How Has Adolphus Washington Been Doing?

JPL7

Bryant has been playing NT with MD sidelined so Idt comparing snaps will serve much purpose. Although, moving forward, it will be interesting to see the snap count at 5T once Dareus returns

They can throw a nice variety of looks out there but I'd hope Rex would be proactive about getting his best players on the field.

Could be dictated by opponents as well though, so you may well be right that snaps wouldn't tell us that much

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going by perception here, but I think he's playing a lot of early downs and not being asked to rush the passer on really obvious passing downs, which is his forte at this point in his career. When we rush 3, and Ryan loves to rush 3 on obvious passing situations, Kyle is the DT most of the time.

They can throw a nice variety of looks out there but I'd hope Rex would be proactive about getting his best players on the field.

Could be dictated by opponents as well though, so you may well be right that snaps wouldn't tell us that much

My favorite thing about the Washington pick this offseason was the depth that it adds. In my mind, he was selected to eventually replace Kyle at DE. Although, like you mention, our current situation and depth allows us to use multiple rotations and lineups. With Corbin Bryant planing decently at NT and a host of other DLman stepping up, we

Should have phenomenal depth and stamina down the stretch

My favorite thing about the Washington pick this offseason was the depth that it adds. In my mind, he was selected to eventually replace Kyle at DE.

Whaley was really stoked when he was available there; felt like it was one of the best value picks of the entire draft.

I sort of agree because every time I saw the guy at OSU, he was absolutely all over the place.

If he keeps working at it, he's going to be a real player for the Bills for a long time.

I thought he was supposed to be disruptive in the passing game but a semi-liability against the run. Go figure.... I know nothing...

Actually, you know something. His perceived weakeness was that he had trouble anchor against the run. There were a couple of videos documenting this pre-draft.

Kudos to the coaches for teaching him and him for being a good student.

He is a great athlete. He was the Gatorade player of the year for Ohio in basketball as a senior. There are a lot of tool to work with. He's a versatile guy and has played really well. He was the 3rd straight good 3rd round pick.

BASKETBALL? OK, that's freaky...

Yeah, that's where the agility come from. Also, he was a 5 star and top 2 at his position as a football recruit. The guy has a lot of physical gifts.

Can't believe we wasted a third round pick on the guy.... :)

The basketball part still sort of shocks me. It's not like he's 6'9", but I guess "big guys" can come in all shapes and forms. That says a lot about him! Barkley wasn't very tall, but he could rebound with anyone.

My favorite thing about the Washington pick this offseason was the depth that it adds. In my mind, he was selected to eventually replace Kyle at DE. Although, like you mention, our current situation and depth allows us to use multiple rotations and lineups. With Corbin Bryant planing decently at NT and a host of other DLman stepping up, we

Should have phenomenal depth and stamina down the stretch

Yes

Whaley was really stoked when he was available there; felt like it was one of the best value picks of the entire draft.

I sort of agree because every time I saw the guy at OSU, he was absolutely all over the place.

If he keeps working at it, he's going to be a real player for the Bills for a long time.

and yes

He is a great athlete. He was the Gatorade player of the year for Ohio in basketball as a senior. There are a lot of tool to work with. He's a versatile guy and has played really well. He was the 3rd straight good 3rd round pick.

Yeah, that's nice and all, but why didn't we get him the year previous in the 7th round? This is just another example of Whaley failing his job.

My outlaws are huge OSU fans and they thought very highly of Washington and the Bills were very good drafting him.

There was a report that the bills when bringing in visits prior to the draft......brought in Adolphus and put him with other rookie visitors (or something to that affect) and then sitting back and watch what happened next.

They all gravitated around Adolphus.

I am going to say I was wrong about this pick...there were players on the board in the 3rd round that I wanted before him but he is proving me wrong. I thought he was gonna take a year to even be solid again the run and expected a little more pass rush.....

The kid is a beast.....and Whaley is friggen good.