Lorenzo Alexander proving the Bills were right...

Big Turk

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great finds on defense but tell me, who are the WR? Offensively the team is awful. We have 2 weapons Shaddy and Clay. Today TT used both. Most days only one. Whaley has to improve the WR position.

Edited by KRT88

Great finds on defense but tell me, who are the WR? Offensively the team is awful. We have 2 weapons Shaddy and Clay. Today TT used both. Most days only one. Whaley has to improve the WR position.

Wow in a thread about L A you take the opportunity to bash the GM & WR's

The Lorax is a just a man, it's said. Look! There goes the QB's head!

The Lorax leaves opposing QB's dead, so take your bitching to another thread.

Interesting contract situations with both Zach Brown and Lorax...Bills have Rookies fairly cheap at both positions but it would definitely be worth keeping both Zach Brown and Lorax around next year. Lorax is playing for just under $900K this year and Zach is playing for $1.25M. Bills are going to carry over a bunch of cap to next year -- give them both raises to $3 M each this year and add a year at another $3-4M each (non guaranteed)....it would send a great message to the team...

It's funny that people are trying to demand apologies from people like me who have been critical of Shady McCoy now that he has achieved what only FIFTEEN other players in Bills history have done.........rush for 150 yards in a single game......in his 17th start with the team. :lol:

So do I demand an apology from the critics of my take that the Bills shouldn't reach in the draft for OLB and ILB help because those positions could be filled cheaply and very effectively in free agency because it's a veteran friendly defense?

They got about $2.5M invested in those two and are getting not just pro bowl.......but ALL PRO kinda' numbers out of them 1/3 of the way thru the season.

There is being right........and there is being dead-nuts-on-right like THAT........#BADOLRIGHT :thumbsup::lol:

Edited by #BADOL

It's funny that people are trying to demand apologies from people like me who have been critical of Shady McCoy now that he has achieved what only FIFTEEN other players in Bills history have done.........rush for 150 yards in a single game......in his 17th start with the team. :lol:

So do I demand an apology from the critics of my take that the Bills shouldn't reach in the draft for OLB and ILB help because those positions could be filled cheaply and very effectively in free agency because it's a veteran friendly defense?

They got about $2.5M invested in those two and are getting not just pro bowl.......but ALL PRO kinda' numbers out of them 1/3 of the way thru the season.

There is being right........and there is being dead-nuts-on-right like THAT........#BADOLRIGHT :thumbsup::lol:

Well, he is 4th in rushing yards (only 14 yards behind the #2 guy), 4th in total yards from scrimmage, and fifth in ypc.

Well, he is 4th in rushing yards (only 14 yards behind the #2 guy), 4th in total yards from scrimmage, and fifth in ypc.

Hey don't try to hijack the thread :lol: .......the answer with McCoy is the same it's always been......he's a top 3 RB in the league.......4th in rushing yards? He's top 3.....12th in rushing yards? He's top 3.

Now as for Lorax and Brown.......they are top notch and on the cheap right now. :thumbsup:

Hey don't try to hijack the thread :lol: .......the answer with McCoy is the same it's always been......he's a top 3 RB in the league.......4th in rushing yards? He's top 3.....12th in rushing yards? He's top 3.

Now as for Lorax and Brown.......they are top notch and on the cheap right now. :thumbsup:

I usually agree with you, but McCoy is looking pretty damn good right now. My favorite play of his so far is his TD catch against NE - that was not a well-placed ball and most players would not have been able to torque themselves in such a way yet keep their momentum toward the end zone. Let's hope he keeps it up.

Edited by dave mcbride

Interesting contract situations with both Zach Brown and Lorax...Bills have Rookies fairly cheap at both positions but it would definitely be worth keeping both Zach Brown and Lorax around next year. Lorax is playing for just under $900K this year and Zach is playing for $1.25M. Bills are going to carry over a bunch of cap to next year -- give them both raises to $3 M each this year and add a year at another $3-4M each (non guaranteed)....it would send a great message to the team...

I think the message to the individual players in that locker room would be "less money for me".

I don't think being magnanimous in that regard pays off in the salary cap era..........for Eddie DeBartolo's Niners.......yeah.......but not anymore.

The players that would applaud it are the ones who are very highly and/or overpaid and the team can't do anything about........it makes them seem like a champion of the cause of getting everyone paid. :thumbsup:

Has any one heard from Mario Williams??? Is he still in the league?

5 Tackles (7 including assists) and 1 sack in 5 games played.

Not quite sure why Whaley let go of such a talent with a great work ethic.

The Lorax is a just a man, it's said. Look! There goes the QB's head!

The Lorax leaves opposing QB's dead, so take your bitching to another thread.

I almost died reading this.

Great post :D:D:D

From Rex's interview, sounds like Lorax is another player that Rex had an eye on during FA. He said that he tried to get him for the Jets because he reminded him of Adalius Thomas.

Edited by GG

@SalSports

On when Shaq comes back: "Lorenzo is a starter. Only question is if he;s a starter in the pro bowl." -- Rex

@MatthewFairburn

Rex Ryan on Lorenzo Alexander: "He drops (in coverage). I don't recall him ever bitching about dropping."

Translation:

Shaq was a day one starter.

But he wasn't ready day one so f*ck 'em. :thumbsup:

When it comes to stocking the front 7......Whaley and the Pegula's need to learn to restrain Rex.......given the opportunity he will draft a DL or LB first every year even though he can get the same results from other teams castaway free agent vets.

Translation:

When it comes to stocking the front 7......Whaley and the Pegula's need to learn to restrain Rex.......given the opportunity he will draft a DL or LB first every year even though he can get the same results from other teams castaway free agent vets.

LOL! So what, pray tell, should teams use their 1st and 2nd round picks on?

I always agreed with your basic premise - Rex defenses don't require elite front 7 talent.

But they did not reach on Shaq. They let the board come to them and selected the best player on the board and a difference maker. He will prove this. It might not happen this year but it will happen. Now had they ended up with Ragland at #19 (and they say they were willing to take him there) that would have been a major reach.

Translation:

It seems to be working... So let Rex be Rex. Take your bull **** elsewhere. Edited by Beef Jerky