Ravens fan assaulted by Raiders fans, in critical condition

YoloinOhio

Not quite sure what that comment means. I don't want to analyze it, and wrongly put words in your mouth. I do feel compelled to say that I found a page with their mugshots, and they appear to be the typical middle class football fan. In fact the one guy is a firefighter. This is just what happens when drunken idiots want to play tough guy for a night and take it too far. This could probably easily happen with a lot stupid fans. They certainly aren't from "the wrong side of the tracks"' if that's what people are thinking. Westchester certainly may not all be rich as many assume, but these guys are still clearly middle class.

As a resident of WC I must say it can be a rich as any place in this country in Scarsdale Eastchester and Bronxville, or as rough and poor as any in Yonkers and Mt. Vernon.

I have told this story a few times.

Raiders fans do have some redeeming qualities. I went to OAK in 2005. Stayed in S.Frisco & took BART to game. Well anyway, on ride back after game... We were talking to a father and his son who were Bills fans. His son was 10 or 11 & wearing a Moulds jersey. Well, this deranged Oakland fan (which Oakland fans aren't deranged you ask??... You will see, just a little down, read on) gets all in the face of the 10 year old child, the man who we were chatting with... His son. The deranged Raiders Dude was screaming and yelling, millimeters from taking the child out! Okay.. How does it end, doesn't look good right? Well... Two other Raiders fans swoop in and tackle said deranged Raider fan that is screaming & yelling to young boy's face! They take the guy that is verbally assualting child and begin beating his azz. Security then comes and takes Raider azzhat away.

Moral of story... There is honor amongst the thieves. A little light does shine in a black hole, even if it is for only a few minutes on an autumnal Sunday 11 years ago! ;-) ;-)

I have told this story a few times.

Raiders fans do have some redeeming qualities. I went to OAK in 2005. Stayed in S.Frisco & took BART to game. Well anyway, on ride back after game... We were talking to a father and his son who were Bills fans. His son was 10 or 11 & wearing a Moulds jersey. Well, this deranged Oakland fan (which Oakland fans aren't deranged you ask??... You will see, just a little down, read on) gets all in the face of the 10 year old child, the man who we were chatting with... His son. The deranged Raiders Dude was screaming and yelling, millimeters from taking the child out! Okay.. How does it end, doesn't look good right? Well... Two other Raiders fans swoop in and tackle said deranged Raider fan that is screaming & yelling to young boy's face! They take the guy that is verbally assualting child and begin beating his azz. Security then comes and takes Raider azzhat away.

Moral of story... There is honor amongst the thieves. A little light does shine in a black hole, even if it is for only a few minutes on an autumnal Sunday 11 years ago! ;-) ;-)

How......heart warming? :)

What the phuck is wrong with us?!

I don't know about you... But I am as toxic as hell! But only on paper!

;-)

Hope this guy will be all right. Like other said, this stuff seems to happen all over. Maybe this is more blatant... But I do recall crazy stuff like beer bottles thrown off the upper deck @ Rich... And hitting somebody. Some amongst us aren't choir boys... But I like to think we (Bills fans) are better!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

My opinion as a visitor at another stadium, don't wear Bills clothes as that makes you a target

Funny though, hockey, whether here or somewhere else, nobody cares

If you don't wear a Bills jersey in Jacksonville you stick out like a sore thumb!

As a resident of WC I must say it can be a rich as any place in this country in Scarsdale Eastchester and Bronxville, or as rough and poor as any in Yonkers and Mt. Vernon.

I can believe that, almost every large place with an upscale reputation has poverty too. I was just responding to a poster who said Westerchester isn't as "homogenous" 'as many assume. I thought that kind of insinuated that these guys were the "rough and poor" residents. After looking at their mugshots, and reading an article about them I already knew they were simply middle class meatheads. It's wasn't a case like out in Oakland where gang members assault each other, and sometimes fans at games. So my point was the fact that Westchester has a "rough and poor" section that many are unaware of, had nothing to do with this crime.

I can believe that, almost every large place with an upscale reputation has poverty too. I was just responding to a poster who said Westerchester isn't as "homogenous" 'as many assume. I thought that kind of insinuated that these guys were the "rough and poor" residents. After looking at their mugshots, and reading an article about them I already knew they were simply middle class meatheads. It's wasn't a case like out in Oakland where gang members assault each other, and sometimes fans at games. So my point was the fact that Westchester has a "rough and poor" section that many are unaware of, had nothing to do with this crime.

No, my response was to a snarky comment that played on Westchester's stereotype as a collection of upper class towns. You assumed that I was referring to the poor areas. Again, if these guys were from Erie county, the original comment isn't uttered.

Hoping the Ravens fan turns out okay.

You hear of many visiting fans who get jumped but I can't say I recall a home fan ever getting attacked.

This. Yet I read where they gave the victim a 30% chance... Those attackers are in some really deep do do if their victim passes on, not like they are already in some deep poo.

And what is it now, with people hitting their heads on the ground or what it seens like more people hitting their heads after the fact? Was this always a phenomenon or did people take punches better years ago. I mean no disrespect.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois