]

alright va, i'll file this next to your "shelton will net zona at least a 1st" and "henry will get buffalo a 3rd at best" predictions.......

i still think the media is right on the cap hits, but we'll see.......

Seriously??  I haven't seen enough of him to know, but that's surprising to hear you say that. All I've really seen are highlights of him on Sportscenter, but he sure looked dominant to me.

251208[/snapback]

The Skins really got PO'ed at him, Greg primarily, on one play that pretty much put the Skins out of playoff contention. Arrington was supposed to have covered underneath on a receiver, Safety was supposed to play deep ball against Dallas, I think.

Any how "my inside source" told and showed me, Arrington decided to drop the receiver and go after the Qb, forcing the Safety down to cover. Receiver got behind him and the scored to win with a minute to go.

My inside source says this happens several times per game and Arrington when questioned blows it off and says it is his "job" to get the ball. That is why you see him always on highlights, because he is making them to the detriment of the team. He is a great athlete, but a horrible team player.

The Redskins wre actually a much better team defensively without Arrington this year. The source also says the entire Dline will be replaced within 2 years, as they are a large part of the lack of pressure and turnovers. The are solid in the run, but are unable to put pressure on the QB. Jeez where have I heard that about Williams Dlines before.

Also if the Skins can get a "high" enough draft pick they really like SMith from Utah.

I've been impartial this whole time, bringing up valid points and not being the jerk that posts "MIAMI RULES BILLS SUCK!" And you drop to that level. Shouldn't be sruprised with the way you started this thread.

251211[/snapback]

Aren't you the jerkoff who just said above that you hoped a certain someone was hit by a truck? You're just the average, everyday, run-of-the-mill, hypocrite troll.