NFL.com: Gregg Rosenthal's 2016 QB Index

Ice, Ice, baby! Matt Ryan rules the QB Index
Updating his QB pecking order, Gregg Rosenthal says one man is currently in a league of his own: Matt Ryan. How do the other 31 starting signal callers stack up against each other at the quarter mark?

Middle of the pack

20) Tyrod Taylor, Buffalo Bills

Taylor and Russell Wilson are the only two quarterbacks whose "grades" have improved each week this season, a sign that Bills coach Rex Ryan was wise to swap out offensive coordinators. Taylor is the best pure scrambler in football and has used his movement skills more the last two weeks. The Patriots had no answer for Taylor's throws on the run, a development that warmed Ryan's Wildcat Truther heart. We're about two wins away from Rex boasting at a press conference that he was "right about Tim Tebow" all along to no one in particular.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ice, Ice, baby! Matt Ryan rules the QB Index

Middle of the pack

20) Tyrod Taylor, Buffalo Bills

Taylor and Russell Wilson are the only two quarterbacks whose "grades" have improved each week this season, a sign that Bills coach Rex Ryan was wise to swap out offensive coordinators. Taylor is the best pure scrambler in football and has used his movement skills more the last two weeks. The Patriots had no answer for Taylor's throws on the run, a development that warmed Ryan's Wildcat Truther heart. We're about two wins away from Rex boasting at a press conference that he was "right about Tim Tebow" all along to no one in particular.

Honestly that sounds about right.

Lets see if Tyrod continues to climb the ladder as the season progresses

QB Index: Something old, something new in the top 10
What do four-time Super Bowl champ Tom Brady and rookie revelation Dak Prescott have in common? They both hold a top-10 spot in Gregg Rosenthal's QB Index. Check out the full rankings, from 1 to 32.

Mixed bag of mixed play

20) Tyrod Taylor, Buffalo Bills (LW: 20)

@AllbrightNFL

My cQBR data is tabulated; no surprise the worst QB to play this season is Ryan Fitzpatrick. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16eJ5nqHL8pnwETuWQH7srSgBvlk_UoL8fWqhsijkYFY/edit?usp=sharing

Tyrod is 10th on this particular list.

According to that list all 5 of the QB's the Bills have played this year fall in the bottom nine performers in the NFL.

Probably going to have to up their games defensively for Brady, Roethlisberger, Carr etc..

According to that list all 5 of the QB's the Bills have played this year fall in the bottom nine performers in the NFL.

Probably going to have to up their games defensively for Brady, Roethlisberger, Carr etc..

No doubt they need to up their game for Brady. Who doesn't? But could it be that some of your quoted stat is due to the Bills defense actually being pretty good? Edited by MDFan

No doubt they need to up their game for Brady. Who doesn't? But could it be that some of your quoted stat is due to the Bills defense actually being pretty good?

I thought you'd never ask.

The answer regarding the weight of the Bills D on those numbers is this...........Ryan Fitzpatrick is the 32nd and last rated passer on that list............and he absolutely TORCHED the Bills D.........so apparently the other 4 games carry a lot of weight too. :thumbsup:

Perhaps they should get ready to play a fearsome defense!

No doubt they need to up their game for Brady. Who doesn't? But could it be that some of your quoted stat is due to the Bills defense actually being pretty good?

It is a team game. Winning teams are solid in all areas. The Bills need to continue to improve to compete with the big boys.

I have a friend currently arguing on FB that the Bills should trade our 1st rounder next year for Romo/Bradford/or one of Denver's young QBs. But I'm not convinced any of them would be that much better than Taylor. Especially with the way this team is built.

Thoughts?

I have a friend currently arguing on FB that the Bills should trade our 1st rounder next year for Romo/Bradford/or one of Denver's young QBs. But I'm not convinced any of them would be that much better than Taylor. Especially with the way this team is built.

Thoughts?

Neither Dallas or Minnesota makes that deal and Romo is too fragile. A #1 pick for either of the Broncos' QBs? In a word no.

Thoughts?

Are the Bills desperate? That's what you have to be to trade a number one pick for one of two guys that are getting up there in years and have a history of serious injuries. In Romo's case, no one will go high for him unless they have a Trump-like wall in front of him given his most recent problems. And BTW, we're not desperate.

Thoughts?

No. Romo is an injury waiting to happen, Bradford in this offense is at most a small step up from Taylor and I didn't like Lynch coming out, I like him no more as an NFL prospect now. Siemian is a decent game manager bottom 3rd of the league QB and no more.

ESPN: Handing out quarterback grades for every NFL team
Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton have combined to win three NFL MVP awards, but they're not playing at the same level this season. NFL Nation hands out grades from A-plus to F for each team.

Grade: B

Buffalo Bills

Tyrod Taylor is doing one thing exceptionally well for the Bills: protecting the football. Taylor has thrown only two interceptions this season and has a 4-to-1 touchdown-to-interception ratio, tied for fifth-best in the NFL. He also leads the league among quarterbacks with 236 rushing yards. Taylor hasn't wowed as a passer, ranking 21st in completion percentage and 26th in yards per pass attempt. But as long as the Bills are running the ball well and playing from ahead, Taylor is doing exactly what the Bills need him to do. -- Mike Rodak

Hahahahahahahaha the Bills are the ones who made them fall. Carr hahahahahahahaha KC !@#$ed him up. Edited by Beef Jerky

QB Index: Welcome to Bizarro World
Matthew Stafford and Sam Bradford are top-10 quarterbacks ... Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton are not. Wait, what?? Gregg Rosenthal updates his quarterback rankings. Who's No. 1? Who's No. 32?

Middle of the pack

17) Tyrod Taylor, Buffalo Bills (LW: 20)

Taylor's reset happened when Rex Ryan changed offensive coordinators. The second-year starter has steadily improved since, in large part because the running game has taken so much pressure off him. The coaching staff isn't forcing Taylor to pull off weekly miracles with the league's worst wideout group.

QB Index: Welcome to Bizarro World

Middle of the pack

17) Tyrod Taylor, Buffalo Bills (LW: 20)

Taylor's reset happened when Rex Ryan changed offensive coordinators. The second-year starter has steadily improved since, in large part because the running game has taken so much pressure off him. The coaching staff isn't forcing Taylor to pull off weekly miracles with the league's worst wideout group.

YESSSS👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼