Smart TV advice

PromoTheRobot

Gotta hand it to you. You've really embraced your inner stuckincincy.

By the way. I tried calling you the other day. Is your phone number no longer BR-549?

We changed it. And you really think I'm going to give you the new one here. Just tap the phone a couple of times and when Sarah come on just ask for Chef. She'll know who you mean. And if she starts going on about her lumbago just be patient and listen. She doesn't get out much.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to replace my set recently. First bought a Sharp Roku TV. Picture was okay but I loved the Roku interface. But we went back to Best Buy and got talked into upgrading to a Vizio 4K Chromecast set.

It's almost lying to call this a smart TV. There are no apps. It's requires your phone, tablet or laptop to be the source material.

Okay, took a while to wrap my head around that concept but apps like HBO Go worked and looked fantastic on the set. So far very pleased.

But then I start finding out that stuff I watch like NHL.tv and the NFL app block Chromecast. So now I'm like WTF.

I can still take the set back. Can anyone share their thoughts and experiences? I want a good picture plus the flexibility of getting web content how and when I want. Any thoughts comparing Roku to Amazon Fire stick or Samsung smart TV?

Love my Samsung Smart TVs, that what I have all over the house now

So if I understand correctly, this is meant to light up the space behind the TV?

I just want my TV to do one thing well, instead of a lot of things poorly.

Choosing a Television for the apps is like picking a car for the stereo system.

You are missing out on a lot of functionality thinking that way.

By the way I decided to stick with the Vizio with Chromecast. In fact I bought a Chromecast dongle for my man cave set. Turns out both the NHL and NFL ST apps stream on Chrome, just not the Verizon NFL app.

Love my Samsung Smart TVs, that what I have all over the house now

Me to. We have a 4K 65" and I love it. The smart tv part has gotten smoother over the years. I like the little extras like being able to use the remote as a mouse pointer. The "Samsung Extra" is kinda cool as well. I use the YouTube app all the time.

Me to. We have a 4K 65" and I love it. The smart tv part has gotten smoother over the years. I like the little extras like being able to use the remote as a mouse pointer. The "Samsung Extra" is kinda cool as well. I use the YouTube app all the time.

Same here. YouTube, Pandora, Netflix, VuDu etc. Makes life easy.

Same here. YouTube, Pandora, Netflix, VuDu etc. Makes life easy.

Yup and this old man just figured out I can bring up YouTube on my TV with Roku via my phone. Life just got a lot easier. I'm in the process of dumping all my CD's and ancient albums. I stream all my music live with the Nugs app or Pandora or YouTube.

In terms of streaming music I prefer Spotify to Pandora but if playing things for my tv (outside of Youtube) will say I also found Accuradio app is pretty decent free app to stream music with as they have some good premade playlists and the ability to skip as much as you want.

Edited by The Jokeman

Yup and this old man just figured out I can bring up YouTube on my TV with Roku via my phone. Life just got a lot easier. I'm in the process of dumping all my CD's and ancient albums. I stream all my music live with the Nugs app or Pandora or YouTube.

Just wait on dumping those. Get yourself a media server and convert them all to mp3s. Then connect the media server to the roku. You'll still have your entire music library available to you.