Smart TV advice

PromoTheRobot

Just wait on dumping those. Get yourself a media server and convert them all to mp3s. Then connect the media server to the roku. You'll still have your entire music library available to you.

Or if you want to save the headache of setting up and maintaining a server, just dump it all to a USB Hard Drive and plug it into the Roku

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or if you want to save the headache of setting up and maintaining a server, just dump it all to a USB Hard Drive and plug it into the Roku

Not all Roku have a USB input. What I like about my setup is I can connect to my media server through my phone, so when I'm on the road I've got access to my music and movies at home.

Yup and this old man just figured out I can bring up YouTube on my TV with Roku via my phone. Life just got a lot easier. I'm in the process of dumping all my CD's and ancient albums. I stream all my music live with the Nugs app or Pandora or YouTube.

We also use an Apple TV hook up to make anything on the phone/Ipad play on the TV. Kids love it; they make their own movies on some app and project it on the big screen.