EA sports locks up NFL from 2006 on....

NavyBillsFan

Boy does that screw over a ton of companies... I was reading in my kids Game Informer mag that EA sports has lock up the NFL and NFLPA from 2006 on (10 year deal I think)

No more ESPN, or any other company that was putting out games. That is just not good for the gamer market. EA has been becoming a monopoly of sorts the past 2 years. They took over Westwood and all their servers. There is a huge article about the company and the $%^& that own them. Lots of the great game inventors are out on the street because of EA.

Oh, sorry if posted already, ill return your toys in the morning...

Take Two (the company that does ESPN Games) struck back by getting the license for MLB from 2006 on....

It is an exclusive deal that permits only Take Two and the console makers (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo) the rights to the MLB Players and teams and shuts out all third party producers (namely EA).

Since MVP Baseball grossed over 200 million last year, that is a big blow to EA. I am betting they will partner with Sony (or Microsoft) for next year to do MVP, but for the moment they are shut out.

I think it's been covered that they're going fade out Madden when his deal runs out. Something about keeping him around in some capacity in the games as far as a voice, but nothing like the roll he currently holds.

At least there's a silver lining for some folks. I never checked out the ESPN games to see if they were any good being a Madden chump.