Fiction writer gets lambasted for writing fiction

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/13/books/lionel-shriver-cultural-appropriation-brisbane-writers-festival.html

“The reality is that those from marginalized groups, even today, do not get the luxury of defining their own place in a norm that is profoundly white, straight and, often, patriarchal,” Ms. Abdel-Magied said in her criticism of Ms. Shriver.

"Ms. Shriver donned a sombrero for much of her speech — an allusion to a case in the United States in which articles of impeachment were drawn up (and later rescinded) against non-Mexican student government members for doing the same during a fiesta-themed tequila party at Bowdoin College."

:lol:

Good for Shriver. I'm all for meeting this ridiculous PC crap head on.

"Ms. Shriver donned a sombrero for much of her speech — an allusion to a case in the United States in which articles of impeachment were drawn up (and later rescinded) against non-Mexican student government members for doing the same during a fiesta-themed tequila party at Bowdoin College."

:lol:

Good for Shriver. I'm all for meeting this ridiculous PC crap head on.

Remember in Elementary school when everyone picked a country out of a hat then came to school with something from that culture? I brought stir-fry noodles and everyone rejoiced!

Remember in Elementary school when everyone picked a country out of a hat then came to school with something from that culture? I brought stir-fry noodles and everyone rejoiced!

Hmmm. I learn something new every day. I did not know that Mexicans had stir fry at all. It sounds good.

• 2 weeks later...