Patriots Release G Jonathan Cooper; Claimed by Browns

They traded Chandler Jones for this guy. #Genius :doh:

@CourtneyFallon_

Can confirm @FieldYates report #PatriotsNFL_Season_2016_NE.png have released G Jonathan Cooper.

@CourtneyFallon_

Move comes on heels of #PatriotsNFL_Season_2016_NE.png promoting DL Woody Hamilton from p-squad. Hope is Cooper clears waivers this weekend w/opp to return to NE

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cooper was a throw in, that deal was about the pick. Biggest take away from that deal is how little teams value "rental players" who are due a big payday after one season.

We'll see how good the careers of Joe Thuney and Malcolm Mitchell turn out since that's who they got along with Cooper after dealing the 2nd round pick.

If the bills did this we would have NNN's all over the place slitting their wrists

Because its New England they are genious

You are correct.

I just read the ESPN the Magazine on Belichick. As much as I dislike the Pats, I do respect Belichick and what he has accomplished (notwithstanding all of the other stuff).

In the article, it mentioned how the crowd in Cleveland (when he lost his last game there) was chanting "Bill must go." This made me automatically think about what would have happened here on this board and the twin brain trust of Sully and Bucky. They would have been screaming for Belichick's head.

It just goes to show you that there is a lot to be said for that old proverb about being careful what you wish for . . . . .

You are correct.

I just read the ESPN the Magazine on Belichick. As much as I dislike the Pats, I do respect Belichick and what he has accomplished (notwithstanding all of the other stuff).

In the article, it mentioned how the crowd in Cleveland (when he lost his last game there) was chanting "Bill must go." This made me automatically think about what would have happened here on this board and the twin brain trust of Sully and Bucky. They would have been screaming for Belichick's head.

It just goes to show you that there is a lot to be said for that old proverb about being careful what you wish for . . . . .

They were chanting Bill must go, when they knew THE ENTIRE TEAM WAS MOVING? :lol:

That is commitment.

Not sure about the validity of this story. :lol:

I remember when Cooper was the safest pick in the draft. A sure thing.

We will face another one of those this Sunday. Greg Robinson. He hasn't been Cooper bad but he's far from being the sure thing the Rams were getting.

They traded Chandler Jones for this guy. #Genius :doh:

@CourtneyFallon_

Can confirm @FieldYates report #PatriotsNFL_Season_2016_NE.png have released G Jonathan Cooper.

@CourtneyFallon_

Move comes on heels of #PatriotsNFL_Season_2016_NE.png promoting DL Woody Hamilton from p-squad. Hope is Cooper clears waivers this weekend w/opp to return to NE

That's what headline should have been - Pats* release Chandler Jones